Yes Or Naw?

rik2304

181 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Thanks...that's cleared that up!

However I did actually know about both, I just believe both should be treated the same and any loopholes closed in order that taxes are collected, just as the MP''s have managed to close the loophole which let us all know they were claiming false expenses!

Tax evasion is avoiding payment of tax by illegal means, tax avoidance is avoidance of tax by legal means.

However I did actually know about both, I just believe both should be treated the same and any loopholes closed in order that taxes are collected, just as the MP''s have managed to close the loophole which let us all know they were claiming false expenses!

New head of Parliamentary pay who suggested the mps 10% pay rise. is now trying to get mps who fiddle there expenses to stay anonymous  

You don't have an answer to whether or not you think something is OK?? That's odd - you seem so opinionated about everything else, but you have no opinion on companies who dodge tax, no opinion on corporate swindlers, no opinion on MPs fiddling their expenses?

Thanks for the kind job offer by the way, but I'm not especially interested in either becoming an accountant or working for you.

that's ok that's you're choice which you are entitled to. If you could get away with all of the fiddling you mention above would you do it? Can't say I agree with it but it goes on always has went on and always will go on. It's human nature it goes hand in hand with greed, the more you get the more you want Edited by saintee4life

Q: What was missing from the lives of the following people:

A: A good accountant.

don't know what you are tryin to prove with this drivel

Q: What was missing from the lives of the following people:

A: A good accountant.

Bearing in mind these days a good accountant usually means a bent accountant.

Agreed.  It seems quite suspicious that the UK government hires tax "experts" from the big international accounting companies to draft tax legislation.  These guys then go and sell their expert knowledge of the loopholes they've helped build in to companies large enough to afford them :(

that's ok that's you're choice which you are entitled to. If you could get away with all of the fiddling you mention above would you do it? Can't say I agree with it but it goes on always has went on and always will go on. It's human nature it goes hand in hand with greed, the more you get the more you want

I agree with you, but the point is, why do you have the above view on corporate/high-end swindling, but not on "benefit scroungers"? Everything you've just said could just as easily be applied to those who take the hand-outs you bemoaned earlier in this thread. 

Who costs us more money, bankers / corporations or so called scroungers.

Now that question is a bit leading, need to a bit more balanced when asking such things! You shoulda said:

"Who costs us more money, scum sucking moronic bankers / tax dodging b****** corporations, or "so called" scroungers?"

:-p

I agree with you, but the point is, why do you have the above view on corporate/high-end swindling, but not on "benefit scroungers"? Everything you've just said could just as easily be applied to those who take the hand-outs you bemoaned earlier in this thread.

simple benefit scroungers sit on their arse and expect handouts for heehaw, not all I might add. While I don't wholly agree with the guys at the top end fiddling swindling etc I admire them for being clever enough to try it and get away with it. As I said it's went on for yrs and always will. Just like wee eck staying in a £5000 a night suite at gleneagles last week, now if I had the view of many on here I could say that 5 grand could've fed some of perth homeless

simple benefit scroungers sit on their arse and expect handouts for heehaw, not all I might add. While I don't wholly agree with the guys at the top end fiddling swindling etc I admire them for being clever enough to try it and get away with it. As I said it's went on for yrs and always will. Just like wee eck staying in a £5000 a night suite at gleneagles last week, now if I had the view of many on here I could say that 5 grand could've fed some of perth homeless

So you admire rich folks that screw the system but not the poor ones?

As above by a country mile! No argument, it is Billions and billions!

benefit scrounging amounts to 100 million at the most. the tax dodgers could wipe out the national debt with one payment!

To get it into even context, the UK spends more on interest payments for its national debt every four days that it loses to benefit fraud over an entire year.

As could the millions of pounds that buisness hides from the tax man.

Or the billions of pounds squandered on illegal wars

Or the Trident Missile's that we don't even own but pay for

Or the salaries of career politicians (not forgetting expenses and bonuses gifts etc) in it for the money.

Bankers as above.

This country (or it's governments) are quite happy to piss away money as long as it doesn't go where it's needed.

As could the millions of pounds that buisness hides from the tax man.

Or the billions of pounds squandered on illegal wars

Or the Trident Missile's that we don't even own but pay for

Or the salaries of career politicians (not forgetting expenses and bonuses gifts etc) in it for the money.

Bankers as above.

This country (or it's governments) are quite happy to piss away money as long as it doesn't go where it's needed.

And the big question is, do you think it would be any different in an independent Scotland?

And the big question is, do you think it would be any different in an independent Scotland?

Me? Personally?

Yes I do think it would be different.

A country without Tory's would be different, without the jobs for the boys culture would be different.

A country that spends it's money on it's people instead of trying to kill other countries people would be different.

So yes I do think it would be different.

( and cue the speil on how naive I am and how we can only exist within the union)

Me? Personally?

Yes I do think it would be different.

A country without Tory's would be different, without the jobs for the boys culture would be different.

A country that spends it's money on it's people instead of trying to kill other countries people would be different.

So yes I do think it would be different.

( and cue the speil on how naive I am and how we can only exist within the union)

Not at all that's your view and opinion and I respect that and agree it maybe would be like that in the early years but then slowly but surely the jobs for the boys culture or however you want to dress it up would creep in and we would see all the things happening that are going on now. It's human nature whether you I or anyonelse like it or not where there's money, humans and an easy means to gain more money by legal or not so legal methods it'll happen. Do you think our politicians or big businesses are any different from those down south?