Paul Paton Poll

Bev Callard

Should Saints sign Paton?  

118 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There's no doubt in my mind he will be a decent signing for us and do a good job. His tweet about signing for Saints was a classy one too. I don't like his political views or his thuggish nature, but he's a Saints player now so I will get behind him.

On a seperate note, Bev, never change. 

what are his political views?

I think this is a great piece of business by Saints and I'm expecting him to be a massive player for us next season.

Probably correct that he's made mistakes in the past, but if there's one thing I trust Tommy Wright to do, it's choose the right sort of character for our dressing room. If the guy was as big an arse as people are making out on here, or any sort of trouble maker, then I don't believe Tommy would have any interest in signing him.

I think that is more down to the reduced income United expect rather than him being on a massive salary.

I realise that, and that we are still top division, but getting nearly double our gate last season you'd expect them to at least match it this season.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to find matching his Utd salary would put him in our top two or three earners if not higher

From reading his interview he suggested it was important for him to be playing top flight football to try and get in the NI squad so maybe took lesser wages with an eye on the bonuses that the squad keep mentioning.

Maybe he took a pay cut for the satisfaction of coming to Saints to wind up some folks on here :)