Perth Arcades

saint-johns-toun

if theres one thing I miss its a day at the arcade, when growing up I spent almost every Saturday either in the milk bar (as us kids knew it) or park avenue amusements or even the dodgy one next to the kings bingo, and every giro day we'd take a trip to scumdee for the massive arcade they had there.

nowadays I make do with the arcade machine in my house.

did anyone else here frequent the perth arcades???

Had a wee habit of going to these dives as a teenager .loved the original Asteroid game where you would have to kill yoursel at 99,999 to get the high score, Doug McConnell was the world champion at it I think. Galaxion was a decent game too and a game called tank commander I think . Oh the memories.

I used to play the asteriod in Goldrush in Kinnnoul Street. Trying to impress my bird with my score.

I liked the 2p bandit in the one in methven street (thnk that's the name of the street), and there was a brilliant football table with a ball thing that you had to roll Like Fk to get the players to run, not like track and field. this game was a table....i used to spend all my money on it at the arcade that was next to where Roxanne's eventually ended up.... can't remember the name of the place....might have been park avenue?

Edited by MySpazz

I used to go down to the Oasis Cafe (La Serie A) back in the day.  One single pinball machine which we used to knock f*** out of.

The place was always busy with black guys from the aerodrome, and no shortage of fat ugly women.

The rumour was that there was a brothel upstairs, but being around 12 at the time, I never did find out.....................................honest.

I liked the 2p bandit in the one in methven street (thnk that's the name of the street), and there was a brilliant football table with a ball thing that you had to roll Like Fk to get the players to run, not like track and field. this game was a table....i used to spend all my money on it at the arcade that was next to where Roxanne's eventually ended up.... can't remember the name of the place....might have been park avenue?

Not sure but the tu'penny nudger was a no bad 2p machine. Still get but are newer machines and not as good.

Milk bar and park avenue on a Saturday before the football