Saints vs. Ross County 26/08/06

blueheaven

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no, playing well for 15 mins in a half dosent cover up the rest of a bad performance. dont kid yourself mainstand

We'll agree to disagree. Well if we win 3-1 against a team playing as bad as you seem to think then things look good for the future. I think you need to have a reality check on what you are expecting from the team .

The same performance as all other home games this year, but we managed to win for a change.

Spot on!!!!!!! I didn't think last week was as bad as made out, and I would not go over the moon about todays performance. The main difference being that three chances were converted against a barrowload being missed last week. We are still passing up far too many opportunities, but at least we are creating them.

today was the usual shite. we are pish. 3 goals dosent cover the mess we are. martin hardie was a total piece of shite. savo was well good. halliwell looked dodgy too.

You don't half talk some overwhelming rubbish. You make points, but don't back them up with any evidence. "Jason Scotland is a prick" "We are pish". How old are you? You act about 12. :roll:

We played the best we have done this season, and won a game at home - where we'd drawn twice previously and failed to beat lower league opposition in the 90 minutes, twice having to go to extra time to do the job. I think that shows that there was a marked improvement there today. So long as we continue to improve, I certainly don't think there's any call for post such as that drivel.

today was the usual shite. we are pish. 3 goals dosent cover the mess we are. martin hardie was a total piece of shite. savo was well good. halliwell looked dodgy too.

What would it take for you to be actually quite happy about a result :? Saints beating the opposition into submission :?

You've either been on some funny drink or set some bizarrely high standard for Saints. I thought Hardie had his best game for Saints today, in what respect do you believe he was 'a total piece of shite' :?

You don't half talk some overwhelming rubbish. You make points, but don't back them up with any evidence. "Jason Scotland is a prick" "We are pish". How old are you? You act about 12. :roll:

We played the best we have done this season, and won a game at home - where we'd drawn twice previously and failed to beat lower league opposition in the 90 minutes, twice having to go to extra time to do the job. I think that shows that there was a marked improvement there today. So long as we continue to improve, I certainly don't think there's any call for post such as that drivel.

my serious opinion is that today jason looked a lot lot better, although at times still too greedy. savo worked his arse off and deserved his 2 goals. we won deservedly although i still feel we looked very poor for the majority of the game and ross co. helped us due to their shoddy defending. halliwell, although looking solid so far, looked very shaky today.

IMO, and it is only my OPINION, for the squad we have(and i dont expect miracles) we are punching well below the weight we should be.

thank you

We'll agree to disagree. Well if we win 3-1 against a team playing as bad as you seem to think then things look good for the future. I think you need to have a reality check on what you are expecting from the team .

we had a decent spell for a part of the game. we probably just about deserved the win. what annoys me is the way people think wins like todays are so good and emphatic, when in reality we struggled for a great part of the game. county had players with pace and vision we could only dream of having. shoot me if i'm wrong though mate.......

We got a performance we wanted today - some nice flowing fitbaw with GOALS at the end of it. We got the three points and a pretty decent performance so what more do we want??? Apart from Sheridan out the midfield of course! :wink::P:wink:

And i might be pished at the time of writing this, and suspect Mr Muzzerino is on the wind up but there is no pleasing some people. But we have had performances that should have seen us wrap things up by half time if we had the luck in front of goal!

Never mind, the majority of us are behind the club, behind the manager and behind the players - so Mon the Saints! The faith is back, and it's gonna stay!

We are Unbeatable, We are unbeatable....tra la la la!!

The difference yesterdat was pretty much the lack of long balls from the defence rto the forwards, we got the ball in midfield and they passed it forward, everything was linked...........well like I have said before untill we came out in the 2ndhlaf thinking the game was won and then seeming to get a bit gittery after they scored. You culd put that down to the midfield tireing a bit too. Wish Scotland would fight to get infront of his man more 5 times a ball came to him and the defender came infront of him and got it. I dont know if he is trying to anticipate the defender not getting it or what....

But on the whole, much more like it. Our performance in the firts is more what I would like to see from a Saints team, ball on the deck Defence to Midfield midfiled pass forward/wide and create chances..GOAL! (tis an easy game)

I thought we played well. For me one of the big differences was that Sheerin took the dead ball kicks. Not for their quality because they still weren't great but the fact that Sheridan only had to run half his normal distance. That let him get on with the job he is paid to. The unglamorous breaking up of Ross County's play. I though he did that well in the first half and that made sure they didn't pressure us. Second half he did fade and should have been subbed.

I thought the midfield actually functioned with people knowing what they were meant to do and sticking to it.

Would love to know what the average age of County's starting 11 was today!

It was 22.

Only two players aged over the age of 24. Derek Adams (31) and Alex Keddie (25) but he is only playing his third season in preoffesional football.

I've not problems with the result yesterday. Saints were the better team and probably should have scored a few more.

Defensively we were a shambles, and the number of times you won headers on the edge of our penalty box to flick onto Milne or Sheerin was really worrying.

But then I think we made one or two mistakes in the team selection !

Why was young Moore playing left back ? Never played there before a couple of games ago.. played all pre-season as a forward, and scored about 15 goals last season for the Under 19's.. It's not as though we were lacking in that area as Hugh Robertson was sat in the stand just in front of me, and he wasn't injured. :shock:

Mark McCulloch has not been getting a start this season, yet when he comes on (which is rare) he plays really well.. And IMO much better at defending than Dowie and Keddie !

A disappoining result for us, and added to the other defeats we have had some alarm bells are beginning to ring with some fans.. but we have just played the three pre-season favourites to win the league, two of them away from home.. So maybe it's just been a tough start for us.

However this mid-weeks game against Alloa is now huge, we just lost to them last week in the CIS Cup, another defeat would have the knives really out, a win would give the team something to work on over the weeks rest for the international matches.

Thought it was by far the best performance from the team so far. Not great, certainly nothing like table toppers but a vast improvement on the previous few games. Actually came out of McD yesterday feeling good and looking forward to the next game for the first time in ages.

Still before you think I'm getting too positive Lawrie is still shucking fite :wink:

170 Ross fans there on Saturday if anyone who is interested in these sorta things wants to know. Does not look like there will be many sizeable away supports at McD this season. Partick if they keep doing reasonable enough and Dundee, but their numbers will dwindle as they get more and more disillusioned with the pish they are getting served up on the park.

170 Ross fans there on Saturday if anyone who is interested in these sorta things wants to know. Does not look like there will be many sizeable away supports at McD this season. Partick if they keep doing reasonable enough and Dundee, but their numbers will dwindle as they get more and more disillusioned with the pish they are getting served up on the park.

Do you know how many there were from Clyde and Accies, Watty?

Considering this was County's closest game, I would've thought they'd bring more.

Do you know how many there were from Clyde and Accies, Watty?

Considering this was County's closest game, I would've thought they'd bring more.

Nope, but accies was approx 100 i think, Clyde not got a clue but it looked about 350.

Raith was 196, East Fife 205, Elgin 86 :wink:

Will try and mind check in the future though........East Fife 2nd biggest support at McD this season after Clyde :shock: