Sandaza

robinsaint

I don't know why everyone is putting the onus on the chairman, the agent, the media ect ect. Fran made it clear he wants to play for the old firm or in the Premiership. The main factor in all of this is that Fran doesn't want to be here and I expect Del promised him a move as soon as he proved his talents. It was never going to be a long term thing.

The thing that makes Fran a fantastic player is that he seriously believes in himself and oozes swagger and confidence. He will do anything to get to where he wants to be.

Fran wants to go back to Spain. If he got offered funny money by one of the old firm, or a team down south, I'm sure he'd take it, but his means to an end is going home to Spain.

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sandaza won't leave for any less than £100,000 in January.

He won't leave in January. We have offered him a new contract which his agent says that is not what he is looking for as he wants to move to a bigger club which is understandable.

I bet he will end up signing a pre-contract agreement with a Championship club and we will get feck all for resurrecting his career.

Sandaza won't leave for any less than £100,000 in January.

He won't leave in January. We have offered him a new contract which his agent says that is not what he is looking for as he wants to move to a bigger club which is understandable.

I bet he will end up signing a pre-contract agreement with a Championship club and we will get feck all for resurrecting his career.

Two ways to look at it Mikey he has resurrected our season, before he came (on against DUNF) we were looking pretty poor he came on against DUNF and the whole game changed if he had scored from the penalty we would have gone on and won that day i am sure of that. I would even go as far saying he mabey got DEL the move because that day there was a lot of bickering at the manager in the stands so as i say it works both ways

Two ways to look at it Mikey he has resurrected our season, before he came (on against DUNF) we were looking pretty poor he came on against DUNF and the whole game changed if he had scored from the penalty we would have gone on and won that day i am sure of that. I would even go as far saying he mabey got DEL the move because that day there was a lot of bickering at the manager in the stands so as i say it works both ways

Got to agree with this. To say we got feck all for resurrecting his career is wrong - he's given us plenty.

You've got to love the bollocks being spouted by the agent here. "Clive Jagger", apparently.

He said, "I've had conversations with a couple of Championship clubs, even an English Premier League club without any definite offers being made for the player.

"There's also been some interest from bigger clubs in Scotland and although I'm not going to name them, everyone will know which clubs we're talking about.

"I'm trying to speak to both clubs. But I've had closer contact in particular and I understand there's greater interest from one of the two clubs in particular...

"I have interest from Spanish clubs as well, with [clubs in] other European leagues following him seriously. I've also had interest from a couple of MLS teams.

"But I've had no official confirmation from either of the clubs and it's all really at the moment, as far as we're concerned, pure speculation."

Pure speculation, "Clive", yeah. Pure speculation of your ****ing creation.

Honestly. Guys like him are ridiculous.

he has just commented on facebook....

Fran Sandaza

"i havent said anything yet...let me play and enjoy football,im a saints jhonstone player...thanks"

The funny thing is he seems happy at saints, his form proves he must be.

His agent will be desperate for him to move so he can line his own pockets. It's a sad state of affairs for the modern day player in a way. Too many get roped into bad/wrong moves by agents looking for the highest bidder.

I guess there's a lot to be said for being happy but it's a short career and if someone is willing to give him silly money it would be hard for him to turn down.

I hope he's true to his word and leaves all talk of moves until the close season so he can focus on firing us towards 3rd place.

If Sandaza makes the wrong move, he could find himself warming a bench again and then slipping back down that slope to obscurity. Would he then get another opportunity from someone to resurrect his career once more??

I truly hope that he is well advised and that this fate doesnt befall him

In fact even his agent has said he aint going anywhere till the summer-

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/st-johnstone/2012/01/05/fran-sandaza-set-to-snub-st-johnstone-contract-offer-86908-23679888/

"Jagger confirmed he has had talks with clubs in Scotland, England, Spain and the United States about Sandaza, but reckons a move at the end of the campaign is more likely than a transfer during the current window.

He added: “It may be a case of letting that contract run out and seeing what options we have.

“Understandably, St Johnstone are not going to be asking peanuts for the player. They will want reasonable compensation.”"

No need for all the panic.

If I were in his shoes, I would be telling my agent to shut his fat gob, and play out my contract. If we finish third, the European cup opportunity might tempt him to stay. If he is happy to play for Saints until May, score 20+ goals, then the more options he has at the end of that the better surely. Say he gets injured, and the only option on the table is for saints to repay his hard work and give him another years contract. If his agent hasn't burned all bridges.

If his agent wasn't hawking him around, he wouldn't be doing his job.

He's generating interest in the guy and doing it publically. Granted he could easily contact clubs privately but by doing it the way he is, no one in football looking for a frontman will have missed the name Fran Sandaza.

I agree with you ryangordon, but its a fine line to tread, and Im not sure where I would stand on it if I was a manager, impossible to know

I completely agree that the agent is doing his job, Any british manager outside the premiership who doesnt at least know who Sandaza is by now is doing something wrong, and the agent has done a great job to get him into one of the BBC Football's top stories of the day, so managers will know about him.

But at the same time, they will see Fran Sandaza and his dickhead agent, would this possibly put them off, if they feel they are going to have to deal with someone wanting a decent personal slice?

Although my initial reaction is that it would put people off, I suppose the reality is that they deal with it all the time.

I think its important, as others have said, to remember and distinguish between Sandaza and his agent. Can't argue with anything the player himself has said, the opposite in fact

Edited by Jiangsu Sainty
typo