Ticket Sales

bluesaint

Since we have around 2000 season tickets (total guess), they probably seen it that if everybody got two this would sell the first allocation. Its common sense that we were not going to sell 4000 tickets from the season ticket holders alone.

Personally, I think the season ticket holders should have been able to buy as many as they like or at least 6-8 so they can sit beside thier mates. Even if we sold the 4000 we would get more and the chances are if we sold that we would still get more. Considering if partick get through they aint going to bring at most more than 15000, rangers won't be far off that either (well maybe 25000), as semi finals don't interest them.

Overall, were all going to get a ticket. So meh...

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine the uproar if season ticket holders could buy 8 tickets!!Potentially some season ticket holders wouldnt be able to get any and you would need to know a season ticket holder to get a ticket.We have ordered our tickets from Hampden through the debenture scheme so ours wont be coming out of the allocation.

It always entertains me reading people suggesting how many tickets we will sell.Just what are these figures based on?I suggest pure guesswork may be involved.

We will have a good support at Hampden and I cant wait.

Just booked seats on the train leaving Perth at 11.05 for £13 day return.Have to get the underground to Mt Florida.

Train is usually the best shout. It's just a standard one from Central though, not the underground. You should have time to pop into a pub on the walk down from Queens St to Central before heading out to Mount Florida.

Cheers mate,hopefully there may be a few more Saintees on the train

Sure there will be mate. My old man is coming through from Perth so we're going to have a few beers in the city centre before getting train out to the southside. The pubs out there will probably be full of **** (assuming it's them we're playing). I'll see what the consensus is with other Saintees on pubs and could always post where we're going on here.

Sure there will be mate. My old man is coming through from Perth so we're going to have a few beers in the city centre before getting train out to the southside. The pubs out there will probably be full of **** (assuming it's them we're playing). I'll see what the consensus is with other Saintees on pubs and could always post where we're going on here.

If it is the **** they will be much less interested in having a day out etc. It is just another game for them. Against Celtic last year we went to Buddha and it was full of Saints fans, just a small handful of Celtic.

It was a cracking day weather wise last year so Buddha had an outside bar which was handy.

If it is the **** they will be much less interested in having a day out etc. It is just another game for them. Against Celtic last year we went to Buddha and it was full of Saints fans, just a small handful of Celtic.

It was a cracking day weather wise last year so Buddha had an outside bar which was handy.

Yeah, you're better sticking to places like Buddha or the pubs along Kilmarnock Road if you're drinking in the southside. Bier Stube is really good.

Personally, I think the season ticket holders should have been able to buy as many as they like or at least 6-8 so they can sit beside thier mates. Even if we sold the 4000 we would get more and the chances are if we sold that we would still get more. Considering if partick get through they aint going to bring at most more than 15000, rangers won't be far off that either (well maybe 25000), as semi finals don't interest them.

If season ticket holders want to sit beside their mates, all they need to do is make sure they buy their tickets at the same time (assuming their mates are also season ticket holders). If their mates aren't season ticket holders, they can buy as many as they like by waiting for the general sale. Everyone knows they weren't going to sell out, so I don't see any reason why they shouldn't be able to just wait if they want to buy that many.

I think that, in general terms (rather than referring to just this one specific game), allowing season ticket holders to buy one extra ticket during the priority period is completely fair. Any more than that would be unfair on everyone else. Season ticket holders are already getting money off games and first dibs on tickets - I don't think the priorities they get should be limitless though. They're not paying that much.

Last season's semi, I came into Hampden from the East and parked about 15min walk from the ground. Went into a pub near where we parked and it was covered in Rangers pictures. Especially of Goram. Low and behold it's his pub and were just finishing our pints and in he walked. Wished us luck ahead of game.

Don't think I'll be going back there if we get the **** though.

Despite the rarity of the occasion for QoS I still find it depressing that their total ticket sale is likely to be double what ours is.:(

Why does it even matter?

We know that Saints don't carry the biggest of supports, and this event is not such a rarity for us as you rightly point to it being for them. I'm sure if we'd just reached our first semi-final in fifty odd years, our tickets would be selling faster too. Queens are also having - by recent standards - a very good season. If we got to the final, we'd be doing well to take 10,000 people. Other clubs in our league such as Partick Thistle, Dundee and Dunfermline would likely take double that.

I'd sooner see us compete on the pitch than the numbers in the stands.

Why does it even matter?

We know that Saints don't carry the biggest of supports, and this event is not such a rarity for us as you rightly point to it being for them. I'm sure if we'd just reached our first semi-final in fifty odd years, our tickets would be selling faster too. Queens are also having - by recent standards - a very good season. If we got to the final, we'd be doing well to take 10,000 people. Other clubs in our league such as Partick Thistle, Dundee and Dunfermline would likely take double that.

here here, it would be nice if we took a big support but its something really outwith our control - lets just enjoy the game

Why does it even matter?

yep i agree, i remember when we got to our 1st semi final in donkeys yrs against the currant buns in 1989, we must have had 12,000 at celtic park and at least 7/8,000 for the replay a few days later if my memory serves me correct LAUGH OUT LOUD......i am sure if it was same case now wd be selling same as queens if not more.

It's called Church on the Hill now (think it used to be called that ages ago). Hopefully they'll stick that mobile bar out the front again if the suns oot!

Why does it even matter?

I agree with most of that but if we got to the final, we'd take far more than 10,000 as it is something new, unlike the semi-final.

I know it's a lesser competition but taking the Challenge Cup into account, this will be our sixth semi-final in under four years, so it's understandable there isn't as much buzz about this.

Without all the respect in the world to Queens, tomorrow is their final. That's not saying they won't beat Aberdeen but their fans will have a different view on the game from the Saints support that have seen their side at Hampden and in plenty of national semi-finals.

I posted this on P&B but it's the total number of national semi-finals played by every team over the past couple of decades, not taking account of the Thistle vs Rangers replay:

Celtic - 25

Rangers - 25

Aberdeen - 15

Dundee United - 15

Heart of Midlothian - 13

Hibernian - 13

St Johnstone - 8

Dunfermline Athletic - 7

Airdrieonians - 6

Dundee - 5

Kilmarnock - 5

Livingston - 4

Motherwell - 4

Ayr United - 3

Falkirk - 3

Inverness CT - 2

Clydebank - 1

Gretna - 1

Partick Thistle - 1

Queen of the South - 1

Raith Rovers - 1

St Mirren - 1

Guest Mongy Max

agree completely with SaintSam, as long as we have people there making noise and encouraging the players to compete on the pitch, does it matter how many are making that noise? I will be making plenty noise, but not at Hampden!