Just Giving - Dundee United

SaintSam1884

Dundee United fans have set up a just giving page to raise money for fellow Dundee United fans who can't afford to go to the cup final. The money will be used to buy tickets for these people.

The person involved in setting it up says he/she will make sure it goes to genuine fans. Not sure how you could monitor that but I think it's a wonderful idea and would be more than happy to donate to see a fellow Saints fan, young or old, not miss out.

Kudos to these United fans.

Stjohnstone could release say "x" amount of tickets in the last week or so to the final, let people pay a non profit minimum to get a ticket, I wouldn't be fussed as I have my tickets anyway.....

Do you think if saints releases 1000 cut price tickets people would take them up on offer???

Nice gesture. What's involved in getting something like this set up for Saints fans. I'm sure a lot of fans would chip in to take this forward.

People would need to apply for the funding to get the tickets, you would need to make sure the organisers weren't scamming, a simple very reduced ticket would be easiest

Edited by soupy76

Stjohnstone could release say "x" amount of tickets in the last week or so to the final, let people pay a non profit minimum to get a ticket, I wouldn't be fussed as I have my tickets anyway.....

Do you think if saints releases 1000 cut price tickets people would take them up on offer???

I think the SFA might have something to say about that.

I think what united fans are doing is good, but how do you coordinate that scale of money and tickets etc,,, they must have a "funds" application that family's fill out to get the money' there must be a committee who decides who gets what!!! They won't have a queue outside tanadice for folk to get free tickets so there must be a vetting process...

Big task if you ask me

Edited by soupy76

I think what united fans are doing is good, but how do you coordinate that scale of money and tickets etc,,, they must have a "funds" application that family's fill out to get the money' there must be a committee who decides who gets what!!! They won't have a queue outside tanadice for folk to get free tickets so there must be a vetting process...

Big task if you ask me

I don't doubt it will be a huge task  but clearly there are people willing to give their time to do it.  I couldn't afford that sort of time, but maybe there are some who can.

No doubt there is, and hats off to them, but if people are applying for "funding/tickets/" etc they all must prove that they are needing /entitled to it !! What's the criteria? Are you on benefits? Have you got proof? Where's your id? Fair play to them for doing it

united for all is a charity ..already organises the distrubution of circa 300  season tickets (money raised by fans every summer to pay for them)  to derserving individuals and organisations,  Will use their existing network in the 1st instance then take it from there. Simplist way after that would be for any kids needing to get a £35 ticket to pay a tenner at the ticket office then the money raised would make up the shortfall to send to the robbing SFA. 

The Monday after the cup semis, the 'Sports Writer of the year' (Keith Jackson) began his review of the season with the following words, 'Now that the football is finished for another year....'  ..........4 teams still in the hunt for European places, 5 teams still in the relegation dog fight, the best finish in the 2nd tier for years, and the Scottish Cup still up for grabs.......the football is hardly finished!  This is however what we are up against.  Had it been a Rangers v Celtic or even Aberdeen in the final, the SFA marketing department would have gone into overdrive, every avenue covered to make this the show piece event of the season.  Dundee United v St Johnstone?  Well the ticketing fiasco says to me the SFA consider this a diddy game of little consequence, the marketing of this game looks like a half hearted after thought.  Much like Keith Jackson, the SFA appear to be of the opinion that diddies should sit nice and be grateful they are allowed into one of Glasgow 'neutral' venues.

Well done to both clubs, total ticket sales rapidly approaching 40k and this wee scheme tops the lot, the fund only hours old and already over 12K......   I suspect we may heading for a near sell out, and extending a middle digit to the SFA and the Weegie media as we go.  Heart warming stuff all round!

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/local/dundee/fans-united-scottish-cup-final-fund-soars-past-12-000-1.346815

Edited by Smarmy Arab

Obviously ticket sales have dried up at Tanny, no one in shop when I passed yesterday. Good effort to sell 20 000 plus against a team who has the hoodoo over them.

Their sales are now over 24,000 so hardly shows that their sales have dried up. They didn't start selling until Monday. Great effort in 5 days.

Believe the total raised is now in excess of £20,000 so hats off to them and all who have donated.

Edited by vxr

Guys for obvious reason I cannot make many games.  A charity where I could donate the equivalent of a season ticket to allow someone else to go who would not otherwise be able to go would interest me.

Also what are we doing for next years cup final are we thinking of wetting up a similar charity.

COYS