#38 - 05/04/11 - Saints 0-2 Rangers - SPL

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed but Liam at LB doesn't inspire me either. I'd rather play a youth player.

Glad there is better football on now.

I'd dock everyone's wages and get them in at 8 in the morning.

This is the worst I have seen Saints in ten years. At least when we were shite and getting humped and relegated we still scored. 13 hours nearly with a Saints player scoring in the league.

Rank.

Agreed but Liam at LB doesn't inspire me either. I'd rather play a youth player.

Glad there is better football on now.

I'd dock everyone's wages and get them in at 8 in the morning.

This is the worst I have seen Saints in ten years. At least when we were shite and getting humped and relegated we still scored. 13 hours nearly with a Saints player scoring in the league.

Rank.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Great try against the potential champions in a few weeks. Tad unlucky in parts and certain areas we need to improve. Could hear in Athens wee john shouting when peaso got booked after milli seconds on the park. Defence did get stretched at times though and that young dude Humphreys can do the same.

I have to agree with SS, we played really well but just could not score, we had the majority of possession and territory just couldn't find the net. If we play this well against Motherwell then we will be in the final... Intersting to hear Del on the radio saying that every team is having problems scoring on this pitch as it is so loose and nobody seems to be able to score

That was like watching pub football!!

The annoying thing is, Rangers were there for the taking and yet they didn't even need to get out of first gear to beat us. At least Saints teams of old could always be guaranteed to get stuck into the old firm at home but now we give them far too much respect.

Anybody who has watched Saints this season knows where our problems lie, it's just a pity the management team don't seem to see it.

Robertson brought nothing to the team and Invincible is starting to show his Kilmarnock form now.

Really think we should give the youngsters and fringe players a proper run in the team, in preparation for next season (to see if they are up to the job), as some of the first team regulars are contributing nothing.

If we don't beat Motherwell in the semi then the last few weeks of the season are going to be dire!!

Oh and please can we sign Bob Harris in the summer to replace Grainger.

Thought we were the better team & dominated for 20 mins until Grainger gave the ball away.

Dominated the second half until they scored again.

Two gifts against the worst Rangers team I have seen since just before Souness took over.

Peaso never touched the ball when he came on . Grainger had a mare & he has been poor since turn of the year.

We need a left back,striker & two decent wide men.

Invinceable disappears for too long,Midge had a bad game & Moon faded after Rangers scored.

Let me start by saying, I love my football team and would literally walk over broken glass if I thought it would help them. No matter how bad we are I will always feel like this....but tonight, I also feel abject disappointment.:sad::sad::sad:

The phrase "there for the taking" was never as apt as it was tonight. That's one of the worst Rangers teams I have seen in many a year and not only did we lose to them, we pretty much gifted the game to them. At times we looked clueless, lack pretty much any drive and constantly chose to pass (or try to pass) either sideways or backwards when there were forward options available. With the exception of 2 or 3 players, we showed a level of passion and desire far below what is acceptable and gave Rangers far to much respect yet again. Tactically we seem shot to shit and confidence wise, on the floor. I could go into individual performances but I am sure others will and already have so I am gonna pass for once.

I always like to look for some positves in games where we are beaten but tonight I find myself struggling. If we continue to perform like this, we can forget any cup final and frankly I cannae see us winning another game this season playing like that.

This still could be the GREATEST season in the entire history of St.Johnstone football club. The prize is there. Whether we can rise to the occasion is very debatable. From the manager downwards, some hard talking needs to be done, some home truths have to be faced and spirits have to be raise both on the field and off it too. The time for tippy tappy slack football is over. Now we need players and management to stand up and be counted, to show they are up for the fight and BELIVE they can achieve something historic.

I am sure I will feel better tomorrow but for now, I feel as down as I have about Saints for a very long time.

Come on guys, we are with you. Sort this out, man up and do yourselves, the club, and the fans PROUD..

COYS.

I have to agree with SS, we played really well but just could not score, we had the majority of possession and territory just couldn't find the net. If we play this well against Motherwell then we will be in the final... Intersting to hear Del on the radio saying that every team is having problems scoring on this pitch as it is so loose and nobody seems to be able to score

You must surely have been drinking Kevin. I am sorry and I don't want to fall out with you or diss your opinion but If we play like that against Motherwell we will get torn apart my friend:sad:

am so annoyed sitting here rangers there for the taking but we let ourselves down its realy hard to get excited when you see peaso and novi whatever his name is coming off the bench to try and change the game we are really poor going forward this year so slow its unreal and when the opposition have the ball in there last third and were on our 18 yard box.

mcinnes has to take some of the blame so much focus on the defence this year he`s forgot about our terrible strikers

Hard to know whether some folk are taking the piss or pissed.

Think tonight was a bit like saturday where you could not fault the players for their workrate or play, thought we took the game to Rangers in the first half especially and you know you are taking the game to them when with 20 minutes to go Rangers decide to take off a striker and go 5 in midfield.

Poor mistake from Danny and the lad knew it, unlike our strikers when defenders make a a mistake and it costs us.

The 1st 20 mins were great and at that point I though it was just a matter of time before Saints got a goal. Rangers were poor tonight and IMO didn't seem to get out of 1st gear. This was lucky for us as silly mistakes were being made and some 1st touches were terrible. Saints were lucky that Rangers did not capitalise on them.

As for the dwarf in black he was atrocious. He seemed to struggle to keep up with play, handed out stupid yellow cards and didn't seem to be able to see what was going on. Perhaps there should be a height requirment for referees. When did make a call he got it wrong against both teams.

Out of the OF Celtic are the better team at the moment which leaves me with a touch of dread for next Tuesday.

Questionable lyrics behind the goals aside, it was great get an atmosphere from both sets of fans for a change.

Kevin I was watching the same game as you. could not have been the same as some of the over reastions on here.

You must surely have been drinking Kevin. I am sorry and I don't want to fall out with you or diss your opinion but If we play like that against Motherwell we will get torn apart my friend:sad:

Not going to fall out with me Ghostie, or should I say wraith now :D but the reason Rangers looked so bad was that we actually took it to them, we just didn't have anyone who looked like scoring. Mooner had a good game, despite what Jimbo says, but was tiring in the second half. Robertson was in their faces all the time but looked like he needed a rest later in the game and Danny I was constantly attacking them on both flanks as well.

Just watching it on the V+ and it looks good, the only downside is the lack of Saints fans and the state of the pitch :shock:

That was like watching pub football!!

The annoying thing is, Rangers were there for the taking and yet they didn't even need to get out of first gear to beat us. At least Saints teams of old could always be guaranteed to get stuck into the old firm at home but now we give them far too much respect.

Anybody who has watched Saints this season knows where our problems lie, it's just a pity the management team don't seem to see it.

Robertson brought nothing to the team and Invincible is starting to show his Kilmarnock form now.

Really think we should give the youngsters and fringe players a proper run in the team, in preparation for next season (to see if they are up to the job), as some of the first team regulars are contributing nothing.

If we don't beat Motherwell in the semi then the last few weeks of the season are going to be dire!!

Oh and please can we sign Bob Harris in the summer to replace Grainger.

A lot of Saints teams of old were not allowed the luxury of playing Rangers as we have been in different leagues for a lot of the time. We now compete in the top league and showed tonight we deserve to.

Your moaning is first class f#cking w@nk !

Not going to fall out with me Ghostie, or should I say wraith now :D but the reason Rangers looked so bad was that we actually took it to them, we just didn't have anyone who looked like scoring. Mooner had a good game, despite what Jimbo says, but was tiring in the second half. Robertson was in their faces all the time but looked like he needed a rest later in the game and Danny I was constantly attacking them on both flanks as well.

Just watching it on the V+ and it looks good, the only downside is the lack of Saints fans and the state of the pitch :shock:

Yeah, deflect with a dig at the lack of fans.. Good move Kev.. Loving your work..

We will just ahve to agree to disagree...

The current Rangers team is one of the poorest in living memory. They didn't even have to try to beat us. I can see why some people think it's decent enough from Saints. I don't think there's anything terribly bad about how we're playing at the moment but there's nothing terribly good about it either. We have just completely flatlined this season. There is no way that it is acceptable that one of our own players has not scored a goal in over twelve hours of football.