Worldwide St Johnstone Fans - Player Sponsorship

AthensSaint

Guest The Great Paddy Buckley

Ach well I suppose I had better just get my arse away from the computer and go to the games if I am not allowed to join the secret 17  :wink:

Oohh... do we get a membership card, tree house and lashings and lashings of ginger beer?

Fellow Exiles, I have been in communication with the club and the testimonial committee about WAP Exile sponsorship interest for the new season. After gauging opinion on how the majority would like to do this, I feel the Ando matchball sponsorship meets best our first season sponsorship plan. The most pleasing thing is the vast majority of us just want to contribute in some way, so hopefully as a group, we are in agreement on this one. Next season - we will of course do something else.

I think everyone agrees that Steven Anderson deserves to be acknowledged by the overseas fans for his ten years of service to the club without any other considerations. The fact that he made history by scoring the first ever St Johnstone goal in a Scottish Cup Final just adds to why this is the right sponsorship for WAP Exiles for this season. In addition, we are as a group getting far more value over a normal SPFL game.                   

The Testimonial Committe very much appreciates the WAP Exiles offer to sponsor Ando's Testimonial matchball and would like to give you first refusal (need to know soonest so we can offer it on if you guys are no longer interested as there is huge interest in this). The cost is....£300. This will include signed match ball and top signed by Ando. Exile Saints will also get some form of a very much deserved write up in the programme. We have been approached by other maybe, more "business type" units but the testimonial committee and especially Ando himself are really chuffed about this offer as everyone was overwhelmed by the large overseas support at the Cup final.

unquote

The only small stumbling block is how we pay. For whatever reason, the testimonial committee are not comfortable with setting up a paypal account.  

I know we have many trusted supporters back home so will approach the likes of His Larkness, Mr St Johnstone (ghostie) or anyone else you/we know that we trust. If any ideas on how we set this up, best to PM rather than open debate. I hope by Monday that we have a conduit to deposit to and I will give details on PM.

Thanks to the Testimonial Committee for giving us first chance on this one.

I have set up a paypal account so why not put I in there and ill pay it through my bank account

Stanley, As a very trusted member of our wee Forum and a distinguished member of our armed services that would be great. If the club or testimonial committee come up with no alternative, I will take you up on your kind offer. Will PM you over the weekend.  

Nice touch doing the ball sponsorship.

Maybe some of you would consider player sponsorship individually? I met a couple of people at this year's sponsor's day who specifically told me that they sponsor a player because, due to wok commitments and/or distance, they dont get  season ticket. There were others there who attend every match and still sponsor a player and they were just normal Joe Public, not rich businessmen.  

Nice touch doing the ball sponsorship.

Maybe some of you would consider player sponsorship individually? I met a couple of people at this year's sponsor's day who specifically told me that they sponsor a player because, due to wok commitments and/or distance, they dont get  season ticket. There were others there who attend every match and still sponsor a player and they were just normal Joe Public, not rich businessmen.  

Malcolm,  the feeling was us overseas fans wanted to build on things after we had met over the cup final weekend. We feel this is a good way to do it. collectively and at reasonable expense. Not saying people cant contribute more. We have a target of three hundred pounds for Ando's match ball sponsorship. I don't think we collectively want to make it large. If an overseas individual wants to do there own sponsorship, then cool. It is all benefit to the club  :) .