Del linked with ... Bristol City

williamwonka

Not wishing to rip you too much Joey:laugh:, what normally happens is, you take the job ( with the wifes blessing of course:D) and get on with it. Then over the following weeks you sort out things like school, houses etc. Once you have sorted that, you move the family down. Meantime you check into a plush hotel and resist the temptation to ruin everything by pumping the waitresses..

Brilliant Ghostie - the post of the week!!!!

Not wishing to rip you too much Joey:laugh:, what normally happens is, you take the job ( with the wifes blessing of course:D) and get on with it. Then over the following weeks you sort out things like school, houses etc. Once you have sorted that, you move the family down. Meantime you check into a plush hotel and resist the temptation to ruin everything by pumping the waitresses..

in your experience.

Evening all,yet another City fan invading your forum. I've seen there's been talk of our new stadium during this thread. I thought you might like to see our owners vision for the future,sorry if my fellow reds have already posted it but I couldn't see it. Anyway if Del comes and stays this is what he could be taking us to.

Evening all,yet another City fan invading your forum. I've seen there's been talk of our new stadium during this thread. I thought you might like to see our owners vision for the future,sorry if my fellow reds have already posted it but I couldn't see it. Anyway if Del comes and stays this is what he could be taking us to.

Cracking design, proper football ground unlike Emirates, COM stadium etc. How far away are these plans? If you're short of a stand, we might have a spare one for a reasonable price.

Del could stay in paisley and commute Easy jet up and down Glasgow/Edinburg bristol.

Did it the day no problem for doubling my wages i would do it probably would be a shorter journey than driving to perth and back.

Never seen Del at the airport either or no press.

By the way Brizzle the weather was alright down there.

I think I posted the stadium link earlier in the thread. Sorry if I didn't.

The stadium has full planning permission as has the existing Ashton Gate site for Sainsbury's to build a supermarket. Our wonderful owner is coughing up the money to build it (£92M) so it doesn't saddle us with a huge debt. The stadium is designed by the same people who designed both the Emirates and stadium MK.

A group of local residents used the old chestnut of village green application for the site (owned by our owner) and it was recommended for approval even though it's a reclaimed land fill site. Luckily Bristol city council split the application giving the locals a 23 acre village green and allowing us the room to build.

The Nimby's have now applied for a Judicial review which should be heard any day now. Once this hurdle is cleared, we start. Simple as that although it has taken 5 years to get to this stage.

21000 of the stadiums 31000 seats are actually beneath ground level and the stadium can be expanded to 45000 by the addition of an upper tier on either end should we ever need it. This was one of the chosen World cup venues in England's failed World cup bid.

Our current home has an all seated capacity of 21500 but due to it's age, segregation takes us down to a maximium of 19500. We do love the old girl but the vast majority appreciate change is needed now. The club actually listened to the fans (where they could) with relation to the new stadium (we call it Ashton Vale) which is pretty refreshing IMHO.

Think that's about it TBH.

To center half, today was by far the worst weather we have had down here for months! BRRRRRRRR.

Edited by wurzel country

is that going to be on your current site ????

All the planning permission have been granted CK,finances are in place through the agreed sale of our present ground to Sainsburys who have planning permission to build a new store there and SL(owner) cashing in something like £40/50million worth of shares in his company. Only stumbling bloke is someone has asked a judge for judicial review of the councils decision not to grant Village Green status to the whole of the new site,it was previously a landfill site,half of the site has been granted VG which SL offered in the first place. So if the judge kicks the application out we can start straight away,probably a month or two,if not then it could drag on for years. Personally I think we'll get the go ahead as just the stadium project will be worth something like £90million to the local economy never mind the Sainsbury project plus the change of use of their old site as well.

Sorry for the long winded answer.Sorry Wurzel didn't mean to do another answer,you're a lot quicker on the keyboard than this old fart with his two finger approach:laugh:

No Teamwork it's short walk away from our current home.

Edited by Ziderhead

It certainly isn't an easy decision for him, which is why I've been very surprised (well I haven't really) by the resigned attitude by many on here that he was most definitely going to leave.

He may still go, in fact I'd have it at 60-40 that he will leave, but until things are confirmed we can only speculate.

Not me mate!!!

92 million to allegedly pump into a new stadium - but go for a novice manager who may or may not take you up the league --would have thought anyone willing to spend 92 million (allegedly) would concentrate on a decent team capable of climbing the league and a known manager to do the job. Is that being Ambitious ??

Is there a student gate at Bristol C ?

He seems to be the King of the rumours. Coming out every day with some "new" information from one of his many affiliated sources and "contacts".

I see, i'm afraid i know nothing about him, name doesn't ring a bell.

The only fact i know is that Del was shown around the facilities at BCFC today after he went first for his interview before Mark Robins.

Apart from that i'm like the rest of city fans, im the unknown for another day or two :sad:

I see, i'm afraid i know nothing about him, name doesn't ring a bell.

The only fact i know is that Del was shown around the facilities at BCFC today after he went first for his interview before Mark Robins.

Apart from that i'm like the rest of city fans, im the unknown for another day or two :sad:

All will be revealed one way or another soon enough.

It's all a little uncertain but it's certainly interesting!