Transfer window End Looms

Broggy Man

With the transfer window about to close on tuesday. Do we think OC has done enough to take us into a position to challange the Midden???

Personally i think we are in about the same position as we were before it opened with the addition of Winters and the departure of McManus. I had hoped for OC to be a little more active but that is probably unfair to him as from the comments it seems he did not get the people that he persued. At least on the up side we didnt panic buy so hopefully Winters turns out to be quality which would go some way to backing up OC on the fact that he wont sign players for the sake of making signings he will only sign quality but im still a little depressed :cry:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the transfer window about to close on tuesday. Do we think OC has done enough to take us into a position to challange the Midden???

Personally i think we are in about the same position as we were before it opened with the addition of Winters and the departure of McManus. I had hoped for OC to be a little more active but that is probably unfair to him as from the comments it seems he did not get the people that he persued. At least on the up side we didnt panic buy so hopefully Winters turns out to be quality which would go some way to backing up OC on the fact that he wont sign players for the sake of making signings he will only sign quality but im still a little depressed :cry:

McManus wasn't in OC's plans but Winters clearly is (especially as we've been after him since the summer) so we are in an improved position in that we have another player who is going to make the team/squad every week. I would liked to have seen another couple of signings (hopefully we'll still get another midfielder and a keeper) but I'm also pleased we didn't resort the sort of panic buys that JC ended up making last year.

Still plenty of time... thinsg are only just starting to liven up. When a team signs X, they can then release Y etc. etc.

Fecking algebra :x :lol:

Apart from the algebra, I agree with Kev... As the spl clubs get more players they'll cast off one or two. We just have to hold tight over the next few days and see what comes of it... I'd expect at least 3 more players

Has charlie Adam of the Midden gone back to the ****? I hope hes gone by the time we play them, i think he's a descent player.

Nope - in a West Coast Conspiracy Media Bias type of affair they extended his loan until the end of the season.

Personally I'm more worried by Corcoran starting to show some good form than Adam.

Nope - in a West Coast Conspiracy Media Bias type of affair they extended his loan until the end of the season.

Personally I'm more worried by Corcoran starting to show some good form than Adam.

Thought the rules were that you couldnt extend loans....? Yeah agreed Corcoran has looked something special also. But we have Jason, who is as good (in fact probably better) than these guys.

Thought the rules were that you couldnt extend loans....? Yeah agreed Corcoran has looked something special also. But we have Jason, who is as good (in fact probably better) than these guys.

Loans can be extended if the player is under the age of 23 or something like that, or indeed the player is moving to another West Coast team

Will the Rangers or Celtic official remove the batteries of the SFA clock if they're struggling to complete a deal by midnight :?:lol:

If rumours are to be believed, Rangers have already wouond the clock forward 24 hours at Parkhead sothey are trying to sign Dion Dublin as a panic buy :lol:

Surely as long as we free him he can move to Bury after the transfer window?

For the Davester to be able to sign for them, he would need to be released before 12midnight. Otherwise he will have a trial but not be able to move until the summer.

Did I not say that??? :?