Saints vs. Brechin City 18/09/07

Perth-Saint

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm....just going by sky sports. Noticed last season there were problems with the lighting inside the stands, could that be the cause? Health and safety and all that.

i think thats where the problem is although he says theres light on in the ormand stand!

Just got back home ..FU*KING shambles...We are turning into a joke. First Dundee game standing in the pissing rain for 45 minutes cos no first aiders had turned up and now game off for ??? well I,m not to sure ..Was it lighting and 'elf n saftey or were the turnstyles jammed .I don,t really know cos no one from the club could be arsed to tell us. They told 10 fans at the front of the queue and that was that........

We are turning into a laughing stock who couldnae run a raffle..I accept that things go wrong but it was handled in a totally amateur way with no information what so ever ..For Fu*k sake Saints get this sorted PLEEEEAASE...

Seems to have been the lighting at the north end of the Main Stand. For some reason this means we can't a) shut that end of the stand and put everyone in one end - there are 2000 seats that are not in that end of the stand and everyone would have had room to spare, or B) shove everyone into the East Stand. Bizarre.

Seems to have been the lighting at the north end of the Main Stand. For some reason this means we can't a) shut that end of the stand and put everyone in one end - there are 2000 seats that are not in that end of the stand and everyone would have had room to spare, or B) shove everyone into the East Stand. Bizarre.

So I take it the polis put the game off then!

Some junior clubs are run better than Saints.

Big queue ,Rock Steady guy said lighting problem. Some noise from tannoy & big rush to East Stand & everyone followed. Gates shut with no sign of anything happening then a crowd of folk from mainstand started to move to Crieff Road & we all followed.

How much have they spent on ground improvements instead of players. Could they not install a tannoy that you could hear outside the groung. How long does it take to mend a fuse or do the not have a sparky on standby(£50).

We are an amatureish joke

Fact is the lights in main stand went dimmer (not out). Police stated was a problem due to it. Saints wanted and tried everything to let fans in east stand (i was ready to go and open a turnstile) but due to logistics of it - police called it off.

Hardly anything saints can do with this one. All anger should be vented towards Taysides Finest.

Fact is the lights in main stand went dimmer (not out). Police stated was a problem due to it. Saints wanted and tried everything to let fans in east stand (i was ready to go and open a turnstile) but due to logistics of it - police called it off.

Hardly anything saints can do with this one. All anger should be vented towards Taysides Finest.

That might be the case but surely some staff from the club could have come out and informed the fans in the queue rather than not bother their arses..Police or not, Saints don't come out of this with much credibility..You,ll not wriggle out of this shambles

That might be true, but leaving 100s of people standing outside in the pissing rain and then not telling them the game is actually cancelled is not on. I went to that game with someone who hasn't been to see Saints in years, and they thought it was ridiculous. I'm used to what a joke the stewards are; but after travelling from Dundee for that I'm not best pleased.

agreed but some folk are awffy quick to let rip without knowing facts

I agree the whole thing is a bit of a farce but heh, its not the first game to be postponed nor the last on the police say so's.

Anyway, might be a blessing, making sure the team all fit for morton at weekend.

Are you Stewart Duffs PR man or what????

i think thats where the problem is although he says theres light on in the ormand stand!

that would be me then. Totally bizarre the whole thing. The queue was easily half way up the car park, and for a challenge cup game the fans mustve been taking Coyles words to heart. One steward for the whole queue after the start of the hill by the looks of it who said the lights had failed, yet they seemed to be on above the seats, and also on inside the Ormond stand, and there was actually a few folk in the red and yellow seats at the car park end of the main stand.

Next thing, announcement over the tannoy, but too far up to make out what was being said and que stampede to the east stand. Then as Cagey said, no police or stewards there, and as some began to walk up the road at the far side and some cars everyone followed suit. Strangest thing Ive seen at m Mc Diarmid since a game against Celtic a few yaers ago which was i think the first Pay Per View game in Scotland that was abandoned when thick fog descended before kick off.

No, far from it but i dont think you understand how much work was put into to trying to get this game on.

anyway, some folk asked for the craic - ive given it. you chose what you do with the info Jim.

Hey I know it's not your fault Taylor I,m just a bit vexed thats all. Shit happens and life goes on:)

Nothing towards Saints on this one folks - they were trying everything from what i could see and everyone was dismayed with the decision.

Apparently the match commanders first game in a while. What a penis. From what i could see when i was in the ground it was no different to any other night game.

Something to do with 6 lights being out?

Grrrr Tayside Police! Probably wanting to go home and watch the second half of the Champions League footy.

Also, think of the loss Saints have made - staff, hospitality suites, floodlights, stewarding, police, pies, players expenses if they get them for travelling or whatever... :(