new manager

bankfoot saint

Really impressed with what has come out from the board today and it maybe goes some way to explaining the delay. We'd all speculated about different criteria on here but I don't think anyone identified this as something the manager could/should be doing. I think it's a really good move though as we need the club to start relating to the people of Perth and the surrounding area again. Evidence it can work (albeit the stadium move helped) can be seen in the impact Alex Totten had on the town, city or whatever you want to call us.

Reservations about the ability of the new manager when it comes to the football side of things is fair and clearly that does have to remain the number one priority but having a guy that is going to have a presence in Perthshire can only help.

Well played the board.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really impressed with what has come out from the board today and it maybe goes some way to explaining the delay. We'd all speculated about different criteria on here but I don't think anyone identified this as something the manager could/should be doing. I think it's a really good move though as we need the club to start relating to the people of Perth and the surrounding area again. Evidence it can work (albeit the stadium move helped) can be seen in the impact Alex Totten had on the town, city or whatever you want to call us.

Reservations about the ability of the new manager when it comes to the football side of things is fair and clearly that does have to remain the number one priority but having a guy that is going to have a presence in Perthshire can only help.

Well played the board.

Radders, for a small town, supposed family and community club like Saints, the Totten approach should never have stopped!

Radders, for a small town, supposed family and community club like Saints, the Totten approach should never have stopped!

Maybe the club were guilty of resting on their laurels after Totten (not simply in terms of PR but in building a good team and obviously aided by the stadium move) helped increase the average attendance by what must've been three or four thousand.

Thankfully they are recognising the need to do something now though. O'Rourke is obviously right about McInnes and Coyle but whilst I don't think the long-term future of the club is in particularly threat by us playing in front of less than 3,000 fans (at five of our last six home matches) , it will make it increasingly hard for us to compete in the SPL, when clubs like Killie, Dunfermline and St Mirren are averaging 5,000 fans.

As said, I think the board are doing the right thing here but only time will tell on the playing front.

Maybe the club were guilty of resting on their laurels after Totten (not simply in terms of PR but in building a good team and obviously aided by the stadium move) helped increase the average attendance by what must've been three or four thousand.

Thankfully they are recognising the need to do something now though. O'Rourke is obviously right about McInnes and Coyle but whilst I don't think the long-term future of the club is in particularly threat by us playing in front of less than 3,000 fans (at five of our last six home matches) , it will make it increasingly hard for us to compete in the SPL, when clubs like Killie, Dunfermline and St Mirren are averaging 5,000 fans.

As said, I think the board are doing the right thing here but only time will tell on the playing front.

Too little, too late or better late than never? Time will tell.

Well played the board.

Couldn't agree more. Linking the post to a community role is 100% correct. I trust them to get the right guy. Whoever is appointed will have my full support. I'm excited by the Lomas possibility (because if his potential contacts) though he'll need someone close with Scottish League knowledge (Clelland?). That sad, the likes if Sheerin, Weir (D!) and Dasovic also excite me. But if Geoff pulls out someone else - I will trust his judgement.

COYS

Jim

Ned Hunter. A sadist, bully and snob of the worst sort. After I left, I was back from Aberdeen the following year to see my auld maw and went swimmin. Lookin out from the cafe, Ned was taking a class in the "big pool" so I sneaked up from the changin rooms and pushed the fecker in. :)

Played Rugby for the first four years. Was allowed to take football in my fifth year but we weren't allowed to play on the hallowed Viewlands Turf and were bused down to Goodlyburn to play. :shock: Ridiculous.