An open letter to St Johnstone Chairman Steve Brown

Calypso Kid

I have sat on the sidelines on this debate with interest, up until your post I did not want to take part as I knew I would get shot down by the posters who hate everything about RFC.

Why? A number of reasons, my son has swayed more towards Saints, it fulfills my wife's ambition of her son and husband supporting the local team and local

area but mostly it is because I could not condone the treatment being dished

out to SB by some of the so called Rangers fans

How could I let my son sit in a stand beside some "fans" who have sent

threatening letters to SB and other SPL chairmen allegedly wanting to hurt

their kids?

Now I know I can take my son to football match where he can sit with all his

mates and have a laugh in a safe non bigoted environment.

Very honest post sasha and both you and your son are more than welcome to the Saint's cause - I hope to it becomes a real source or pride and passion and one you can share with others. Much respect.

Very honest post sasha and both you and your son are more than welcome to the Saint's cause - I hope to it becomes a real source or pride and passion and one you can share with others. Much respect.

Been away for a week and have not seen a paper or tv . Only news I heard was 10-1 vote with the trumpet from Killie abstaining. Gonna give me a brief summary of where we are at SS.

Been away for a week and have not seen a paper or tv . Only news I heard was 10-1 vote with the trumpet from Killie abstaining. Gonna give me a brief summary of where we are at SS.

There was a 10-1 vote and so SEVCO were overwhelmingly rejected from SPL. A vote will now be taken on Friday 13th to determine whether they will get entry to the SFL. A very complex letter to clubs has been sent out in effect saying they can vote 'yes or no' to Sevco becoming associate members, if they vote 'yes' to include Sevco in the Third Divsion the board can then immediately promote them to the First, to assume the vacancy created by the promotion of either Dundee or Dunfermline to the SPL. Its quite staggering in its effrontery.

Longmuir said: "The time has come for all outside influences and pressures to stop. So I ask all other bodies to leave it to those who have been put in this invidious position to make a decision in the best possible interests of the game.

So the only thing I take from that is pressure should not stop.

There was a 10-1 vote and so SEVCO were overwhelmingly rejected from SPL. A vote will now be taken on Friday 13th to determine whether they will get entry to the SFL. A very complex letter to clubs has been sent out in effect saying they can vote 'yes or no' to Sevco becoming associate members, if they vote 'yes' to include Sevco in the Third Divsion the board can then immediately promote them to the First, to assume the vacancy created by the promotion of either Dundee or Dunfermline to the SPL. Its quite staggering in its effrontery.

Longmuir said: "The time has come for all outside influences and pressures to stop. So I ask all other bodies to leave it to those who have been put in this invidious position to make a decision in the best possible interests of the game.

So the only thing I take from that is pressure should not stop.

Cheers Bud.. And I fully agree with your final sentence:wink:

Dear sirs

I have followed with utter dismay the debacle ensuing from the imminent liquidation of Rangers Football Club.

I feel that Scottish football is being led into disrepute and our standing within the game is being affected.

Rangers FC when liquidated, will be history. Newco has to start at the bottom, regardless of away support,TV revenue or any historical sentiment towards RFC.

This will start a very dangerous precedent, from which Scottish football will never recover.

Should the SFL intervene and place Newco in any other division than D3, it will show such bias and high handedness never seen before.

So called big teams in Italy have been relegated for financial irregularities and recovered to gain main league status again: Newco should be no different.

Scottish Football is in disarray, this is an excellent chance to fix it properly:seize it!

Yours faithfully

George Grieve

A copy of a letter just posted to SFL

We should all do this....inundate them......

Dear sirs

I have followed with utter dismay the debacle ensuing from the imminent liquidation of Rangers Football Club.

I feel that Scottish football is being led into disrepute and our standing within the game is being affected.

Rangers FC when liquidated, will be history. Newco has to start at the bottom, regardless of away support,TV revenue or any historical sentiment towards RFC.

This will start a very dangerous precedent, from which Scottish football will never recover.

Should the SFL intervene and place Newco in any other division than D3, it will show such bias and high handedness never seen before.

So called big teams in Italy have been relegated for financial irregularities and recovered to gain main league status again: Newco should be no different.

Scottish Football is in disarray, this is an excellent chance to fix it properly:seize it!

Yours faithfully

George Grieve

A copy of a letter just posted to SFL

We should all do this....inundate them......

Couldn't agree more, but we inundated Steve Brown to ask him to do the right thing, which was fine. Why inundate a bunch of absolute cretins without a remote interest in what the paying public want. They would be delerious if it were just rangers and celtic, and all the other clubs fecked off. It won't make a blind bit of difference, other than to harden their resolve to prove everybody wrong (which of course they won't because Scottish football with be dead if they get their way).

Makes me feel I am doing something....

This vote seems like an exercise, followed by what the powers wish to happen...

Good on you George. The alternative is to sit in silence and watch while the game we love is destroyed in Scotland.

If anyone at the club is reading, it would be great if a statement could be made distancing St.Johnstone from the attempts to force Sevco into the first division or an SPL2. That is of course assuming Steve Brown wasn't involved in the planning of this, which I cannot believe giving the fact he is acutely aware of how strongly St.Johnstone fans feel about the situation.

I don't expect a statement from the club at every stage of this debacle but a clear indication that we do not support the parachuting of Sevco into Scotland's second tier would be welcomed by the fans.

I notice that there are statements from fan groups of other clubs. I wonder if we should host another poll on here on this matter, and send a statement to the SFA/SPL/SFL on behalf of the WAP forum, rather than/as well as single letters. I am a cynic, but I don't expect these people to pay the slightest bit of notice to individual emails. They will get thousands, and will undoubtedly just delete them all.

Just a thought.

PS, my previous post was very negative - not aimed at individuals, just voicing my cynicism at the people behind this nonsense. Apologies if it seemed derogatory or defeatist.

Couple of Pars fans in here reckon that the latest vote the SFL are trying (ie clubs just allow newco into SFL but then the board decides whether they go to the 3rd or 1st) is hardening the attitudes even more and the only way the clubs can get their way is to deny newco entry to the SFL entirely.

Couple of Pars fans in here reckon that the latest vote the SFL are trying (ie clubs just allow newco into SFL but then the board decides whether they go to the 3rd or 1st) is hardening the attitudes even more and the only way the clubs can get their way is to deny newco entry to the SFL entirely.
Hmm, which would again fit the possibility that C Green is very happy for Sevco to have no team and nowhere to play next year, so he can strip it for every penny it is worth. This soap opera type script is far from finished yet.

I'm increasingly of the view that that may well be what happens. I also think the SFL will find a way to pass the buck back to the SPL at the end of the week so that this continues to drag on (perhaps by saying there is no vacancy to consider). I'm now half-expecting there to only be an 11-team SPL this season, with no relegation. I just think the authorities have run out of time to arrange an alternative.

A few other thoughts I've been pondering:

- The SFL could still hold some important cards in this, if their clubs stick together. They've been threatened with a breakaway SPL2 if the SPL/SFA don't get what they want, but what happens if they all refuse to join SPL2? You can't have an SPL2 with just Rangers on their own.

- Whatever happened to the SFA's announcement that they were going to start a new, unified league in time for the new season? It's never been mentioned since. Did I imagine it?:?

- Amidst all of this, how long will it be before Sevco FC - given the salary demands of their players and other financial hurdles ahead (including the possibility of no actual football matches to play) - go into administration and this all happens again?

- If Sevco manage to get into the SFL, no matter what league they enter, what will be the repercussions a few weeks/months down the line? At the moment there are questions over their SFA membership, their right to use Ibrox, the registration of their players, their lack of any previous accounts, the ownership of the business, their right to call themselves 'Rangers'. The SFL season kicks off in just 3 weeks with the Ramsdens Cup. Are we seriously to believe that all of the paperwork for them to compete within the laws of the SFL/SFA/UEFA/FIFA will be in order by then? If not, what happens? They start the season with ineligible players? They start the season without even a confirmed, agreed team name? Without any season ticket holders? Who are their sponsors, what strip will they wear, what is their club badge? Exactly how many rules are going to have to be broken to allow this lot to play, even at Third Division level? And what will be the result of that rule-breaking?

It makes me laugh to think Brechin City were kicked out of the Scottish Cup not long ago because they had a couple of ineligible players due to little more than an administrative error. Will Sevco be playing in this year's Scottish Cup?

Sevco and/or the powers that be are making the same mistakes with the SFL as they did with the SPL. Being so arrogant they just p!ss everyone off till they vote against them.

All being pushed towards Sevco being nowhere this season and possibly not being able to afford to keep running till the following season with little or no income.

Interesting times.

Group:Gold Members

My Team:Renfrew

Gamertag:GordieBoy80(PS3)

Kyle, on 09 July 2012 - 20:00, said:

He is on the SPL board. It's been confirmed though, or I'm sure I read somewhere that it had, that none of the clubs in the SPL were privy to these proposals until the same day as the SFL clubs, other than maybe Rod Petrie.

I've heard that Geoff Brown's involved in some way in the proposals.

^^^^^only chat room chatter so hopefully not true^^^^^

I notice that there are statements from fan groups of other clubs. I wonder if we should host another poll on here on this matter, and send a statement to the SFA/SPL/SFL on behalf of the WAP forum, rather than/as well as single letters. I am a cynic, but I don't expect these people to pay the slightest bit of notice to individual emails. They will get thousands, and will undoubtedly just delete them all.

Just a thought.

PS, my previous post was very negative - not aimed at individuals, just voicing my cynicism at the people behind this nonsense. Apologies if it seemed derogatory or defeatist.

I knew that Montrose....you're expressing the helplessness we are all experiencing as the suits try to get their own way. I am utterly sick of it.

Anything that we can do to influence this must be done.

What has not yet been resolved is the matter of whether SEVCO are willing to inherit the key club based responsibilities of the former Rangers (IA) - this would be the transfer embargo, football debt and any punishments handed down as a consequence of dual contracts. (The SPL say the punishment cannot be determined until they accept that responsibility)

You will remember Green said he had assets worth £30m that has now dwindeld to less than £5m (Ibrox etc). Could the £30m have been the book-value attached to players Naismith, McGregor, Davis, Whittaker etc. Of which SEVCO have got hee-haw except more legal expenses.

The football debt alone would probably tip them over and throw them into administration.

The SFL cannot admit a club that might not last.

soulful that is bang on. The requirement is 3 years audited accounts, but I assume there must be an alternative of a forward looking business plan in the case of a new club being formed - it has happened in lots of other leagues across Europe. My concern is that it must be nigh on impossible to draw up a business plan for Sevco going forward with all the baggage that comes from Rangers, and the ifs and buts that surround Green's consortium and their investment.

I genuinely cannot see any prospect of Sevco playing league football in Scotland in the 2012/13 season.

soulful that is bang on. The requirement is 3 years audited accounts, but I assume there must be an alternative of a forward looking business plan in the case of a new club being formed - it has happened in lots of other leagues across Europe. My concern is that it must be nigh on impossible to draw up a business plan for Sevco going forward with all the baggage that comes from Rangers, and the ifs and buts that surround Green's consortium and their investment.

I genuinely cannot see any prospect of Sevco playing league football in Scotland in the 2012/13 season.

I think the 3 years audited accounts is discretionary. If the vote passes, they will get in. Let's not kid each other on.

The most interesting bit of news I've seen lately is that the SPL and Sfl may have misinformed their clubs regarding the severance payment which is the threat being used against the Sfl clubs. It's clear now that the payment must be made BEFORE SPL clubs are paid. Doncaster is threatening to pull it, breaching the contract and putting the Sfl in a position to take legal action to enforce it. They could effectively bankrupt the SPL if they desired, should Doncaster carry out his threat.

UPDATE Clyde have this evening confirmed they feel misled regarding the Armageddon scenario described by Regan and Doncaster. They have sent warning letters to all fellow members.

The positions of both chiefs now completely untenable.

Edited by Calypso Kid