Youth chat 2011/2012

Tranmere Saintee

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be very happy to see the back of Clelland....

Can't understand the logic in this one. Alex has taken 2 different groups of youths and turned them into fairly good sides, whilst also working with the first team.

Under 19 coach is IMO probably the hardest coaching position at the club with a load of boys that have just been given their first pro contracts, many of whom think they are superstars already and he has to manage that and turn them into better players.

Can't understand the logic in this one. Alex has taken 2 different groups of youths and turned them into fairly good sides, whilst also working with the first team.

Under 19 coach is IMO probably the hardest coaching position at the club with a load of boys that have just been given their first pro contracts, many of whom think they are superstars already and he has to manage that and turn them into better players.

not just the boys but the parents olso:shock:

Keatings was the under 19 league top goal scorer last season with 25 goals, better than Reynolds, definitely.

I watched Stevie Reynold and Stevie May 17s and 19s.

What a fantastic pairing at 17s when Saints romped the league losing 1 game all season.

Then at 19s, they were on the bench for the 1st team most weeks and didnt get any game time.

Reynolds has suffered as a result instead of being properly nurtured, he looks like being lost to the game

Stevie May on the other hand is thriving and I am thrilled for the lad.

However, the structure of Scottish football is all wrong.

Players are released after 19s because there is no buffer between 19s and 1st team and for some ( Reynolds)physically the gap is too big.

There has to be an U21 league with perhaps 3 overage players allowed.

This give time to late physical developers to fill out and then be judged.

I have seen lots of the Celtic loan striker from a very young age as he has crossed swords with my lad several times, and IMO Steve Reynolds is every bit as good if not better. Gutted for him

And for those who say that this guy was the top scorer in the SPL 19s with 25 goals, he is playing with better players, with better service, and training full time with better training facilities.

Our 19s full timers, go in and do loads of jobs, from cleaning windows, to corridors, washing the strips ( no kit man its the boys who pack), wash the dressing rooms, and then OH YES THEN, they may get some coaching for a couple of hours.

So really, roles being reversed, the Reynolds fella is very very unlucky, and if you read this Stevie, all the very best

I watched Stevie Reynold and Stevie May 17s and 19s.

What a fantastic pairing at 17s when Saints romped the league losing 1 game all season.

Then at 19s, they were on the bench for the 1st team most weeks and didnt get any game time.

Reynolds has suffered as a result instead of being properly nurtured, he looks like being lost to the game

Stevie May on the other hand is thriving and I am thrilled for the lad.

However, the structure of Scottish football is all wrong.

Players are released after 19s because there is no buffer between 19s and 1st team and for some ( Reynolds)physically the gap is too big.

There has to be an U21 league with perhaps 3 overage players allowed.

This give time to late physical developers to fill out and then be judged.

I have seen lots of the Celtic loan striker from a very young age as he has crossed swords with my lad several times, and IMO Steve Reynolds is every bit as good if not better. Gutted for him

And for those who say that this guy was the top scorer in the SPL 19s with 25 goals, he is playing with better players, with better service, and training full time with better training facilities.

Our 19s full timers, go in and do loads of jobs, from cleaning windows, to corridors, washing the strips ( no kit man its the boys who pack), wash the dressing rooms, and then OH YES THEN, they may get some coaching for a couple of hours.

So really, roles being reversed, the Reynolds fella is very very unlucky, and if you read this Stevie, all the very best

Absolutely spot on mate!!

• 2 weeks later...
Couldnt find the youth thread so i wanted to say well done to the under 19s who beat the league leaders hearts 3-1 today, Hearts youths have only lost three times this season, two of those occasions were against saints!

Brilliant reult saw them against killie last week and they were on top for most of the match but ended up losing 4-1. Glad to see they got a good result today.