The Big Turkey Travel Thread

soulfulsaint

The last information given was on Friday and reads:

"St Johnstone FC are now waiting on absolute confirmation from UEFA but..."

Have they been given this or not, or are they only telling people on the charter just now and everyone else can wait?

Cheers Mike, for telling us of the news....

It was announced in the press at the start of the week.. Clear as day. It was also ALL over the back page of the PA yesterday as well as on the BBC website 4 FOUR days ago..The verdict straight from the CAS website was on Saints website 5 FIVE days ago.

What more are yee wanting?? Someone to walk up to yer front door and shout it through the letterbox:laugh::laugh::laugh:

from comments and status' by some of my eses facebook friends, i believe the ticket prices are out for the game and there not too pleased about it! This is the status....

'Eskisehirspor-St. Johnstone maci bilet fiyatlari Acik:30 ,Nefer:50, 65liler-VIP: 100 Misafir:50 TL

Soyguncu baÅŸkan'

Could any of our turkish friends translate this, as google translate isn't the most helpful!

from comments and status' by some of my eses facebook friends, i believe the ticket prices are out for the game and there not too pleased about it! This is the status....

Could any of our turkish friends translate this, as google translate isn't the most helpful!

10 Turkish Lira is about £3.50

so that looks like. £10.50

£17.50

£22.00 ish

£35..

Open Johnstone match ticket prices: 30, Nefer: 50, 65liler-VIP: 100 Guests: 50

President of the robber ':laugh::laugh::laugh:

As we are presumably the GUESTS 50 Lira which is £17.50-£18.. That's no to bad.

Edited by The ghost of Jim Morton

It was announced in the press at the start of the week.. Clear as day. It was also ALL over the back page of the PA yesterday as well as on the BBC website 4 FOUR days ago..The verdict straight from the CAS website was on Saints website 5 FIVE days ago.

What more are yee wanting?? Someone to walk up to yer front door and shout it through the letterbox:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Yip, must be true then if bbc and pa are all over it. Now you are making me laugh if that's where your relying for info.

Are CAS UEFA? No. So what's on CAS is irrelevant.

Clear as day:

"St Johnstone FC are now waiting on absolute confirmation from UEFA but it looks certain that our Europa League opponents will be Eskisehirspor. On such confirmation being received the club will then be in a position to firm up details such as kick-off time and travelling arrangements."

Meaning there still awaiting conformation. It's not difficult.

Tell me where to get tickets at what time the kick off is then?

Yip, must be true then if bbc and pa are all over it. Now you are making me laugh if that's where your relying for info.

Clear as day:

"St Johnstone FC are now waiting on absolute confirmation from UEFA but it looks certain that our Europa League opponents will be Eskisehirspor. On such confirmation being received the club will then be in a position to firm up details such as kick-off time and travelling arrangements."

From the Saints Web-site..

Although it had been indicated to Saints just hours earlier that it would be Monday before a decision on the case would be announced, The Court of Arbitration for Sport posted on their website late Friday afternoon the outcome of the appeal made by Besiktas.

It reads as follows:

Lausanne, 6 July 2012 - The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) has rendered its decision in the procedure involving the Turkish club Besiktas JK and UEFA. The CAS has confirmed the sanctions imposed by the UEFA Appeals Body on 30 May 2012:

• Besiktas JK is excluded from the next two UEFA club competitions for which it qualifies in the next five seasons;

• The exclusion for the second competition is suspended for a probationary period of five years;

• Besiktas JK is fined EUR 200’000, of which EUR 100’000 is suspended for a probationary period of five years.

Clear as day:

Erm . NO.... They are in this case the ruling body and they have turned down Besiktas's appeal..

Tickets priced at £17.77 will be on Sale at McD and the match will kick of between 7.30-8.00 Turkish time..

Anything else you need help with..:laugh:

I reckon your club has found out how much we charge over here and come up with a price nearer what we pay. Having said that 50 T Lira works out at about 14 pounds if earlier email suggesting 3.5 to the pound, still quite a bit less than we paid for regular games last year.

Your maths are awful Mike..:laugh::wink:

10 Turkish Lira is about £3.50

so that looks like. £10.50

£17.50

£22.00 ish

£35..

Open Johnstone match ticket prices: 30, Nefer: 50, 65liler-VIP: 100 Guests: 50

President of the robber ':laugh::laugh::laugh:

As we are presumably the GUESTS 50 Lira which is £17.50-£18.. That's no to bad.

Thats still a great price compared to that of scottish games etc, £18 for a ticket 8pm local kick off time what can be simpler than that!

Ok - I have just been on the phone to the St Johnstone ticket office and they do not have any tickets for the game in Turkey and they do not know when they will be available and they do not know if they will be available at Esses ground :shock:

As (like many) I no longer live in Perth (or anywhere near) I am just starting to be a little concerned, we fly Tuesday......................

Ok - I have just been on the phone to the St Johnstone ticket office and they do not have any tickets for the game in Turkey and they do not know when they will be available and they do not know if they will be available at Esses ground :shock:

As (like many) I no longer live in Perth (or anywhere near) I am just starting to be a little concerned, we fly Tuesday......................

There are more then 1000 seats on your side and eaisly u can find ticket when u come

UPDATE: St Johnstone in Turkey,*supporter travel package

Further to a number of queries directed to the club and ourselves over the past couple of days, we are now in a position to provide an update on the outline itinerary for the trip.

UEFA have confirmed that St Johnstone will face*EskiÅŸehirspor*of Turkey in the second round of the Europa League. The away game will take place at the Ataturk Stadium in*EskiÅŸehir on Thursday 19th July, kick off time 20.00 (local).

We are currently working to finalise the travel arrangements and are awaiting confirmation of our flight slot times, after which we will be*in a position*to send out full itineraries. These currently envisage a*morning departure*from Edinburgh Airport on Wednesday 18th July, with arrival into EskiÅŸehir airport mid-afternoon (local). The return flight would depart Eskisehir after the game on Thursday 19th, arriving into Edinburgh approximately 2.30am on Friday 20th. Please note the above timings are for indication purposes only and are subject to change until confirmation is received.

Transport from McDiarmid Park:

St Johnstone FC will also*be offering a return coach transfer from Perth for fans booked on the official supporters package.

Coaches will depart from McDiarmid Park at approximately 6am on Wednesday 18th July for our flight from Edinburgh to Turkey. The return journey will arrive back in Perth at approximately 3.30am on the morning of Friday 20th July, subject to the confirmation of the above flight times.

A place on the coach is included within the package price.*

If you do not wish to reserve a place on the coach, it would be most helpful to the club if you could inform us in advance, so we can arrange the correct number of vehicles required for the trip. Please confirm with our travel partner, TMG Sport no later than 12.00 hrs on Monday 16th July, either by email to sports@tmguk.com*or by phone on 01926 425 333 quoting your booking reference number.* If you do not respond, it will be assumed that you require a space on the*transfer from McDiarmid Park.

As soon as final itineraries are available they will be forwarded. We look forward to seeing you in Turkey!

The Team at St Johnstone FC and TMG Sport.*

Anybody know how we folks on the official plane trip are going to get a hold of our tickets? I don't want to come up to Perth (in case my creditors see me) to get them, would rather just rock up to the plane in Edinburgh.

I would like to think someone from the club will have them and we can just pay for them. If not most games ive been to abroad you can just go to the stadium and get them