European Adventure...

David123

I never said a professional footballer should never fail score a penalty. Isaid he should never fail to hit the target a subtle difference.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Keepers are not just lucky. It is well known that they study clubs favoured penalty takers so to say that professsional
footballers should never fail to score a penalty is dismissing the part the keeper plays.

We're you happy at how well we did in Europe?

I'm sure most people felt we should have beat Minsk!!!

But we did beat a top European team!!!

David, if we went to Stevie Brown with £2m now, there's no guarantee we could qualify again or beat a team like Rosenberg again.

What we experienced can't be bought so, yes, I was happy with how we did.

Look at other Scottish clubs for the past, oh, years! We compare favourably.

It's a shame we play by the rules over here and are so 'nice' at football.

Minsk were cynical and deliberate, like the Italians or Spanish of old, and theiy knocked us out by being streetwise, and very, very fortunate.

They were so lucky that we almost went to sudden death on the penalties having looked finished after two kicks each.

Loved this season's European nights, and can't wait to get back there. Even the Minsk match, which is now always going to be thought of as one of our biggest ever disappointments, was an incredible event with a packed stadium, brilliant atmosphere and loads of drama. That's what I want from football, even when the result is crushing.

Over the years there have always been a few people on forums like this one telling us all that it's better being in the lower divisions because you get to stand, it's more like the old days, it's more of a laugh etc etc. And yes, to an extent, I enjoy seeing Saints play at smaller grounds and I like days out to places like Forfar, Brechin etc. But the experience of seeing Saints play against European teams, under the McDiarmid floodlights in an electric atmosphere, is something that is unbeatable in my opinion.

David123 - I have just got back from a long weekend and was pleased to read this new topic, because it immediately brought back happy memories of Trondheim, and yes, I even enjoyed the Minsk game because of the atmosphere despite being so disappointed at the end of the evening.

Seeing some of the negative responses left me bemused.  Some people are just not happy unless they are being miserable.  So ignore them, and keep posting, and keep being enthusiastic.

Seeing Saints in Europe is a great experience because it doesn't happen often, and that makes it special.  That is something that annoyed me about Lomas, his lack of enthusiasm initially  for the Turkey game.  He just didn't get it.  Clubs with big support don't get it either.  You would never get the party atmosphere of Saints in Trondheim, Turkey, Vaasa or Monaco by supporting Celtic or Chelsea etc - it's just different.