Worldwide St Johnstone Fans - Player Sponsorship

AthensSaint

Put me down for a tenner. Highland saints have a thread about the sponsorship as well they are having a draw for the meet the player element of the sponsorship. We could do the same say we had the draw just before Christmas? That would give people time to get transport organised over. If I win you will have to redraw will be struggling to get over next year.

Athens, Why you thinking so small here? With you being the Greek shipping magnate tight with Spiros Latsis, Angelopolous etc and and my oil and gas connections its surely time 'worldwide saints' simply bought the club and push for championship football, surely the timing is perfect with a lack-luster cellik beast?

That aside, count me in for whatever, although my preference (per the other thread) remains some kind of shared Season ticket option, perhaps a few of them. Could be a pool of tickets paid by WWS that grows over time and puts more bums on seats. When no WWS are in town tickets could be given to others more in need, local schools etc.

Hibs fans donate money to buy kids season tickets to allow the less fortunate in the community attend games.

As saints allow under 12's free - it might be worth a think to purchase season tickets for the elderly or disabled, which can be monitored by a local charity and given too a different eligible person in the community each home game.

Just an idea.....

What is the appetite to have a "WAP WorldWide St Johnstone Fans" player sponsorship. I feel we want to remain close to the club but a season ticket does not make sense for most of us. Player sponsorship is what, in the region of 300 pounds ish ???  We get our name in highlights in the programme. We get a signed shirt which maybe we can get framed and hung in The Barossa, Ormonds, CherryBank.....wherever. Im up for throwing in a contribution. Maybe somebody trusted like Myspazz would allow us to use his paypal. I dunno what to suggest as a throw in but thirty x 10 pounds might not be hard on the wallet. Think we could manage thirty ??? It is just an idea so looking for otehr suggestions if anyone up for it. Think we would have to work on it soon though.

Athens Saint.  

Yankee Saints is in Love it Athens

OK, I spoke with the club. Player sponsorship is basically running out........fast.

It is three hundred pounds. Last years sponsors have first dips and many renewing which is great for the club.

Most eye catching is Muzz away, Tam Scobbie away, Liam Caddis away, Gaz Miller away. I guess by posting this they will go even quicker. 

Please indicate if you want to be part of this either on this thread or PM me.

Matchball sponsorship is 500 pounds and is maybe more than we want in the spirit of what we are trying to achieve ???

Kinda love the matcball sponsirship as a one off you can represent us and we can do a drwa for the tickets that day and maybe all get together with our flags what a day at McDarmid all the colors with the flags

OK, I spoke with the club. Player sponsorship is basically running out........fast.

It is three hundred pounds. Last years sponsors have first dips and many renewing which is great for the club.

Most eye catching is Muzz away, Tam Scobbie away, Liam Caddis away, Gaz Miller away. I guess by posting this they will go even quicker. 

Please indicate if you want to be part of this either on this thread or PM me.

Matchball sponsorship is 500 pounds and is maybe more than we want in the spirit of what we are trying to achieve ???

Where can I find out who is available for sponsorship and who has sponsored who?

I count seventeen pledges of a tenner as of this morning. So more than half way for a player sponsorship. With some people pledging more than the minimum I can reckon we can do this. I am trying to avoid one huge contribution as I would like us to all just pitch in much the same so we avoid "Mr Overseas St Johnstone" barbed comments :wink: .

A mixed reaction on how we sponsor which is great. I want to make this simple and easy so keep this in mind when posting ideas as once agreed and paid no stewardship required.

The club have been in contact and are very complimentary about our plans and enthusiasim and of course open to helping us.

If we go down the road of player sponsorship then do we push for;

1. First new signing 

2. We sponsor one of the young kids (Caddis away was still available)

3. Who cares as long as the club are benefiting.

Matchball sponsorship/season ticket still up for debate.             

Great Idea Captain Haddock. If I can do anything for you from this end, just give me a shout. :wink: 

Gordon, If we do get this up and running (which we will) its the money collection issue and stewardship that I need help with. MySpazz has a paypal, anyone else ?? Basically, not prepared to leave myself open to accusations. We will def get the 300 for a player. Probably would get the 500 for matchball game. I am less enthuasiastic on a shared season ticket unless someone is prepared to take ownership/stewardship and I dont think the club will want to get in to the realms of season ticket transfer issues . So...how do I or the club collect the money ???? PM me on anything even slightly controversial. JM     

Where can I find out who is available for sponsorship and who has sponsored who?

For this coming season, I dont think you will be able to find out who the confirmed sponsors are at this stage. If you go on the OS, details on who to find out who is available. Club told me that a large percentage of last season sponsors are taking up first option on renewal. This is fantastic for the club. If it was my choice, I would want us overseas geezers to sponsor an U20 starlet.