F-i-o-r-e-n-t-i-n-a

Ray Blair

Even though they humped Leverkusen 4-1 away and drew with Bayern 1-1 away. The final is in Manchester dont see how that will benefit Rangers.

From the neutral perspective as I said, anyone watching Rangers v Sporting and Fiorentina would have been so bored it was not funny and thought if thats the best Scotland has to offer in Europe, its pretty poor. How many shots at goal in 90 minutes, 1?

I would watch Zenit rather than Rangers any day of the week as a football fan.

Shots on target was 3 each.

Did you watch the game?

From the neutral perspective as I said, anyone watching Rangers v Sporting and Fiorentina would have been so bored it was not funny and thought if thats the best Scotland has to offer in Europe, its pretty poor. How many shots at goal in 90 minutes, 1?

I doubt that anyone in Europe has a very high opinion of Scottish football in the first place? If you ask the neutral, I dunno, Spaniard to describe Scottish football they wouldn't be far off how Rangers actually played. The only difference is Rangers were more defensive and more tactically aware than most previous Scottish sides in Europe. They had a gameplan, it worked, they stuck at it and played like a team. It's not exactly a bad thing to be hard to beat is it? Like I said, getting pumped out of Europe before Christmas used to be an embarrasment according to some and now Celtic and also Rangers have gone beyond that, suddenly it's an embarrasment when they actually do quite well?

? Like I said, getting pumped out of Europe before Christmas used to be an embarrasment according to some and now Celtic and also Rangers have gone beyond that, suddenly it's an embarrasment when they actually do quite well?

Maybe they are just embarassments full stop?

Some folk on here need a reality check.

Seems to me that they think drawing half of their league games and langi=uishing in Div 1 is preferable to reaching the final of a Euro comp.

Try asking any Werder, Sporting or Fioentina fan what they would have preferred?

d*** against Wally in the final. Nacho Novo with a Scottish accent speaking to ITV4 was the best entertainment of the night. However I may be in the minority on weareperth but we held the UEFA Cup finalists to 0-0 over 120 minutes and only lost on penalty kicks so I say come on Rangers and then we can claim to have done very well against a side who were going for the quadruple.

No bias from deepest Sheffield!

Spot on.

And it could be that there will be as many, if not more, Scottish players playing in the EUFA Cup Final as English Players appearing in the Champions (ahem!) League Final - which is between two supposed English teams. Well... at least they are based in England.

Does it really matter how Rangers played ? The fact is they are in the final,i cant stand the OF, but credit where its due,they are in a major cup final,the second largest in europe,is there anybody here going to tell me that over the last two seasons,we have played sexy silky football in every game to our semi finals/final.

Credit to them for getting to the final but my god it's dire stuff and my god am I not looking forward to wading through thousands of buckfast soaked **** on my way to work at the end of the month. Despite what I've said previously, I'd kind of like them to win it now just so that Kirk Broadfoot can become the worst player ever to win a European medal.

They would be a bit late if you had to wade through them in Manchester at the end of May, the final is on the 14th!

I thought it was the 30th! They still probably all be here then anyway.

One point I meant to make earlier was that in England the game was only shown on ITV4 a nice illustration of ITV's view that Britain stops at the Scottish border.:evil:

Does it really matter how Rangers played ? The fact is they are in the final,i cant stand the OF, but credit where its due,they are in a major cup final,the second largest in europe,is there anybody here going to tell me that over the last two seasons,we have played sexy silky football in every game to our semi finals/final.

Well said lad, Im not the biggest fan of the old firm either (especially rangers) But at the end of the day the UEFA cup final is a great achivement. They might be as Scottish as morris dancing but at the end of the day they are a Scottish team & doing Scottish football proud.

I think every fan must've thought the same thing last night... my first thought when Novo scored that penalty was...

FFS, Kirk Broadfoot in a major European Final!!

Out of interest, if Rangers win does that allocate an extra UEFA cup spot next season to Scotland?

Seems to me that they think drawing half of their league games and langi=uishing in Div 1 is preferable to reaching the final of a Euro comp.

Try asking any Werder, Sporting or Fioentina fan what they would have preferred?

And they wonder why folk dislike the OF!!!!!

Rangers set their stall out from the start last night and played for a draw fair play to them if that is what tehy want. As a spectacle the final will be a non event if Rangers play in that way and that is a pity. Rangers may have had 3 shots on goal lat night but in all honesty the posession must have been 80-20 and if it had been 3 or 4 nil Rangers could not have complained.

Some folk on here have obviously got no idea that the ultimate aim in football is to win the game! Also, defending is just as important as attacking and Rangers offered a masterclass in playing as a unit and shutting opponents down. Nobody is saying they are more technically gifted than Fiorentina, in the same way Scotland are not better than France, but in these cases you play to your strengths and use clever tactics to get the win. If it was Saints reaching a major final, would you care how we got there?

I think Rangers deserve their place as much as anyone and if Fiorentina can't convert 70/80% of possession into goals then it's them who are the joke!

Rangers had three shots on target. Fiorentina, despite their domination of possession, had three shots on target. Frey, in the Fiorentina goal, made the best save of the match. Rangers defended brilliantly, and that is as much a part of winning a football match as attacking well - something Fiorentina clearly didn't do very well.

I thought it was the 30th! They still probably all be here then anyway.

One point I meant to make earlier was that in England the game was only shown on ITV4 a nice illustration of ITV's view that Britain stops at the Scottish border.:evil:

On the other hand - You could say that the ruling Party in Scotland view it like that as well... What goes around, comes around. :cool:

You're right it's an entertainment business, not just a results based business, or maybe that's what's changed.

Unfortunately you're right, its not about entertainment these days, its all about money making.

To be fair to Smith, he's came out from the start and said this year they were going to play to their strengths to try and consolidate, and then try to add a few flair players this summer.

Shots on target was 3 each.

Did you watch the game?

Fiorentina Rangers

Shots (on Goal) 28(8) 7(6)

Probably 6 of those for Rangers were in extra time anyway. Dont know what game you were watching or where you get your rubbish stats from.

Maybe if I supported Rangers I would have a different opinion about this whole matter but I doubt it. If I supported Rangers no way I would pay money to watch them at the moment. Most Rangers and Celtic fans are not football fans, they think their team is the be all and end all.

Reality is Rangers suck and they are boring. Greece won Euro 2004, who gives a shit, all they are remembered for are being shit and boring.

People pay and watch football to be entertained. Rangers put you to sleep. The only reason I will be watching the final is to hopefully see Rangers get smashed, and after that I would be happy to never watch them again until they start to play football.

From the BBC today:

Dutch coaching legend Louis Van Gaal has branded Rangers' playing style "boring" and "bad for football".

Here here.

Well Im a Sporting fan and it doesnt bother me that they went out because they are not good enough to win the UEFA cup this year. They sold Nani for 17mil and bought no replacement/s.

What I would have preferred is to see football played. Watching the Leverkusen/Zenit games were awesome entertainment, even though Zenit sat back in first leg they pumped 4 past Leverkusen. Which is different to Rangers sitting back waiting for penalites.

I really want Zenit to carve Rangers up but we are going to see the same shit with Darcheville up front on his own, getting subbed for Cousin about 65 in who will go up on his own with maybe Nacho Novo getting a fluke goal with 5 minutes to go.

I bloody hope not, not sure if Pogrebnyak 'sic' got his yellow overturned but he is very good up front and they are good all over the park Zenit and fast. Great manager also.

Dutch coaching legend Louis Van Gaal has branded Rangers' playing style "boring" and "bad for football".

Here here.

but if it works and they win the UEFA cup then I'm sure they couldnt care less.

I for one am delighted to see rangers in a major european cup final. I think its good for scottish sport and scottish football that teams do make an impact in europe.