Perth Shop Window Displays For The Scottish Cup Final 2014

AthensSaint

Spenny is in the process of trying to get an early license for the morning of game,, he is also hoping to have a disco karaoke in the evening ;) he is trying to get an 10am licence - give him a call if you are fancying going down with a group and say you seen it on facebook

1st bit of windae display at my work is complete. Will finish it on Tuesday. (I have now been disowned by my sons and utd pals but "I was only following orders")  Will try to post a photae once its done. Great to see perth with a buzz, about the place , saying that hopefully that buzz will  be stone dead by 4.45 on 17th may or im leaving the country!!! WOMSAC Shed Rule . 

Credit to Black Market Coffee Shop and St Johns Centre. Seem to be the only shops on the pedestrian bit of high street that are giving their support to the club through posters!

stjohns centre took a fair bit of convincing and had certain criterai for the posters. Also couldnt put them up when there was public in and had to wait until nearer 6pm..I am hoping for one more batch of posters and then the city centre will get one last blast of giving thema a chance to put a poster up

Oh no! - yet another Perth boozer that I'll have to support  :mrgreen:

1907996_728098377213146_1525816515181879

They have a big sign at the bottom of the hill towards Aviva as well.

Also i Believe they are having an Inveralmond ale thing this afternoon to show off the Saints ale they are doing? Correct me if im wrong though please. 

stjohns centre took a fair bit of convincing and had certain criterai for the posters. Also couldnt put them up when there was public in and had to wait until nearer 6pm..I am hoping for one more batch of posters and then the city centre will get one last blast of giving thema a chance to put a poster up

Have any of the larger chain shops agreed to put them up, or has it all been independents?

Typical, larger chains provide sh**e service, couldn't give a toss about the local community and all they see us for is ££££

True but you would be surprised at the amount of wee local business's who said no or told me to stick it on side of fridge and not in window. Or my boss is a rangers fan he won't be happy if it goes up. Or folk won't see in the shop if it goes up, feck one shop only had it up a matter of day and took it down -- tunts. Some shops and business's were also buzzing about getting posters and doing something for the final and even spoke of having a party in their shop or hairdressers.. One shop who I thought I would get a no no welcomed me with open arms and showed me stuff they had ordered like bunting and balloons and even spoke of getting blue coloured cocktails. Ever since I was a wee lad I always thought it was old posh burds who worked there but I was far from wrong ( Marion's )

Edited by soupy76

True but you would be surprised at the amount of wee local business's who said no or told me to stick it on side of fridge and not in window. Or my boss is a rangers fan he won't be happy if it goes up. Or folk won't see in the shop if it goes up, feck one shop only had it up a matter of day and took it down -- tunts. Some shops and business's were also buzzing about getting posters and doing something for the final and even spoke of having a party in their shop or hairdressers.. One shop who I thought I would get a no no welcomed me with open arms and showed me stuff they had ordered like bunting and balloons and even spoke of getting blue coloured cocktails. Ever since I was a wee lad I always thought it was old posh burds who worked there but I was far from wrong ( Marion's )

Does Marion Brennan still own it Soupy

posters were dropped off there ;) same time as the 2 hairdressers were done and shanghai

have you tried wedding shops?

just thinking the "something blue" might be a theme.

especially that wee independant shop "Arabesque" on Hospital Street - they'd get a lot of footfall of people going to/from train station, esp on the morning of the game.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1.0-9/10277453_10202725870725205_3388210704447783839_n.jpg      

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1.0-9/10170791_10202725869165166_3090270141522963452_n.jpg

Here is the bannermans display.  I now have two kids who have asked a lawyer if me putting this display up  is grounds for being adopted!!!     WOMSAC SHED RULE

Edited by stross