The Split

pezza70

If we try for draws, we'll get beat.  Match County's points and we're safe.  Fail and we're in the deep stuff.  The only solution is to get on the front foot from the very beginning.  Draw Aberdeen or even Motherwell back into the mire.  

We've been fortunate against County twice this season.  Third time lucky?    

8 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

We won’t win 3 games - nor do we need to.

Beat Ross County and secure 4 draws would see us safe. They won’t pick up three wins in four games - they’ve only won 7 all season!!

They have 3 games at home and they have beaten Hearts and Rangers at home. I am sure 3 wins is not beyond them.

On 4/19/2024 at 3:57 PM, R.B.B:- Adz said:

We won’t win 3 games - nor do we need to.

Beat Ross County and secure 4 draws would see us safe. They won’t pick up three wins in four games - they’ve only won 7 all season!!

I wouldn't be gigantically surprised to see County do just that. If they beat Livingston and go above us it'll give them a massive boost and they could easily go on to piece a run together. Even more of a boost to them if that win against Livingston takes them above us because we've sat in for a stuffy 0-0 or 1-1 against Hibs.

Edited by blueheaven
Original post made no sense!

11 hours ago, Strawman said:

My only ask for last 5 games, can we please get Stevie May involved, if not starting him, can we at least give him half an hour.

I agree May should be playing more, even if it just means giving him the last 25 minutes instead of the last 2. He's looked lively every time he's come on recently and I still say his workrate and all-round play offer us a lot of things that our other players don't. I think he'd be a better bet in the weird role that Levein has been trying to fit Nicky Clark into. And as much as I've complained about square pegs in round holes, I'm pretty confident May would bring a lot more to the left side of our midfield than Gallacher has.

19 hours ago, Cagey said:

They have 3 games at home and they have beaten Hearts and Rangers at home. I am sure 3 wins is not beyond them.

11 hours ago, blueheaven said:

I wouldn't be gigantically surprised to see County do just that. If they beat Livingston and go above us it'll give them a massive boost and they could easily go on to piece a run together. Even more of a boost to them if that win against Hibs takes them above us because we've sat in for a stuffy 0-0 or 1-1 against Hibs.

I can see us producing some sort of stuffy 0-0 draw or 1-1 draw against Hibs and it not.

Fancy a wager?

13 hours ago, blueheaven said:

I agree May should be playing more, even if it just means giving him the last 25 minutes instead of the last 2. He's looked lively every time he's come on recently and I still say his workrate and all-round play offer us a lot of things that our other players don't. I think he'd be a better bet in the weird role that Levein has been trying to fit Nicky Clark into. And as much as I've complained about square pegs in round holes, I'm pretty confident May would bring a lot more to the left side of our midfield than Gallacher has.

Stevie May is not the Stevie May of 11 years ago. There is a reason we tried to punt him in the transfer window. I watched a training session in early March after a funeral. I was there for about 30 minutes. It was heartbreaking to watch, sclaffing shots and well off the pace.....of a training session.

Stevie May sclaffed shots when he was scoring every week, he was never a particularly consistent ball striker even at his "best". People seem to have built up a myth about him that season the further into the past it goes.

He hit 10 goals last season and was a major part of the double winning season too creating goals.

On 4/14/2024 at 10:18 PM, RandomGuy said:

You understand they wouldn't match that, dont you?

I'd wager that Sidibeh and Kimpioka could hit double figures each if youre saying these teams main striker (Zak Rudden, Brian Graham, Nikolay Todorov) are great strikers.

You think ? And who do see that we have that could even give these guys any service to match your prediction!  The thing about these other 3 strikers is that they have at least half decent players to feed them. Our lot can’t even get a dead ball past the first man ( re Smith) wtf is he all about ? Anyway if this did not break any rules that has been signed up to on here with the moderator then I would take your wager to the benefit of our youth team a ton that these 2 will not get double figures each next season nor will If one leaves and when we go to championship the other won’t hit 10. 

I think we will lose some players on bans soon ,if not the next game.

McGowan on 8 yellows , Robinson on 7 and Kucheriavy on 7. Ban after 6 bookings I think.

Phillips on 11 and will get a 2 game ban after 12 bookings.

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

I think we will lose some players on bans soon ,if not the next game.

McGowan on 8 yellows , Robinson on 7 and Kucheriavy on 7. Ban after 6 bookings I think.

Phillips on 11 and will get a 2 game ban after 12 bookings.

The 6 game booking rule only counts for half a season, so after game 19 it raises to 12.