Poor attendance chestnut

ancientsaint

here here!! i dont go much either, cant be bothered with stewards and polis . ive watched stewards bully fans and physical grappling with them, no point in complaining as you only get threatened with getting put out. ive sat at scoreboard end since day 1 and its getting worse!! MCD is fast becoming a ground where you aint allowed to get excited . clubs always asking fans to get behind the team at home well,,,im sorry , any action that gets you off your seat gets a huge inrush of stewards/polis. this is the same tayside lot that lets others stand!! ever seen united fans sitting down behind goal at tannadumpy??? naw!!! their up getting excited at their team. so my 20 better spent elsewhere!!!!

i just copied this post how do you highlight it to chnage colour

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a Saint's fan as such, but I live in the town and enjoy taking my son & daughter to a game. My daughter is becoming a Saint's fan but it can be pricey. We sit over in the West Stand ( they like it ) but I don't understand why, when the stadium is no where near capacity, they charge an extra £5 per kid for sitting there. So that's £43 for the games we attend then when you add in food that is pushing £60 (£50 if we were to sit in east stand). At the moment there is no point buying season tickets as I don't know if my daughter will want to go week in week out yet.

You're paid enough, buy some season tickets.

The Ormond Stand should be opened again as the family stand, properly.

Offering deals like kids go free or heavily discounted prices when sitting in that stand specifically. Say the entrance for one adult and one child is £20. Incentivising throughout the soccer schools that saints have at weekends and encouraging their parents to help out and also attend the matchs at McD.

I dunno but we can't really get 6,000 for a game v Midden as they really don't travel that well anymore.

The Ormond Stand should be opened again as the family stand, properly.

Offering deals like kids go free or heavily discounted prices when sitting in that stand specifically. Say the entrance for one adult and one child is £20. Incentivising throughout the soccer schools that saints have at weekends and encouraging their parents to help out and also attend the matchs at McD.

I dunno but we can't really get 6,000 for a game v Midden as they really don't travel that well anymore.

i agree 100% mate they have to do something to increase crowds, yes interest in saints is declining but what is wrong with doing like a day package of £5 football in the morning and football in the afternoon.

i bet if you opened up the half the ormond stand for the hibs match made it family only £2 for children and £10 adult and child and advertised in the pa. you would get more people to come to the game. another option must be to offer £5 for the soccer skill programme where the child gets the one hour football in the morning followed by the match in the afternoon.

i bet if you opened up the half the ormond stand for the hibs match made it family only £2 for children and £10 adult and child and advertised in the pa. you would get more people to come to the game. another option must be to offer £5 for the soccer skill programme where the child gets the one hour football in the morning followed by the match in the afternoon.

It wouldn't work. I reckon even if Saints gave the tickets away for nothing, you'd only get a handful of extra folk coming through the gates.

We have a small support, always have and always will. Although this topic reflects well, as this usually means the football side is doing reasonably well. When in the first division, crowd numbers were rarely discussed. Get to the press spot light in the spl and the papers love bashing us, although StMirren, Hamilton are poorly supported, and Killies support is terrible compared to their stadium size and years gone attenedances! I do not think there is anything you can do to get fans back to the game, their £20+ is being spent in different areas. The question is how do you attract new fans, I dont think you can as the quality of SPL football is not that great. It is diehards who will continue to watch and support the team.

My financial situation crys £20+ is very expensive for 90 minutes of SPL football. I couldnt afford a season ticket at preseason and now I cant afford to attend all games. Times are tough, and will only get tougher into 2011 and beyond.

Edited by Dave H

Nope, you'd get a similar number, many of who get in for less and fell smug, whilst the season ticket holders wonder why and the club count the loss.

Any incentive to increase attendance (on a larger scale) would need to be done prior to the sale of season tickets to ensure that those who invest in one year in year out are not penalised. It is difficult, because any reduction in entrance fees / special deals etc would have to impact on the season ticket prices - therefore creating a loss from the outset which could only be regained through a significantly larget gate.

Of course, larger crowds may lead to better atmosphere, that may lead to better performances that may lead to greater sales of season tickets in future seasons - but it's a gamble. The 'simple' suggestions that people come up with are almost always not that simple!

I believe the children are our future.....

I wouldn't say always will, otherwise we should all just give up now, I'd like to think in the future if the paramaters are changed we can get 5k saints fans for a winter evening game against accies.

I would like to share your optimism, but alas I cannot. I really can't see crowds being drawn to McDiarmid in any vast numbers above what we already have unless there is a massive change to the entire structure of the Scottish game and we have a more competitive Premier league in place. Even then pushing for Europe would be our best shot at anything and we are (realistically) a long way away from that in my opinion.

My good lady attended her first ever football match yesterday as our kids were ball-boy and ball-girl.

She now wants a season ticket and to go on tour next summer! :roll:

She enjoyed her day from arriving at the Muirtion Suite before 1pm until we finally left the ground at twenty to seven having stood for nearly two hours collecting autographs! :laugh:

I think she has a soft spot for Mr Scott -:shock:

FFS folks.. There is one ( and only one) way of increasing the attendance in the home areas of McD..It aint rocket science either.. The solution is....... a winning team..If the team are successful on the pitch, the crowds will increase... Now can we close this stupid fecking thread please....

FFS folks.. There is one ( and only one) way of increasing the attendance in the home areas of McD..It aint rocket science either.. The solution is....... a winning team..If the team are successful on the pitch, the crowds will increase... Now can we close this stupid fecking thread please....

DEFINE your definition of SUCCESS :D

I seem to remember we had bigger crowds previously, when in the top league, alot of fans got peeved at giving up the east stand to away fans when the club felt that they could make a bit on money out of them, fair point but it backfired on a couple of occasions.

1 being hearts at home midweek, they said they would bring 5 or 6 thousand and they brought 1500

Sitting in the main stand looking over at a empty east stand and away end annoyed alot of people.

Was around that time they seemed to die away.

What happened to the 6000 we got against morton when we won the league, seemed alot of families there, maybe opening the ormond stand with a family deal like we did when we moved up to McD may bring them back

I seem to remember we had bigger crowds previously, when in the top league, alot of fans got peeved at giving up the east stand to away fans when the club felt that they could make a bit on money out of them, fair point but it backfired on a couple of occasions.

1 being hearts at home midweek, they said they would bring 5 or 6 thousand and they brought 1500

Sitting in the main stand looking over at a empty east stand and away end annoyed alot of people.

Was around that time they seemed to die away.

What happened to the 6000 we got against morton when we won the league, seemed alot of families there, maybe opening the ormond stand with a family deal like we did when we moved up to McD may bring them back

agree with you on the family deal would get people back in