Who is your tip to be this year's surprise package in the Premier League?

dan the saint

Who is your tip to be this year's surprise package in the Premier League?  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Chopper is extremely confident about West Brom's chances this season - he claims they're going to be in the top six!

He was taking all sorts of bets up in Inverness as well. He bet me a tenner that West Brom would finish above Sunderland this season. I don't think there'll be a huge amount in it, but I would like to think we'll finish above them and clear of the relegation scramble.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chopper is extremely confident about West Brom's chances this season - he claims they're going to be in the top six!

He was taking all sorts of bets up in Inverness as well. He bet me a tenner that West Brom would finish above Sunderland this season. I don't think there'll be a huge amount in it, but I would like to think we'll finish above them and clear of the relegation scramble.

You must be wetting yourself with excitement at the thought of signing 4 Spurs rejects. If there's one man who can keep Sunderland up this season, it's Teemu Tainio.

You must be wetting yourself with excitement at the thought of signing 4 Spurs rejects. If there's one man who can keep Sunderland up this season, it's Teemu Tainio.

Sadly we're not in a position to be picky, we need signings as soon as possible. Our squad last season was full of players who, in all honesty, are not of Premiership standard. We stayed up purely because of team spirit. Since then we've lost Kenwyne Jones to long-term injury and Jonny Evans back to Man United, removing arguably our only two definite Premiership-standard players. Without new signings, it isn't looking good at all.

A good point I saw someone make on another messageboard was that this time last year people actually expected Spurs to make the top four into a top five. Everyone was convinced they'd be right up there challenging. These four guys were part of that highly-rated squad so they must have something about them. Even though Malbranque is the only player to be really pleased about signing, they would all definitely strengthen our squad. No doubt Malbranque will be the one who won't sign though. :roll:

Sadly we're not in a position to be picky, we need signings as soon as possible. Our squad last season was full of players who, in all honesty, are not of Premiership standard.

Titus Bramble's up for grabs apparently... Proven Premiership defender.

On paper Sunderland are hauffin, but there's probably worse. It's time Southgate got found out, Boro for the drop.

Monkfish, Titus Bramble is not a proven Premiership defender. He was rubbish in a pathetic Newcastle defence and thats why he is now being offloaded again. Mind you he might do well at our level......................................on second thoughts perhaps not.

Garbage!

For sure Stoke are going straight back down. I think Wigan will be lucky to survive also.

As for surprises at the top, there is still alot of transfer work to be done but I would expect Sevilla (Tottenham) to score plenty of goals, if they can hold teams out they are in for a good season.

Arsenal will do better than what people think they will. Again. If they pick up bad injuries they will have a big problem and we will see how much time Van Persie misses.

If you put Arsenals best team on paper out there its pretty impressive.

--------------------Almunia------------------

Sagna------Toure-----------Gallas------Clichy

Eboue-----Nasri--------Fabregas-----Rosicky--

--------Van Persie---------Adebayor----------

Fabianski----Senderos---Denilson----Walcott---Vela----Bendtner---Eduardo

DjourouSong----Diaby and other youngsters plus some more signings, its not all bad for Arsenal.

If you put Arsenals best team on paper out there its pretty impressive.

--------------------Almunia------------------

Sagna------Toure-----------Gallas------Clichy

Eboue-----Nasri--------Fabregas-----Rosicky--

--------Van Persie---------Adebayor----------

Fabianski----Senderos---Denilson----Walcott---Vela----Bendtner---Eduardo

DjourouSong----Diaby and other youngsters plus some more signings, its not all bad for Arsenal.

If you put Chelsea best team on paper out there its pretty impressive.

--------------------Cech------------------

Bosingwa------Carvalho-------Terry------A Cole

----------------- Essien ---------------------

J Cole----Deco--------Ballack-----Malouda--

----------------Shevchenko----------

Cudicini----Ben Haim------Obi Mikel---Kalou-------Anelka

Thats wot i think it will look if there no Lampard & Drogba

If you put Liverpool best team on paper out there its pretty impressive.

--------------------Reina------------------

Degen------Skrtel-------Carragher------Agger

----------------- ---------------------

Bable----Gerrard-----Mascherano----------Aurelio

------Kuyt--------------------Torres

Itandje----Arbeloa-----Dossena------Benayoun-----Voronin

That wot i think it will look if there no Alonso

And if u put If you put Man utd best team on paper out there its the most impressive team in the league.

--------------------van der Sar------------------

Neville------Ferdinand------Vidic------------Evra

Ronaldo----Carrick-----Scholes----------Nani

------Rooney--------------------Teves

Foster----Brown-----Anderson------Hargreaves-----Giggs

thats unless we get Dimitar Berbatov.

A good point I saw someone make on another messageboard was that this time last year people actually expected Spurs to make the top four into a top five. Everyone was convinced they'd be right up there challenging.

I have no idea why. They had a poor manager and, Keane and Berbatov aside, a completely average Premiership-level team. I went to one of their pre-season friendlies last summer and they looked a very weak collection of players who were never going to be in any danger of troubling the top 5 or 6 places.

i have seen Degan playing befor and he's much better then steve Finnan and btw agger can play left back aswell

Agger can play left back but he wont they have many more options for that position.

Im not convinced by Degen, time will tell.

I wouldnt expect Liverpool to get near Chelsea or Man U although Liverpool fans obviously will.

No doubt Malbranque will be the one who won't sign though. :roll:

Well signing three out of the four isn't bad. Tainio, Malbranque and Chimbonda along with Diouf will significantly improve the quality of the squad. Good riddance to Kaboul though!

The midfield looks better now but a lot of work is still to be done on the defence and forward line. (Please don't sign Balde!)

WHOOOOAAAAAAHHHHH

She stood there laughing

HA HA HA HA

I felt my d*** in her hand and she laughed no more

WHOOOOAAAAAAAHHHHHH

Why Why Why Delilah

Why Why Why Delilah

So before you come to break down the door

Forgive me Delilah I just couldn't take anymore

WHOOOOAAAAAAAHHHHHH

Why Why Why Delilah

WHOOOOAAAAAAHHHHH

She stood there laughing

HA HA HA HA

I felt my d*** in her hand and she laughed no more

WHOOOOAAAAAAAHHHHHH

Why Why Why Delilah

Why Why Why Delilah

So before you come to break down the door

Forgive me Delilah I just couldn't take anymore

WHOOOOAAAAAAAHHHHHH

Why Why Why Delilah

You back on the sauce mate? :):)

You back on the sauce mate? :):)

not tonight, just buzzing that after 18 years since i have followed stoke city, they are in the big league. i am trying to get tickets to see them at the brittania stadium for the first time in my life...

oct 19th v spurs is looking good

was hoping for crystal palace to get promoted as they are the nearest team to my girlfriends in croydon , still might go to selhurst to watch

Gives me the shivers even thinking about that. No thanks.

Sunderland's record at Hellhurst is truly appalling.

• 2 weeks later...