Peaso & Jacko or Holmes & Savo

taylorboy69

As the title says, who is your preferred option for this weekends game???

I just saw the last 45 mins of training today at McD (daughter fell asleep in motor and noticed they were training so stopped and watched).

Very interesting to see the attacking drills. for ten mins it was Peaso and Jacko, then the next ten mins Holmes & Savo. This went on for the duration so it would appear that the manager will not be splitting these pairing for the forseeable future.

On the basis of Tuesday's game and training today, I personally hope he goes with Holmes and Savo as they looked awesome today.

Thoughts???

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen Holmes play yet, but from what I've heard of his stature I'd definitely have him on from the start, with instructions to bully and pressurise Flapsy Cuthbert right from the off. It also sounds like Savo is on good form, so I think those two have to be the starting pair.

Peaso is an enigma, IMHO he is p*sh 80% of the time, and just when you are at the end of your tether with him he scores a peach.

I would say get him out the team and get Savo in definately but because I have said it Peaso will probably score a screamer.

What do I know.

Holmes and Savo for me. On Tuesday night Milne and Holmes both scored after they came on (although I appreciate that had a lot to do with Stenny players being knackered) and both looked dangerous. Also, as BH says, we need someone to pile the pressure on Cuthbert at corners etc. Imagine him facing up to James, Hardie and Holmes all at the same time.

Holmes and Savo for me. On Tuesday night Milne and Holmes both scored after they came on (although I appreciate that had a lot to do with Stenny players being knackered) and both looked dangerous. Also, as BH says, we need someone to pile the pressure on Cuthbert at corners etc. Imagine him facing up to James, Hardie and Holmes all at the same time.

Excellent post, and I'll go along with what you said. Cuthbert will be shitting himself at the thought of James and Hardie charging towards him when the ball comes in the box.

He does seem the type of player you can intimidate and force mistakes out of.

dont think its the best taylor that u are giving our tactics away on the internet so that any scout could read! well done!

Is this a wind up???????

What tactics have i given away??

All i was saying was it looks like the manager believes that Jacko and Peaso are a good combo and also that Savo and Homer is a good combo (both striking pairing played during all attacking workouts)

dont think its the best taylor that u are giving our tactics away on the internet so that any scout could read! well done!

Yip post of the week. Im sure every manager in our league logs on to our forum to find out our secrets....fookin hell

How do they know that Taylor's not really DM throwing a red herring ?

Holmes and either Savo or Jacko.

Given the form right now (although only 3 of games in) probably Savo.

Although Holmes and Jacko up front with Milne in behind would work.

I reckon we need a physical presence up front, but with enough 'football' players around so we don't end up going route 1 all the time.

The permutations we can actually have in our starting 11 is frightening.