Pre season frendlies

Davey

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't want a pre season friendly against Premiership opposition - it does nothing for us - we need to play teams that will give us a good work out to achieve something.

I'd pray for a tour down South, the excuse has always been lack of funds but surely some cup money could be designated to that - would be a great trip for the fans too, but don't see it happening like every other pre season!

A jaunt to Inverurie etc again on the cards!

I'd love Elgin away personally, never been to that ground and don't expect us to be going up there in the enxt few years unless of cups!

Guest Nairn Saint

I would love to see Saints grace Nairn County's Station Park. OC could run the rule over David McRae ex ICT who is wasted at Highland League level.

Think we need a set of fixtures that will test the players, this tour of the highlands is not working for us every year since coming down we have done it we have had a poor start.

Having said that the highlands tour would not be a bad thing if off the back of it we played some testing teams to build match sharpness and competetive edge, not the likes of Forfar, Brechin we should be stepping up to similar to then better teams after blowing the cobwebs away oop North.

I dont buy this winning to build confidence bit you need to play better players to get sharper and better I would rather get beaten 4-0 in a competitive game against a top team than like last year piss about doing feck all with 90% possession and get beaten from Forfar I know what is worse for moral

season!

A jaunt to Inverurie etc again on the cards!

Yippee, would be good for the home away game again. was funny last year when OC was going round the Loco's fans saying thanks and shaking hands then walks over and here me with ma Saints top on in a big group of Loco's boys.

always a good crack, and plenty of goals ta boot.

How about even a wee trip to Ireland again? A wee change of scenery without the hassle associated with knuckle draggers down South and if planned in advance mind not be too costly. Standard across there is surely a bit better than Highland League, Forfar, Brechin etc

How about even a wee trip to Ireland again? A wee change of scenery without the hassle associated with knuckle draggers down South and if planned in advance mind not be too costly. Standard across there is surely a bit better than Highland League, Forfar, Brechin etc

Would be my choice, never ben across the water so would be well up for that

Is the problem with Irish football not that they now play their league in the summer though, ergo they are mid-season when we are pre-season?

I think that's the case with the Eire teams (plus Derry) but not with the teams from the North. If memory serves we always used to do both.

On a related topic, who was it that got injured jumping over a wall on one of these trips? Harry Curran?

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting comment from Andy Walker in todays Sunday Mail.

"Well done to John Hughes and Falkirk for lining up the tasty pre-season clash with Ajax.

Yogi's players will learn a lot more in that 90 minutes than they would filling in a predictable trip to the north of Scotland to play junior teams so many clubs undertake."

They must of course be wrong as its obviously much better for a club to play Inverurie Loco etc. What on earth do Walker and Hughes know about it anyway???:rolleyes:

Interesting comment from Andy Walker in todays Sunday Mail.

"Well done to John Hughes and Falkirk for lining up the tasty pre-season clash with Ajax.

Yogi's players will learn a lot more in that 90 minutes than they would filling in a predictable trip to the north of Scotland to play junior teams so many clubs undertake."

They must of course be wrong as its obviously much better for a club to play Inverurie Loco etc. What on earth do Walker and Hughes know about it anyway???:rolleyes:

For once i agree with Andy Walker, Falkirk may take a battering from Ajax, but they will learn something, what can we take away from beating Inverurie 7,8,9 -0??