A Legendary 69 for £150

101 Saint

I'd love to be able to go to this, but I can't afford it at the moment. Quite disappointed it came round now and not after my birthday, but it's a brilliant idea from the club and excellent for the fans. Especially those who were at the match.

I wonder if we'll get our 1999 League cup runners up team at some point soon too. I know a lot of those players still hold close ties with the club, so hopefully it'll be looked into for another time too.

I'd love to be able to go to this, but I can't afford it at the moment. Quite disappointed it came round now and not after my birthday, but it's a brilliant idea from the club and excellent for the fans. Especially those who were at the match.

I wonder if we'll get our 1999 League cup runners up team at some point soon too. I know a lot of those players still hold close ties with the club, so hopefully it'll be looked into for another time too.

I would pay £150 to slap Sandy Clark round the chops with a wet sponge.

I had the same thought before reading your comment. That Era wouldnt mean much to me so the 1999 Side would be closer to my heart...........

Great idea from the club ,but as in the 125th anniv dinner ,why not concentrate instead of the team which lost a league cup final,or finals,why not choose the Saints squad or squads that qualified for europe? , in other words the two squads who achieved something ,rather than focus on two sides who were runners up, ........ discuss.

I had the same thought before reading your comment. That Era wouldnt mean much to me so the 1999 Side would be closer to my heart...........

I would expect it to happen if this event works. It's no secret that the club are always keen to increase revenue. With sponsorship down this year, these events could be a lifesaver. Sensible ideas for similar events could be posted in this thread too......

Great idea from the club ,but as in the 125th anniv dinner ,why not concentrate instead of the team which lost a league cup final,or finals,why not choose the Saints squad or squads that qualified for europe? , in other words the two squads who achieved something ,rather than focus on two sides who were runners up, ........ discuss.

The majority of the '69 cup finalists also took us to Europe a couple of years later!!!

I would expect it to happen if this event works. It's no secret that the club are always keen to increase revenue. With sponsorship down this year, these events could be a lifesaver. Sensible ideas for similar events could be posted in this thread too......

How about a 5-a-side tournament against ex-Saints players followed by prize giving / dinner etc

I reckon I could take those '69 boys!

From speaking to some of the 69 team at the 125 dinner they do plan an weekend together every October based around a Saints game so with the fixtures this months fixtures it was either going to be this game or the Celtic game at the end of the month which is after the cup final anniversary date.

I am sure there will be more weekends like this but there are still players from the last league cup team playing at various levels as we may witness today at Tannadice.

I would like to see the 82/83 team again. Bear was successfully in getting them together for the Drew Rutherford night in the 208 and we could also get the promotion team from 89/90 etc.

Would love to go to this but alack think £300 for two of us is not possible:cry:. This team is close to my heart as it was my very first cup final at the age of 11, still remember the excitement of setting of from Aberfeldy for the big day. Have my programme for the match & might bring it up next weekend in the hope that I can grab a few signatures.

Saints legends!:D