MoM Awards - Rnd 5 - Livingston

MoM vs Livingston  

77 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Dave McKay strolled through the game at RB & CH. Thought we missed his overlapping in second half.

Adams close second but some of his tackles are a millisecond away from bookings.

Ando did well & Cilla had probably his best game for Saints. He & Sandaza could be some partnership given time.

Cant think of anyone who didn't play well tonight. Haber didn't do much, but never really had time. Sandaza gets it from me. Mackay, Ando, Adams, and Morris were probably the best tonight. Gibson looked decent enough considering he only signed today. Enckelman did whatever he needed to do, and Sandaza looks like a really great signing. Very happy tonight.

keep sandaza fit he will score... keep sandaza fit he will score... would still be at united if he wasnt a sicknote (actually he wouldnt be as we would have sold him to someone bigger for a fair bit of dosh. Fully expect him, happy feet and mckracken to score against us on saturday... 4-3 united full time score....

keep sandaza fit he will score... keep sandaza fit he will score... would still be at united if he wasnt a sicknote (actually he wouldnt be as we would have sold him to someone bigger for a fair bit of dosh. Fully expect him, happy feet and mckracken to score against us on saturday... 4-3 united full time score....

Are you on glue

I'm assuming the 4 votes for Jamie Adams were accidents which should have been placed in Sandaza's name - I know mine was - oops!

Sandaza by a mile.

Nope - I voted Adams because he gave all for 90 minutes plus ---everyone that went for Sandaza were blinded by his 2 goals -he faded away in a drab second half

Nope - I voted Adams because he gave all for 90 minutes plus ---everyone that went for Sandaza were blinded by his 2 goals -he faded away in a drab second half

Because giving your all with very little quality for 90 minutes is better than giving your all for 90 minutes and hitting two wonderful strikes and laying a couple on a plate for your teammates?

I suppose you thougth Savo was a great player and have a soft spot for Carl Finnegan too?

Games all about opinions I suppose. Agree Sandaza was gubbed after an hour but he still was chasing back and creating chances for his teammates (and got a couple of shots on target) whilst knackered.

Because giving your all with very little quality for 90 minutes is better than giving your all for 90 minutes and hitting two wonderful strikes and laying a couple on a plate for your teammates?

I suppose you thougth Savo was a great player and have a soft spot for Carl Finnegan too?

Games all about opinions I suppose. Agree Sandaza was gubbed after an hour but he still was chasing back and creating chances for his teammates (and got a couple of shots on target) whilst knackered.

I do indeed think Finnegan is a very good striker and when given the chance will prove so.

:shock:

Controversial...

I felt Jamie was the midfield player who was putting the fear of god into the Livingston players, chasing them down, winning the ball, bullying them and generally "physically overpowering" them (the aspect that our own dear leader admitted he was most satisfied with last night), thereby creating the space and time for the more creative players to do their thing.

Sorry you didn't see it that way... :wink:

Off topic in terms of this thread but I'll bite anyway - the abuse Savo gets on this forum is unbelievable at times. Sure things did really happen for him in the SPL and his time at Saints faded away with a bit of a whimper but he was an absolutely integral part of the league winning team and also played his part in a number of other memorable victories - scoring twice at Ibrox and in 3-0 home demolition of Dundee United prominent amongst them.

:shock:

Controversial...

I felt Jamie was the midfield player who was putting the fear of god into the Livingston players, chasing them down, winning the ball, bullying them and generally "physically overpowering" them (the aspect that our own dear leader admitted he was most satisfied with last night), thereby creating the space and time for the more creative players to do their thing.

Sorry you didn't see it that way... :wink:

I can see your point. He certainly did alot of what you described. However I felt some of his tackles were badly mistimed and on several occasions he wasn't careful about where he was tackling the ball to i.e. knocking it onto another Livi player in a more dangerous position. I also doubt he contributed more than 5 passes in the whole game.

Now I'm not saying he should be making 100 passes a game and being the creative force in the midfield but if you are going to win the ball you need to be able to retain it. He certainly scared the Livi midfield but I feel at this level you should be able to contribute to the general play as well. This is something Murray Davidson has been improving on greatly in the last year or so and why he is in front of him in the team selection.

I like Adams and I want to see him get more game time (as that's where he will improve his overall play) but he was a mile off getting a MOM last night and I think some saints fans get sucked in a little by players who play with so much heart and effort and fail to see the real contribution they make.