Motm Hearts 4 - Saints 3 - 02/08/15

ex-montrosesaintee

MOTM Hearts 4 - Saints 3 - 02/08/15  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Do you think we should vote if we listen to a full game live on the radio? I've scanned all 15 pages of the scoring system rules, as well as all the appendices and footnotes, but found nothing.

I think you vote if you think you have  heard/seen enough to make a fair choice.

Where is the "none of the above" option?

Gone, you don't need to vote if you don't think anyone deserved it. Me, and several others thought that a bit of thought usually means you can identify someone who contributed even in a shocking performance.

I've noticed that the 'none of the above' option was always voted for in the first hour after games. It was a knee jerk option that avoided proper thought. Unfair on players who bust a gut IMO.

Gone, you don't need to vote if you don't think anyone deserved it. Me, and several others thought that a bit of thought usually means you can identify someone who contributed even in a shocking performance.

I've noticed that the 'none of the above' option was always voted for in the first hour after games. It was a knee jerk option that avoided proper thought. Unfair on players who bust a gut IMO.

a very sensible answer thank you. As I went to vote I realised even though it was a fairly decent performance by the team I don't think anybody played well enough to be voted MOTM.

Where is the "none of the above" option?

If none of the above the above has been removed it has to be replaced, otherwise someone abstaining cannot see the vote. At this moment in time you are forced to choose a MOM to see the result of the poll. A simple abstain would suffice and it would not effect the result of the poll

If none of the above the above has been removed it has to be replaced, otherwise someone abstaining cannot see the vote. At this moment in time you are forced to choose a MOM to see the result of the poll. A simple abstain would suffice and it would not effect the result of the poll

Eh, no....there is a view result only option is there not?

Edited by Edstar101

Went for Shaughnessy. Two of our goals came either directly or indirectly from his ridiculously long throw.

I feel like a total hater, but I really didn't see what Lappin added yesterday? He obviously scored the goal and it was a very good run, but aside from that I thought he was a bit slow getting back, didn't provide much going forward?

I wouldn't mind seeing him get a run on the left wing all the same - Sutton and Lappin did well together previously, so think he could provide the ammunition required for Sutton to score.

Went for Shaughnessy. Obviously wasn't the bet defensive peformance but don't think he was realy at falt for any of the goals. His throws provided 2 of our goals. 1st time in a long time I can remeber Saints having someone who can produce a dangerous throw like that. Should get us a few goals this season

Our wee Joe is Rory Delap reborn. I'd have him chucking it into the mixer from both sides tbh.

I remember him delivering a long throw onto the penalty spot for Aberdeen against us a couple of seasons back, and thinking it was a great weapon, but rarely utilised by Aberdeen.  It was my main reason for excitement when we signed him, because we have players who can feed off that kind of delivery.  

If anything he's even better at it than I remembered.  I was going to suggest that tynecastle is quite a narrow pitch, but it's only 3 yards narrower than the max of 75 yards (which most premiership grounds are).