Full time or Part time football next season

pezza70

We are going to be in financial trouble this season after being knocked out of every cup competition in the first round & paying big wages to the likes of Scotland,Savo & James so I think going part time could be highly probable.

absolute nonsence! The Club will not have budgeted for any more than the first round of the Cup and as such will not be in financial trouble. As for the big wages do you honestly think we are paying thes guys anything like the sums we paid dodds etc. I think you will find that the overall wage bill for this year will be lower than last.

As for the initial question no we won't be part time, We already have a number of players on full time contracts.

Tbh, eventually it's going to get to the stage where we have to ask if it's worth having a full time club.

when it gets to that, we will end up like we were in the mid 80's. on a very slippery slope to the bottom. need to stay full time to have any chance of getting near the SPL again

absolute nonsence! The Club will not have budgeted for any more than the first round of the Cup and as such will not be in financial trouble. As for the big wages do you honestly think we are paying thes guys anything like the sums we paid dodds etc. I think you will find that the overall wage bill for this year will be lower than last.

As for the initial question no we won't be part time, We already have a number of players on full time contracts.

I don`t think we are paying these guys as much as Dodds etc but I am pretty sure they are amongst the highest paid in the league & with the crowds we are getting & likely to get worse I do think we will struggle to balance the books this season.

Clyde`s top earner is

The most successful Saints team I seen was the one in the late 60's an d early 70's. We qualified for the first version of the SPL then but when we were relegated we went part-time and went into decline for about 15 years during which we had one year in the Premier league (the only one) and consequently got relegated. It took the sale of Muirton Park to ASDA (now owned by Walmart) to give us the necessary financial push to get to the Premier league again plus we gained a new stadium. We went full-time in 1990 and have been around the Premier or hopeful of the Premier since. That's where we want to be and bigger crowds again. Part-time football is pointless.

I would rather have a team of part-timers who want to play football than a bunch of overpaid full time diddys. I can't believe we would be doing any worse at the moment with a pt team. Ronaldo makes a good argument for not going part time, but on balance I think Division 1 has far too many full time clubs (not to mention those in Div 2 (Partick and Gretna) which is just ridiculous).