Partick Thistle V St Johnstone Saturday 14/12/13

garydavidson

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Their loophole will be that it is a blank complimentary ticket with no details of the match between Partick and Saints on it. Betcha ;)

Tossers.

That can be countered with the fact that they have only had ONE abandoned game which is against St.Johnstone....If they have any decency then they would see they have already taken £20 from people and failed to produce an end product.....BUT

I wonder what the chances of this happening for us are?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25620878

Bournemouth supporters raise funds for Burton fans to travel

Bournemouth supporters have raised almost £3,000 to help Burton fans travel to their re-arranged FA Cup tie.

On Saturday, the original game was called off just an hour before kick-off because of a waterlogged pitch.

The late postponement meant around 200 Burton fans made a fruitless 300-mile round trip to the south coast.

Edited by PerthSeany

I wonder what the chances of this happening for us are?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25620878

Bournemouth supporters raise funds for Burton fans to travel

Bournemouth supporters have raised almost £3,000 to help Burton fans travel to their re-arranged FA Cup tie.

On Saturday, the original game was called off just an hour before kick-off because of a waterlogged pitch.

The late postponement meant around 200 Burton fans made a fruitless 300-mile round trip to the south coast.

Highly unlikely. It is only Partick season ticket holders that are getting in free again and they are not at all bothered by the situation.

Thistle’s supporters’ charter reads: “If a match is abandoned after spectators are admitted to the ground but before kick-off or half-time, ticket holders are entitled to free admission to the rearranged match.”

But Thistle’s overheads for hosting the game are set at around £8000 and they are adamant they will be left out of pocket for the clash.

Managing director Ian Maxwell also claims there is no onus on his club to pick up the cost of the fixture.

He said: “Once a Scottish Premiership game reaches half-time the host club is under no obligation to provide free entry to the rearranged fixture.

“The cost of hosting the rearranged game is such that it will almost certainly mean this match is run at a loss for the club.

“Partick Thistle always tries to put football fans first. However, we could not afford to provide, police, stewarding, catering, electricity and all the other overheads required for a game to go ahead safely without charging a certain amount for entry to the rearranged fixture.”

So if the game had been abandoned after 44 minutes, none of that would have applied?  Surely a club must have some kind of insurance against this, and if not, it is surely a matter where the SPFL should be offering assistance in the interests of the game.  

It’s a ‘f**k you’ to the fans no doubt about it.

The problem is that from a Partick point of view, the fans may as well not turn up as get in for free (spend on pies, programs etc will be minimal).

It’s therefore a business no brainer for them to charge £12 and accept a fraction of the attendance. They need to pay stewards, police, kiosk staff, lece etc. Sadly Scottish football’s in a position where small clubs like Partick (and St Johnstone) can’t afford to absorb these costs just because it’s the ‘right thing to do’.

Incredibly irritating all the same

Exactly - if the abandonment of a game is outwith the control of the club (freak weather, serious injury or illness etc) I believe that the SPFL should be helping with the cost of the rearranged fixture overheads.  £8,000 is pennies on the SPFL scale, but a wad of cash to the wee clubs.  Without fans, the game is useless. 

Given that the rearranged fixture will almost always be midweek, why not offer it to BBC Alba to show live, and cover the cost that way?

Edited by montrosesaintee

Just had a reply from Thistle. Very long winded and basically shite. Adamant they will be charging. They contradict themselves though - "The vouchers were printed as soon as the game was abandoned" then they go on to say, in the same paragraph 'the vouchers with complimentary were the only ones we had in stock" utter utter shite and pure lies and spin.

I would be interested to see how much profit they made from the last game if it only costs them £8,000 to put the game on. Can't have made that much of a loss on pies etc as they would have sold a load up to and including half time.

Saints could give them a call about saving some money - for this game open only one stand and shift some people about.

Just had a reply from Thistle. Very long winded and basically shite. Adamant they will be charging. They contradict themselves though - "The vouchers were printed as soon as the game was abandoned" then they go on to say, in the same paragraph 'the vouchers with complimentary were the only ones we had in stock" utter utter shite and pure lies and spin.

They actually had these tickets in the emergency packs that the stewards had.

RE: EXPLANATION REQUIRED - St Johnstone Admission Details

S

Stacey Greig

to me

Hi Sean,

Following the abandonment of the St Johnstone fixture on December 14 the game was subsequently re-arranged for a 7:45pm kick off on January 21. The abandoned game essentially means that the club is required to cover the cost of an extra game in an already hectic fixture schedule. Partick Thistle always tries to put football fans first however, we could not afford to provide, police, stewarding, catering, electricity and all the other overheads required for a game to go ahead safely without charging a certain amount for entry to the rearranged fixture. The cost of hosting the rearranged game, even with a charge for entry, is such that it will almost certainly mean this match is run at a loss for the club. Once a Scottish Premiership game reaches halftime the host club is under no obligation to provide free entry to the rearranged fixture.

Vouchers were printed and issued as soon as the game was abandoned and a tannoy announcement was made letting fans know to hold onto their ticket stubs or collect a match abandoned voucher from a club official for discounted entry into the rescheduled game. As you have have pointed out, the vouchers provided to fans after the game was called off had complimentary printed on the back of them. Unfortunately these tickets were the only ticket stock that we had available at the time. Staff at the club were under immense pressure to ensure that all fans who had paid to enter the game received one in order that they qualify for discounted entry at the rearranged game. In future we will ensure that any vouchers which are handed out are labelled more clearly.

At no point should you have been told that the voucher would gain you free admission into the rearranged fixture, if you were told this then I apologise for any confusion.

Partick Thistle Football Club always strives to put football fans first and we are sorry if you are unhappy on this occasion.

Kind Regards,

Kirsty McKee

That's the reply we are all getting. Save u the hassle of waiting on the reply to ur email...

Its all very well giving Partick Thistle a hard time but I dont recall Saints doing anything different when our home game against Hibs was abandoned at half-time (I am guessing this was 10 to 12 years ago). I certainly didnt have any option of getting a voucher - I wasnt able to attend the rearranged fixture but IIRC it was just a reduced entry, certainly no free entry (happy to be proved wrong though).

I suspect that insurance for these sorts of events is either not available or prohibitively expensive. I like the suggestion that the SPFL should help out in these situations. Abandonments happen rarely enough that a one-off payment to the home club with conditions relating to the maximum cost of entry would seem sensible. Can imagine that there would still be lots of arguments about the different sets of fans getting charged different amounts though and accounting for how the payment is used.

We shouldn't have to pay for the fact they didn't bother to insure themselves in the event of this happening though.

"Let's not bother insuring it. If it gets to ht then charge the supporters again to cover costs"

Do clubs pay a fee to the governing body every year? I presume they do. Surely some insurance would be included in that as part of a management fee or something

Edited by PerthSeany