From Bristol City

Superjack

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry another Bristol City fan, just wanted to say Del holds you in high respect from what was said and from the way you conducted your selfs on our forum so do us City fans

Your results will always be the first ones I look for in Scotland & if you dont mind will now class myself as a Saints fan if any of you get down to Brizz wear your shirts with pride when you come to AG sure you will receive a good reception

Been to Bristol a few times (late '80s) normally on there for 2-3 hrs as was changing trains to/from Cardiff. Only pubs I can remember were the IK Brunnell across from Temple Meads station and another by the name "hole in the wall". Are they still there?

Been to Bristol a few times (late '80s) normally on there for 2-3 hrs as was changing trains to/from Cardiff. Only pubs I can remember were the IK Brunnell across from Temple Meads station and another by the name "hole in the wall". Are they still there?

The IK Brunel is now called the reckless engineer and the hole in the wall is still there but mainly a food place nowadays.

Since the 80's, the area around Temple Meads has been seriously redeveloped (poncey office blocks, Wetherspoons etc). You wouldn't recognise it all if you haven't been down here since then WTGR. Central Bristol has seen a hell of alot of work since then. It's quite a pleasant place to be TBH although shed loads of apartments (flats in my world) have replaced what little industry was there (plus they cost an absolute fortune!!).

As I live right on the edge of the city (7 miles out), I rarely get into central Bristol for a night out as even a taxi ride home costs £25.

Best of luck for tomorrow BTW, I will be keeping an eye out for your result in your derby match.

Went to a BCFC game about 90 91.It was a home game v. the Albion a 0-0 draw,We were in the stand behind the goal where the away fans have half of now,although the away fans that day were in a section of the main stand off to the right and If I mind right the stadium was just starting to get work done to it.

We had actually came down for the Swansea Cardiff(4 young well dressed guys wandering about Swansea at ten in the morning what were we thinking) game but could nt get tickets then travelled along to your game.After driving about Bristol for abit after the match looking for accommodation(which we could nt find anywhere) we left and went to Swindon and had a cracking night out in a bar/club called route 66.CYS.

When I was a younger man, I went to sea for a few years. I met many fine guys from Bristol. My only problem with them was that they took an awful long time to tell me they were Bristoooooooooooooooolian. Salt of the earth, though.

Question; Bristol. Bristol City. Bristol Cities. Bristols. Does that mean that our Derek is going to a diddy team? 'Hope not.

Awrabest, BFC. I will add you to my supported team list. You've got the best manager Perth could offer. Given past history, that should be more than enough.

Smudge

Went to a BCFC game about 90 91.It was a home game v. the Albion a 0-0 draw,We were in the stand behind the goal where the away fans have half of now,although the away fans that day were in a section of the main stand off to the right and If I mind right the stadium was just starting to get work done to it.

We had actually came down for the Swansea Cardiff(4 young well dressed guys wandering about Swansea at ten in the morning what were we thinking) game but could nt get tickets then travelled along to your game.After driving about Bristol for abit after the match looking for accommodation(which we could nt find anywhere) we left and went to Swindon and had a cracking night out in a bar/club called route 66.CYS.

Crikey, that's the open park end you're chatting about, it's long gone. Replaced by the Atyeo stand in 1994. Ashton Gate is now an all seater and both side stands would have had terracing at the front of them in those days, unfortunately, replaced by swathes of red seats.

Although our ground is tidy enough and propbably big enough it has to go. I don't know how you guys felt when you moved but I will be sobbing like a tart when Ashton Gate is levelled even though our new place is superb! :cry:

I miss terracing.

don't we all

I get my 'fix' with a couple of trips a year to this wonderful place!

Yellow-Wall-300x225.jpg

Love it!!

As an aside, Del is certainly making efforts to gel with our support. I gather he turned up at a Senior reds meeting at Ashton Gate yesterday, totally unnannounced and watched City's U14 academy side this morning by all accounts. I would imagine his attendance swelled the crowd somewhat. He also had a club generated e-mail sent to every supporter on the club's database with his message to the masses.

First impressions of both him and Doc are very, very positive!

Edited by wurzel country

I remember as a boy being a big of (John and Phil?) Atyeo brothers. They seemed to be, at the time, goal-scoring machines. I hadn't remembered who they played for. I'm assuming that the stand is named in their honour.

Smudge

Stand named after john Atyeo your right was agoal scoring machine

Dont know if you Bristol guys have played Blackpool away yet, if not i have a nice wee 12 bedroom hotel close to Bloomfield road i would certainly welcome you there. PM me if interested

ach me and the kids were at blackpool last week and looking for decent digs -- o well