new manager

bankfoot saint

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No that is not me.

I was later in yesterday and at that point we had split into 3 areas. defenders, strikers, midfielders working with the ball. In what way was it not organised?

MS no way has anybody got any thing against Atholl. He is not employed by St Johnstone as such he is employed by the SFA as community coach and is very good at what he does coach kids, run the saturday morning coaching, and coach youth football coaches, etc, he does as you say help out with saints and his help will be appreciated as is Tommy Campbell,Jock Peebles, Alan Shepard, Davie black etc, etc, all i think as a labour of love .

Warm up. St mirren were out and doing the usual warm up a couple of coaches doing it with them all looked organised and proffesional.

Saints were at that point just kicking the ball about, chatting among themselves a bit probably like the wap all stars today:) then they started with jody in front doing some running etc, then back to chatting kick the ball about, Cleland then comes out and as you say gets it kind of going.

MS the players should be able to the warm up in their sleep but it just seemed yesterday they needed leadership IMOP

Warm up. St mirren were out and doing the usual warm up a couple of coaches doing it with them all looked organised and proffesional.

Saints were at that point just kicking the ball about, chatting among themselves a bit probably like the wap all stars today:) then they started with jody in front doing some running etc, then back to chatting kick the ball about, Cleland then comes out and as you say gets it kind of going.

MS the players should be able to the warm up in their sleep but it just seemed yesterday they needed leadership IMOP

As I said I didn;t arrive until nearer the end yesterday,If that is what happened then that is not great and as you say a pro player should not need a coach to get them going for a warm up.

I know this is off-thread but you've provoked deep-seated resentments in me. The way Perth Academy treated Atholl Henderson was a disgrace to Education. I remember on one ocassion he was selected to play for Scotland and the 'rugby-playing' school would not allow him to leave at dinner time to be in good time for an evening game. He had to leave at 3.30 in a car. It was mean spirited and the person who was most to blame was a tedious snob of a gym teacher called Ned Hunter who some academy former pupils still revere in bouts of fake nostaligia. But in truth he was a ghastly prick of a man who hated football a sport he should have been teaching. Rant over.

I fcukin detested that vile man!!He was my form teacher and Gym teacher!!Many a horror story!!

I was one of the unfortunate soul's to forget my P.E kit one day!!Young un's will believe it but made to do P.E(Hockey) in bare feet and underpants in November!!

Quite right too, how the **** do you forget Pe kit, French,english, maths books mabey, but PE was the only thing worth going to school for:)

once volinteered to stay back and do extra PE (football training):)

sorry larky

If lomas gets the job I'll be behind him but this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Lomas doesn't exactly leap out as a big target or detail experience?

Not the most immediately inspiring.

Remember when Sturrock was appointed he was paired with John Blackley, an older, more experienced manager to help him. With Lomas being in the same position but with the added problem with being new to Scottish football, I wonder if Geoff will try and get him to go with an Blackley.

The problem is, where do you find someone Lomas may well know from West Ham, has played for Saints and is an experienced Scottish League manager who would perhaps welcome the opportunity to work as an assistant manager in the SPL...

Remember when Sturrock was appointed he was paired with John Blackley, an older, more experienced manager to help him. With Lomas being in the same position but with the added problem with being new to Scottish football, I wonder if Geoff will try and get him to go with an Blackley.

The problem is, where do you find someone Lomas may well know from West Ham, has played for Saints and is an experienced Scottish League manager who would perhaps welcome the opportunity to work as an assistant manager in the SPL...

Ehh, wait a moment yes Raymond Stewart fits the bill:)

Oh Hell!!!-Ray Stewart!!!

Relax, Unless he was a superstar at a young age he probably has never played or knows or Ray Stewart, he was only 5 when Stewart signed for West Ham. :)

He may well have been at Man City with Allan Kernoghan though.

Relax, Unless he was a superstar at a young age he probably has never played or knows or Ray Stewart, he was only 5 when Stewart signed for West Ham. :)

He may well have been at Man City with Allan Kernoghan though.

The older head you see! I may be wrong but I'm sure I heard Raymondo say on Talksport that he is a fairly regular attendee at West Ham and has been ever since he left. I think he may do pr stuff as one of their 'legends'.

Lomas and Kernaghan would indeed have been at City together. Interesting....and of course Kerny's a kiddy on Irishman which Stewart can't claim!