new manager

bankfoot saint

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was worried about potential similarities with that bugger in Glasgow but having watched those videos, I'm pleased to see he's a much more approachable looking character.

On the subject of community ambassadors...

Just watched a piece on SSN showing RAFA VAN DER VAART going round schools!! Can you imagine the impression someone like that would have on primary school kids. The piece said all the kids were now Spurs fans.

If he can do it, why can't our big names?

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3911468/Ill-never-forget-the-day-I-was-HAMMERED-by-Lomas.html

Rather excellent piece by John Hartson on our manager-to-be.

Sounds like a Roy Keane type. Hopefully he can garner the same kind of respect with the team as he seems to have from his past team mates.

It's absurd how pleased I am with this appointment, on paper it's a perfect fit for us IMO.

Having read that article, I have to agree. Definitely an exciting appointment. Looks like GB has pulled another one out of the hat. Really impressed with his credentials. If anyone can keep the club punching above their weight , he sounds like the man.

If he can do it, why can't our big names?

Because our big names are Morris, Sandaza and Sheridan, who no local school kids would understand!

No, i agree completely. I think it would be a great thing to start doing. I really liked the idea of the post earlier re. Portsmouth, where first team players played a five-a-side match and the kids watched them all doing their best tricks. That kind of thing would have an amazing impression on kids, and the players would surely have a laugh doing it.

I remember when I was a wee lad and was just getting into football George O'Boyle and Gerry McMahon came to my school, they just said "hi" and signed a few autographs but it made such an impact...that and the free tickets to a game. It helped make a Saints fan out of me and I think it is something we need to bring back so good on the board and Geoff.

Agree with the people on here he comes across well in the media and I think will hopefully get a good reception from the players.

Van Der Vaart was having a kick around in the playground with the kids. It doesn't take much to influence kids of that age. They probably all went home and asked their parents to take them to White Hart Lane afterwards!

The excitement and awe was plain for all to see

Used to be the same at arsenal. Send graham rix out to the schools.