#38 - 05/04/11 - Saints 0-2 Rangers - SPL

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoyed the game tonight.

Thought we competed well against a poor Glasgow Rangers side, or did we make them look poor?

That'll be three of us then. Decent performance by the boys, stupid mistake by Grainger but by far the better of the two sides. Still think when we get one goal another couple will follow soon after.

What do people want, only a few points behind last seasons total, still possibly finish higher than last year and a semi final to look forward to!!! :shock: Anybody for another seven seasons in the First or how about a wee freefall to the bottom of the pile of Scottish football? Get a grip, admittedly this season has been worse than last and not as enjoyable but come on get a grip, we could be Hamilton fans

Like many other the sense of disappointment still rankles. Rangers never really had to up their game to win the game.

I felt we competed well through-out, however, again we never really looked like scoring. I thought Robertson did quite well up front but any ball he managed to hold up was wasted due to the lack of support. Not sure Invincible up front is an answer in any shape or form. I'd have taken him off at half-time and had the pace of May against Weir.

Not a lot more you can say about Grainger. Stupid mistake and a very poor performance. May be he needs some sort of competition to bring him back to his best.

Davidson looked pretty decent and Mackay did well at the back.

Naismith is the only player that looked decent in that Rangers side.

Due to family reasons was unable to see the game at all, but surely the fact that the Rangers GOALKEEPER got the sponsors MOM must surely mean Saints were not as bad as the moaners are making out

There were no sponsors TS, it was the TV pundits MOM and yes, you are quite right

Due to family reasons was unable to see the game at all, but surely the fact that the Rangers GOALKEEPER got the sponsors MOM must surely mean Saints were not as bad as the moaners are making out

He produced a really good save to deny Murray Davidson.

The rest of the players on the pitch were dire. It's just an example of the sponsors having to choose a MOM.

He made two good saves so in a simplistic way he is man of the match as without those saves two saves its a draw. Good as they were I wouldn't have classed them as superb. Would be disappointed if Encks didn't make them.

Can I ask those who thought we were good exactly what we were good at? Thats a genuine question not a moan. I thought we tried hard and spoiled them a lot but there was very little good football shown on tv. Yes we were better than Rangers and deserved a draw at least but I would never class us good on what I saw.

Like many other the sense of disappointment still rankles. Rangers never really had to up their game to win the game.

I felt we competed well through-out, however, again we never really looked like scoring. I thought Robertson did quite well up front but any ball he managed to hold up was wasted due to the lack of support. Not sure Invincible up front is an answer in any shape or form. I'd have taken him off at half-time and had the pace of May against Weir.

Not a lot more you can say about Grainger. Stupid mistake and a very poor performance. May be he needs some sort of competition to bring him back to his best.

Davidson looked pretty decent and Mackay did well at the back.

Naismith is the only player that looked decent in that Rangers side.

Spot on.

They were lucky. I thought we were superior in all departments for much of the game.

Proud to be a Saintee.

Superior? Never once were we that. No drive, no pace, no imagination and little chance of scoring even one goal. It's awful to watch this team right now. Fans are staying away in big numbers and who can blame them. Season ticket holders aren't even making an effort to go to some games. Blame the kick off time of you want, but if that team were playing well, people would find the time to get there.

Thought wee Novi looked the part. Ripped his marker nearly every time. Worth a start on sat.

Don't you think he's a bit light-weight? The little we've seen of him shows he has a football brain but I feel the physicality isn't there.

Can I ask those who thought we were good exactly what we were good at? Thats a genuine question not a moan. Yes we were better than Rangers and deserved a draw at least

I reckon you've answered your own question John. Better than Rangers and deserved at least a draw is surely reason enough to think that your team played well, no?

Superior? Never once were we that. No drive, no pace, no imagination and little chance of scoring even one goal. It's awful to watch this team right now. Fans are staying away in big numbers and who can blame them. Season ticket holders aren't even making an effort to go to some games. Blame the kick off time of you want, but if that team were playing well, people would find the time to get there.

Jesus, Muzz! Did your Good Lady nick the jam out of your do-nut tonight or what?:wink: You'll have us all on a downer if you continue posting tonight...:laugh::wink:

Jesus, Muzz! Did your Good Lady nick the jam out of your do-nut tonight or what?:wink: You'll have us all on a downer if you continue posting tonight...:laugh::wink:

I'm happy Beve. She bought me a chinese for my tea! Just telling it like it is. Don't confuse that for depression ;)