#32 - 25/02/12 - Saints 3-1 Dunfermline - SPL

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more I think about it Lomas decision to take Sandaza of makes me think we are in for a bit of a gunslinger spell from him where he tries to look good by being the radical manager making decisions like that.

Must have been watching a different game from me today. Although not exactly poor today, ( he did have a hand in the first two goals) he looked lazy especially in the first half and especially by the standards he himself has set so far this season. Since the Rangers debacle he looks a lot less likely to score. I though Lomas was bang on taking him off and it can now go one of two ways. Sandaza can take the huff and go in a strop or ( much more likely in my opinion) work harder, use his substitution as a motivator and show Lomas exactly how good he can be.

empty away stand,nae fans.funny i did see a fat beardy bloke walking down the dunkeld road with a dunfy top on .must have been a retard and thought we still played at muirton.what a shame they brought no fans .

why should we take large travelling supports to dunfermline and give the fifers our hard earned money when they cannae even turn up in perth.in fact i haven't seen a dunfy support filling the away stand ever at mcd .as for muirton park they never turned up unlike us at dunfy away back in the muirton days.

Good result for Saints - good result for me as well getting to see a game as entertaining as that on one of my very rare saturdays off.

Stat of the day has to be that the last time Callum scored for saints (at the right end) was back in December 1998!

Couldn't see the offside from where I was for the goal that they scored, just looked like that they werent being closed down quick enough. As for the penalty it looked clear cut, but apart from that I thought the ref had a pretty good game letting it flow as much as possible, a good few tackles you would typically see a foul for from most referees, instead just told to get up and get on with it.

Keatings looked like he was trying to impress to much, he shouldnt be under any pressure, would like to see more of oyenuga

The appearances he has had, quite clearly show the huge gulf between U-19 SPL and SPL.

Celtic fans may wax lyrical about the boy, but at the moment a pheasant would knock him over. Too lightweight. Maybe Lomas can beef him up with his Masterchef skills....:?:

Must have been watching a different game from me today. Although not exactly poor today, ( he did have a hand in the first two goals) he looked lazy especially in the first half and especially by the standards he himself has set so far this season. Since the Rangers debacle he looks a lot less likely to score. I though Lomas was bang on taking him off and it can now go one of two ways. Sandaza can take the huff and go in a strop or ( much more likely in my opinion) work harder, use his substitution as a motivator and show Lomas exactly how good he can be.

Exactly! Never thought id say this but i would have taken off Sandaza too. Will get some of his hunger back. We play a lot better without jody doing his wee pointless holdups of play. Its no coincidence that when he went off we started to carve open the pars at every opportunity. Well played murray, croft and millar

Exactly! Never thought id say this but i would have taken off Sandaza too. Will get some of his hunger back. We play a lot better without jody doing his wee pointless holdups of play. Its no coincidence that when he went off we started to carve open the pars at every opportunity. Well played murray, croft and millar

What's all this pish about us playing better after Morris went off? We were well on top before he went off, and he was replaced by Millar who is less creative and slows the game down even more than Morris! Unbelievable.

Thought we played well, but Dunfermline were shocking. I'd be well pissed off if I was a Pars fan, hardly any fight from them at all. Davidson continued his good run of form, good to seem him being a much bigger influence with the ball.

I thought Sandaza should have come off in the Aberdeen game too. He is a great player, but I feel that if he doesn't get on the score sheet in about an hour, his level of effort drops significantly, he stops tracking back, holds onto the ball and tries to beat 10 players instead of pick out a pass (which is his greatest ability IMO). In the Hearts game he was told to get his act together by Lomas with 10 minutes to go and gave him a bundle of backchat for it. I was surprised to be honest.

Sheridan was the obvious guy to come off in latter stages due to fitness, but he can now last 90 (or 120) minutes comfortably, and makes the same effort from start to finish.

Don't get me wrong, Fran is a top player, but being subbed a couple of times might be a good thing for his motivation.

I thought Sandaza should have come off in the Aberdeen game too. He is a great player, but I feel that if he doesn't get on the score sheet in about an hour, his level of effort drops significantly, he stops tracking back, holds onto the ball and tries to beat 10 players instead of pick out a pass (which is his greatest ability IMO). In the Hearts game he was told to get his act together by Lomas with 10 minutes to go and gave him a bundle of backchat for it. I was surprised to be honest.

Sheridan was the obvious guy to come off in latter stages due to fitness, but he can now last 90 (or 120) minutes comfortably, and makes the same effort from start to finish.

Don't get me wrong, Fran is a top player, but being subbed a couple of times might be a good thing for his motivation.

thats what i thought.so i agree with ye.

There are very few fans in Scotland who would not have Jody in their starting eleven. Sadly most of them are Saints fans.

Dropped in on the Pars supporters forum last night and checked their time line thing for yesterdays game and at the time Morris went off they were chuffed and thought it was to their advantage that he was no longer on the pitch.Sensible opposition supporters can usually be a reasonable gauge of a players ability and threat.Oh on various other threads they were bitching and crucifying their team and manager.Sound familiar?.

QUOTE=Saline Saint;485890]Dropped in on the Pars supporters forum last night and checked their time line thing for yesterdays game and at the time Morris went off they were chuffed and thought it was to their advantage that he was no longer on the pitch.Sensible opposition supporters can usually be a reasonable gauge of a players ability and threat.Oh on various other threads they were bitching and crucifying their team and manager.Sound familiar?.

Certainly seems a lot more people come out to complain against the team that praise them. Usual retort I have been expecting is , its just dunfermline. They are pish.

No team in the SPL is 'pish'. They have good days and bad days, but outwith the top 3 at present, I see tactics, effort, good management, and a few players with a bit of extra class is the only difference. We are lucky to have Fran and Jody, who are class, and a few others punching above their weight this season. They are the same players who were scrapping in the bottom 6 last year.