Yes Or Naw?

rik2304

181 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not at all that's your view and opinion and I respect that and agree it maybe would be like that in the early years but then slowly but surely the jobs for the boys culture or however you want to dress it up would creep in and we would see all the things happening that are going on now. It's human nature whether you I or anyonelse like it or not where there's money, humans and an easy means to gain more money by legal or not so legal methods it'll happen. Do you think our politicians or big businesses are any different from those down south?

I've already explained to you in this thread why politicians in Scotland  they are down south and why they aren't open to abuse by corporate lobbyists. Perhaps that's the reason why big business tried desperately to influence democracy to achieve a no vote. Take Deutsche Bank's intervention,  despite their shocking record of fraud and corruption.

No one can guarantee how an independent Scotland would behave towards big business. I'd like to think we'd have a fairer government that, unlike London, acted in the interests of its citizens rather than corporate interests. But most people voted No, so we'll never know.

I've already explained to you in this thread why politicians in Scotland they are down south and why they aren't open to abuse by corporate lobbyists. Perhaps that's the reason why big business tried desperately to influence democracy to achieve a no vote. Take Deutsche Bank's intervention, despite their shocking record of fraud and corruption.

No one can guarantee how an independent Scotland would behave towards big business. I'd like to think we'd have a fairer government that, unlike London, acted in the interests of its citizens rather than corporate interests. But most people voted No, so we'll never know.

That's correct we'll never know but don't think Scottish politicians would be any different, where's there's a will there's a way. You not getting fed up by now?:-P;-)

I think you have a bitter outlook on life. You're convinced that everyone is motivated by avarice. But while envious of the greedy rich, you're contemptuous of the poor and scorn immigrants based on nothing other than the faith they were born into.

You don't discuss; you offer ignorant views that you can't defend. Conversations are circular as you ask the same questions that have already been answered. Your myopic views are so discredited that I suspect your only remaining move is to pretend you've been ironic.

So yes, in some senses, it's pointless trying reason with you. But unless I and others did, visitors to this forum might think that your dull-witted and frequently abusive bigotry is acceptable.

I think you have a bitter outlook on life. You're convinced that everyone is motivated by avarice. But while envious of the greedy rich, you're contemptuous of the poor and scorn immigrants based on nothing other than the faith they were born into.

You don't discuss; you offer ignorant views that you can't defend. Conversations are circular as you ask the same questions that have already been answered. Your myopic views are so discredited that I suspect your only remaining move is to pretend you've been ironic.

So yes, in some senses, it's pointless trying reason with you. But unless I and others did, visitors to this forum might think that your dull-witted and frequently abusive bigotry is acceptable.

I can only laugh at that because quite frankly that's what it is laughable. I'm envious of no one and abusive bigotry? Don't think so. By the way I asked you three questions in another thread that you somehow have failed to answer. If you want to start making this into a personal attack then bring it on.

Oh and by the way go and take a look at the 52 conflicts going on around the world and tell me the race that's involved in 50 of them. Parents asked to leave a bus for singing peppa pig to their daughter because it offended a Muslim! KFC withdrawing hand wipes because they contain alcohol and that offends muslims. I could go on. Their religion is a poison eroding away at this country from the inside and people like you are blind to it

Oh and by the way go and take a look at the 52 conflicts going on around the world and tell me the race that's involved in 50 of them. Parents asked to leave a bus for singing peppa pig to their daughter because it offended a Muslim! KFC withdrawing hand wipes because they contain alcohol and that offends muslims. I could go on. Their religion is a poison eroding away at this country from the inside and people like you are blind to it

You already claimed in your defence in a previous post that Mississippi aren't a race but a religion.

What's changed?

There are blond bue eyed Moslems in Croatia, there are African Moslems there are India subcontenant Moslems, Asian Moslems, there are Turkemann Moslems,and of course Arab Molslems so how are they a race.

Interestingly Moslem Kurds are being persecuted by other Moslems because of being a different race.

Thanks for the patronising observation but they all follow the one book.Some are more radical than others and it's those that spread the poison. Perhaps I shouldve broke it down a bit rather than a generalisation of Muslims right across the board because there are decent ones in amongst them. I suggest some of you go and have an afternoon reading the Koran then see where your views lie

simple benefit scroungers sit on their arse and expect handouts for heehaw, not all I might add. While I don't wholly agree with the guys at the top end fiddling swindling etc I admire them for being clever enough to try it and get away with it. As I said it's went on for yrs and always will. Just like wee eck staying in a £5000 a night suite at gleneagles last week, now if I had the view of many on here I could say that 5 grand could've fed some of perth homeless

Still not getting your logic with this. You don't admire the poor for "being clever enough to try it and get away with it", but you do admire the rich for doing it? Both have "gone on for years and always will" - why is that relevant to it being OK or not. There are people in the House of Lords who could easily be argued to be "sitting on their arse and expecting handouts for heehaw" - do you "admire" them? How about the Royal family, who are arguably the biggest benefit scroungers of the lot of them.

Really don't get your point on Alex Salmond either. Are you saying it's a bad thing to suggest that the five grand he spent on a Gleneagles suite could be spent on the homeless?

Thanks for the patronising observation but they all follow the one book.Some are more radical than others and it's those that spread the poison. Perhaps I shouldve broke it down a bit rather than a generalisation of Muslims right across the board because there are decent ones in amongst them. I suggest some of you go and have an afternoon reading the Koran then see where your views lie

Yup, that's basically it. So what you're really saying is that some Muslims are dicks and some Muslims aren't. Just like some Christians/Buddhists/Norwegians/firefighters are dicks and others aren't. That's why it's so ridiculous of you to try to tar one racial or religious group with the same brush in the first place. You've displayed the same narrow-minded prejudice that makes all racism and bigotry incredibly easy to pick holes in and argue against, although at least to your credit you now seem to be back-peddling and correcting yourself.

I haven't read the Koran from cover to cover although I am familiar with bits and pieces of it. Have an afternoon reading the Christian Bible and you'll see some absolutely horrendous acts justified in the name of God. But that doesn't mean all Christians stick to those laws - because, in the end, very few people genuinely take their morality entirely from one book. So wouldn't it be better for you to just take individuals as you find them, rather than lumping everyone together into groups and deciding you don't like "Muslims", or "immigrants", or whatever other stereotype you've lazily decided to dislike?

Thank you for your comment I did not mean to be patronising but just to clarify an inaccurate point you made that Moslems were a race.