Pre season frendlies

Davey

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see that the Sainties are coming back down to Cowden. A wee day out in my home town.

Cowden gave the Saints a "challenge" last pre-season with the game ending 3.3. Looking forward to it already!

It was our reserve team that played though! Even Janczyk got a game!

With the utmost of respect to your home town, Central Park is probably my least favourite ground in Scotland, plus it always rains there.

Where does it say that?

Fingers uncrossed for Elgin this year, Oweny...don't do it!

It said a few days ago the club were still looking to fix up something for the weekend of Saturday 21st/Sunday 22nd July, with the Highlands or Ireland both possibilities.

Probably getting a bit late to organise Ireland though. :-|

Guest Mongy Max

I just don't see the point in playing teams of a lesser standard than us, the players will put in a lacklustre performance and that will give them no benefit or motivation for the start of the season. they all proved this year they are capable of playing against higher league oppostion and bettering them so why do we resign ourselves to shitey games like these? Push the boat out a bit and tour down South, 2nd and 3rd division English clubs would be a massive challenge to us, the likes of Bournemouth, Bristol City / Rovers, Swindon, Boston, Peterborough.

I just don't see the point in playing teams of a lesser standard than us, the players will put in a lacklustre performance and that will give them no benefit or motivation for the start of the season. they all proved this year they are capable of playing against higher league oppostion and bettering them so why do we resign ourselves to shitey games like these? Push the boat out a bit and tour down South, 2nd and 3rd division English clubs would be a massive challenge to us, the likes of Bournemouth, Bristol City / Rovers, Swindon, Boston, Peterborough.

It's about fitness and conditioning. When we were are in this league, playing these type of games suit us. In the First Division, we have the majority of the ball in most games so playing sides that will make us chase shadows is pointless.

It also comes down to would folk rather see us sign a player or play Peterborough in a friendly, as the money comes from the same budget.

Good to see that the Sainties are coming back down to Cowden. A wee day out in my home town.

Cowden gave the Saints a "challenge" last pre-season with the game ending 3.3. Looking forward to it already!

It would be great if the game went ahead. The Saints in our hometown would be great! Is it actually confirmed that the game is cancelled?... Cowden Sainties I'll have to prize you out of Wee J's to get you 2 see the game!! :o)

It would be great if the game went ahead. The Saints in our hometown would be great! Is it actually confirmed that the game is cancelled?... Cowden Sainties I'll have to prize you out of Wee J's to get you 2 see the game!! :o)

hope the cowden game is a saturday, could turn it into a wee session ;)

wee jimmys and the woodside braw

Guest Nairn Saint
...sad its off had already booked a table for four at the Tapas bar at the posh end of Cowdenbeath....Bet you never thought you'd read that...

Yer havin' a giraffe! :lol:

...sad its off had already booked a table for four at the Tapas bar at the posh end of Cowdenbeath....Bet you never thought you'd read that...

posh and cowdenbeath are 2 words i struggle to put together mate LAUGH OUT LOUD

i'd planned on a fish supper and bottle of irn bru :)