Yes Or Naw?

rik2304

181 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Even if they cannot get back to holding office in parliament (and I don't know if this is the case) they usually get help from the Old Boys Club and their network of business friends only too happy to have a minister with influence! as part of the board

There's nothing to prevent someone with past misdemeanors becoming an MP. Current MPs are only disqualified if they are detained for any offence for more than a year. Their seat becomes vacant. 

Even if they cannot get back to holding office in parliament (and I don't know if this is the case) they usually get help from the Old Boys Club and their network of business friends only too happy to have a minister with influence! as part of the board

Will that apply to Tommy Sheridan who seems a decent guy and well liked by many on this thread?

And the current head off mps remuneration board wants to ban future mps names being published if convicted off expenses fiddling , got to be something brewing them.

Question....

Does the fact you have been convicted and jailed for any of the above criminal actions not exclude you from holding office in parliament or any level of government?

How many if any have been convicted, sentenced and then walked back into their positions they held?

If an MP is jailed for over a year they are forced to stand down, but I think I'm right in saying there's nothing to stop them standing again once they got out - whether or not they'd get in again is another matter. MP Ex-cons seem to quietly disappear into cushy jobs outside parliament so make of that what you will.

On the other hand, it could be said that a conviction in the Irish Republic hasn't done Martin McGuinness's political career any harm.

If an MP is jailed for over a year they are forced to stand down, but I think I'm right in saying there's nothing to stop them standing again once they got out - whether or not they'd get in again is another matter. MP Ex-cons seem to quietly disappear into cushy jobs outside parliament so make of that what you will.

On the other hand, it could be said that a conviction in the Irish Republic hasn't done Martin McGuinness's political career any harm.

He is still detested by many in the province and elswhere. A terrorist in different clothing.

There's nothing to prevent someone with past misdemeanors becoming an MP. Current MPs are only disqualified if they are detained for any offence for more than a year. Their seat becomes vacant. 

Cue Blackadder 3rd.  

Blackadder is filling up Baldrick's MP application form, he comes to the question - "Any criminal record?"

Baldrick - "None".

Blackadder - "Oh come on you're applying to be an MP for god's sake!  I'll just put down Fraud, Rape and Murder, that should do it"

NO voters will never.....EVER be able to moan about ANYTHING our (westminster) government does EVER again!

so feck off no voters. don't moan about anything our scare mongering / war mongering shitey government does ever again because YOU have voted for scotland NEVER to have a say in anything.

didn't realise there were so masonic sheep in scotland until this vote, bahh bah feckin bah

NO voters will never.....EVER be able to moan about ANYTHING our (westminster) government does EVER again!

so feck off no voters. don't moan about anything our scare mongering / war mongering shitey government does ever again because YOU have voted for scotland NEVER to have a say in anything.

didn't realise there were so masonic sheep in scotland until this vote, bahh bah feckin bah

You need to change your location Sid you appear to have moved on.

t***

t***

There you go again Saintee for Life....

You may be lucky because you run 2 businesses, have money and are healthy, probably look down on those poor unfortunates who have not.

However smugness is not a nice quality to hold, neither is an 'I'm all right Jack' attitude, but sadly both qualities held in abundance by the NO camp.

I do hope you manage to hang on to your wealth and your health, because there will be no Welfare system or NHS.

You have been warned...mind you by that time we will be governed by UKIP so I do hope you aren't foreign!?

There you go again Saintee for Life....

You may be lucky because you run 2 businesses, have money and are healthy, probably look down on those poor unfortunates who have not.

However smugness is not a nice quality to hold, neither is an 'I'm all right Jack' attitude, but sadly both qualities held in abundance by the NO camp.

I do hope you manage to hang on to your wealth and your health, because there will be no Welfare system or NHS.

You have been warned...mind you by that time we will be governed by UKIP so I do hope you aren't foreign!?

That my friend is nonsense and I do hope you are right about UKIP

Is Gordon Brown beginning to panic that Westminster MAY have pulled the wool over his eyes HE seems to be shitting his pants as HE ensured everything was going to be delivered on time and they now seem to be dragging their feet.

Could this see the end of GB if there is a U-turn ?

hope so, he is a prize clown and i never believe a word that comes out his fat mouth anyway.

Is Gordon Brown beginning to panic that Westminster MAY have pulled the wool over his eyes HE seems to be shitting his pants as HE ensured everything was going to be delivered on time and they now seem to be dragging their feet.

Could this see the end of GB if there is a U-turn ?

He more than anybody knew what the Tories were like...so no excuses, he has spent years alongside their sharp practices...prior to the vote down our own wee Perth High Street of a Saturday you had Labour & Tory councillors side by side toadying up to one another!? Jointly shouting down independence & talking up the 'benefits' of the union! Something I felt was totally repugnant!

So Mr Brown you can dry those crocodile tears ....you knew exactly what you were doing & you knew exactly what to expect & now you are going to get the government you voted for & deserve!?

Ex Chancellor and Prime Minister who watched over the banking scandal and did nothing....no wait a minute...did he not sell off all our Gold Reserves?

Yet another Westminster politician that ignored Scotland, but why should we be surprised, they've all been doing it for decades...mibbee even centuries!

What do the people of Scotland who voted NO.. understand about Social Justice, it's as important to everyone, but somehow it will be ignored now!  

hope so, he is a prize clown and i never believe a word that comes out his fat mouth anyway.