Chris Millar Testimonial

Jad

Quite entertaining for a friendly. Very impressed with the Aberdeen Wright...our own one was quite quiet but showed a few good touches.

Gordon had a good second half winning almost all the headers he went for.

Quite liked the wee cameo of the trialist, although I am not sure if he's a great deal better than what we have. What he does look like having is the pace to run in behind, which McMillan won't do.

Much like Habran last season, not sure there is enough for the club to take a chance, although I would have thought he'd be a much cheaper option in wages etc than Habran.

Good day and build up to Chris Millar Testimonial today. Firstly thanks to Gordon Muir for asking me to be part of a team of raffle ticket sellers, along with my second man Brian Cooper and ' the other team' Darlene Macdonald Reuben  Garry Bannerman It was a good laugh and jokingly  competitive  angd well done to Ruebens team won by a mile. The important thing here though is we sold over 500 of Tickets for Chris. 
Thanks to Gordon for sorting entrance to game and Programme for us all as payment. Bonus was getting snaps with Legends Frazer Wright and Dave McKay  and Coops.
Well done to the many Aberdeen fans who bought tickets too.Thank you ( except you Liz Harpham) he he)
To the game,it was a decent run out for most of the squad and we took the lead after 5 minutes with David Wetherspoons customary pre season goal.The long haired hippy guy (No 17 ) No idea who he is? pulled the Dons level about 20 or so minutes in 
Half time was a laugh with the heavy weight 
S Allan Preston Roddy Grant Paul Kane    joining  Jim Weir Daniel Joseph Griffin John O'Neill  miss most of there pens v Midge Paddy Gregg Dave McKay  Frazer Wright  and Lee Croft  scoring some of there pens
Well done good fun
The second half saw loads of changes  Drey Wright has some nice touches Liam Gordon looks like a tower of strength at the back , Scougal was excellent The Swiss trialist got last 15 minutes or so, not enough time to judge 
One time Saints loan target Scott Wright put Aberdeen 2.1 up and Greg Husrt on as a sub and looking as good as any of our strikers scored a great goal  but went off injured shortly after 
2.2 Final Score .
Chris Millar thank you for your ten years at Saints you deserved every second of today, I thought I was gonna greet when you started to break down a bit at your speech 
All the best pal , see you at your boxing Dinner, good luck at  the Muppet men, I
Unless you play us in the Cups ( Obviously )

Wotherspoon ran the show & scored a great goal. As with Sunderland last season I hope that's not his high point again.

Gordon was immense in second half but Ando was himself & you never know where the ball is going to go.

We played with a back 4 today & if that's the way we going to set up then I think Kerr & Gordon should be centre backs.

Been a great, if somewhat tiring day, as part of the Chris Millar testimonial committee with Chris's match against Aberdeen. Was a very successful day with a decent turnout and quite a good match to boot. I would like to thank a few people on behalf of Chris for their help today. Gav Stewart, Darlene Macdonald, Garry Bannerman, Brian Cooper and Betty Young for their help selling raffle tickets prematch. And also to Brian from Aberdeen who did the Dons gate. The raffle was a great success. Also like to thank all my fellow committee members who have worked tirelessly over the last few months to get the game organised. Thanks to Saints for their work and to the staff at McD for the great hospitality today. To Paul Smith who just works and works and gets stuff done.  To all the Saints fans who attended today and gave Chris their support. Thanks to the decent Dons support that turned up as well. Thanks to Roddy Grant, Frazer Wright Paddy Gregg, Biscuits, Kano, Nathan Lowndes, Crofty, Dave Mackay and Danny Griffin for giving their time up to take part in the half time penalty shoot out.. Finally to the Saints exiles for their match ball sponsorship in memory of the late Captain John ( Singapore Saint) Marnoch. The game finished 2-2 but on a day like this, that was probably the least important thing that happened. Been braw.. well apart fae Chris Millar bubbling like a bairn during his speech at the end..  lolololololo MAN UP MILLAR..:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: