20 years of The Geoffster

blueheaven

Today's PA has a special feature to mark Geoff Brown's 20 years in charge of the club. It includes Geoff Brown's top XI, selected from all the players of the last 20 years. He goes with:

GK: Main

RB: Treanor

LB: Davidson

CB: Baltacha

CB: Kernaghan

RW: Moore

LW: O'Neil

CM: Turner

CM: Curran

ST: Wright

ST: Grant

So, what eleven players would the good folks on here choose, using the same criteria? Personally, I'd have to question Geoff's central midfield choices! How can he possibly leave out Dasovic??

My team would be:

GK: Main

RB: McQuillan

LB: Preston

CB: Baltacha

CB: Kernaghan

RW: Moore

LW: O'Neil

CM: Dasovic

CM: Kane

ST: Wright (very close choice between him & O'Boyle)

ST: Grant

Congratulations to Geoff Brown for his 20 years in charge. We owe him so much and he has run this club brilliantly. I would trust no other chairman in Scotland with our club anymore than him.

My team:

GK- Main

RB- Momo (he started as a RB - kind of :) )

LB- Davidson

CB- Kernaghan

CB- Baltacha

RW- Moore

LW- Jenkinson

CM- Dasovic

CM -Sekerlioglu

ST- O'Boyle

ST -Grant

I think Radford picked it right. The 23 man squad. None of today's team are anywhere near the teams from the last two decades. That is the same for all Scotish football unfortunately. If only we had a time machine and could get the midfield back, plus the strikers, OK I'll add the keeper and the defence.

My team

Main,

Treanor, Baltacha, Kernagan, Davidson

Moore, Attila, O'Neill,

O'Boyle

Grant, Wright

I think Radford picked it right. The 23 man squad. None of today's team are anywhere near the teams from the last two decades. That is the same for all Scotish football unfortunately. If only we had a time machine and could get the midfield back, plus the strikers, OK I'll add the keeper and the defence.

Ask people 20 years ago to name their favourite squad and they probably would have gone back over the years as well, it is just human nature.

Guest Nairn Saint

Arise Sir Geoff of Glencarse.

Surely he is deserving of some kind of honour to reflect his tenure. He hasn't done it for the money or for the good of his health.

Forgive my ignorance but is there no such thing as The Freedom of Perth?

Knowing the man it's comforting to know that he will ensure the next Chairman will follow his prudent stewardship and that there will be a Perth St. Johnstone in another 20 years time.

Must go I've a tear in my eye.

I am all in favour of a stand being re named after him or even a small statue, he kept our club alive, thinking where we have been in the last 20 years the ups and downs, the highs of a cup final and europe to the heart break of relegations and crap teams, we have all had the chance to experience that because he cares for our club.

I am all in favour of a stand being re named after him or even a small statue, he kept our club alive, thinking where we have been in the last 20 years the ups and downs, the highs of a cup final and europe to the heart break of relegations and crap teams, we have all had the chance to experience that because he cares for our club.

i would name a seat after the fecker.he wanted an all seater with no standing efter all.cheers geoff and heres to the next 20 years :lol:

i would name a seat after the fecker.he wanted an all seater with no standing efter all.cheers geoff and heres to the next 20 years :lol:

How about the astro turf, Geoff Brown Astroturf, and we musn't forget stuart duff, i would name the visitors after this man, Definition off visotors can be found here

Last week, I went to the toilet just before extra time started and as I was washing my hands, I swear - as god is my witness - there were little black pellets that looked distinctly like some form of rodent dropping around the taps. It was absolutely disgusting and unmistaketable. There was absolutely NOTHING else it could have been! :shock:

Maybe Saints should check it out, I was going to email them but completely forgot, I only just remembered because of the game tonight! :shock: