Scotland v Northern Ireland

Dennistoun Saint

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, every member of the Tartan Army were sitting on their hands when the rest of the Scotland crowd were booing then.

The Tartan Army would never do such a thing.

If you look closely at the videos, you can just make out some pigs flying over the North Stand.

ok......and i hate bringing it round to this......would it have been one side of the old firm that took exception to the Northern Ireland anthem ?

The Tartan Army DO boo during anthems, no doubt about that whatsoever.

England fans use the same excuses, congratulations.

THEY DO NOT, AS I HAVE ALREADY SAID ABOUT THE AWAY MATCHES, NOBODY WILL TELL ME ANY DIFFERENT ON THAT.

THE BOOING AT THE OTHER HOME MATCHES ARE A FEW MINDLESS IDIOTS NOT THE TA.

THE LITH MATCH WAS UNFORTUNATE AS THE ANTHEM WAS UNAUDIBLE, YES THE ANNOUNCEMENT WAS BUT THOUSANDS ARE STILL COMING IN AND SINGING STARTED, A ONE OFF AND CERTAINLY NOT THE NORM. IF THE ANTHEM WAS OVER THE TANNOY THEN IT WOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED. THAT IS WHY THE ANTHEMS ARE NOW PLAYED OVER THE TANNOY.

AS ALREADY SAID ALSO, NO BOOING COMES FROM THE NORTH STAND WHERE THE VAST MAJORITY OF TA SIT.

If the Tartan Army couldn't hear the Lithuanian anthem then why did the booing start when it was announced then carry on along with the singing until the anthem stopped?

They were either trying to drown out the Lithuanian anthem or that's one hell of a coincidence.

The Tartan Army DO boo during anthems, no doubt about that whatsoever.

England fans use the same excuses, congratulations.

Is this like the hundreds of Rangers fans that smashed up Manchester that wern't really Rangers fans? No one's saying every Scotland support is racist, but there's a sizeable number who are.

I want England to loose everytime they play - does that make me racist?

And no SJC it wasn't a helluva coinidence if u read Wee John's posts and were at the game you would realise that Scotland fans (maybe TA) were singing as they came in, which was during the Lithuanian anthem. At this point scots fans(maybe TA) booed their own fans for singing during the other teams anthem.

If you watch the video you will see that the Lithuanian anthem was booed from start to finish, the singine started well after the anthem.

So 10 000 of the TA all entered Hampden, in the same stand exactly when the Lithuanian anthem started?

I know the TA members will, quite rightly, defend their group, I believe WeeJohn when he says he didn't hear any members of the TA booing the anthem.

This doesn't mean that NO members of the TA didn't boo the anthem!

541- I was at the game in question, and have been to many Scotland matches, which is why I have noticed this booing and almost extreme anti- english nonsense creeping in.

I hope anyone who hears any idiots doing this sets them straight, it's fine saying it's wrong but do something about it.

I have had bother at Hampden before for refusing to join in with anti- English songs because my wife to be is English.

Let me ask all Scotland fans this, a lot of Non- Scots go to the games with their partners, however I believe if my girlfriend was at Hampden we would be subjected to abuse because she was English- is this a fair assumption?

so does this mean if your wife was a dundee fan you'd be against us singing anti scumdee songs? because Dundee are our main rivals the same as England are Scotlands main rivals.

i'd like to think the lithuania game was a 1 off and the N.I game was a different story wether u agree or but i doubt this will be a problem in any of the forth coming fixtures if it persists then i'll agree with u that we have a problem

Fact - It is officially still in the song. Just type in "lyrics God Save The Queen" into Google.

Great anthem for uniting a union of nations eh? The massacre of a less armed rebellion army and more to the point the genocide of that people after it including the banning of tartan should not be celebrated today if ever. It doesn't matter if it's the Jacobite Scots (catholics) which I know it is supposed to infer but why have it in the song of a modern inclusive nation at all? Also to take your point that it is 300 years ago, why then have it in the song of a modern Scotland currently part of a modern UK? It's not exactly 'Land Of The Free' or 'La Marseillaise', it's just total shite. In fact it's boring - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwsUWcK-PzY

If people like slow songs why can'twe have something like "House Of The Rising Sun", Eric Burden (of the Animals) was from Newcastle -

'There was a house in New-castle,

where Scottish men did drink,

They slaughtered Geordie Englishmen ,

And stopped them having offspring,

Rebellious English were so crushed,

....................................'

......... we better put that down the new anthem song a bit, maybe verse 5. However Geordies will be required to conform and accept the national anthem.

Northern Ireland look to have a better squad these days.

Team GB doing well.

Well, I'm sure this thread is drifting ever further off-topic everytime someone posts BUT it's only a song and the people who get that worked up about it are no better than an Old Firm fan. I mean ferfuxsake, Flower of Scotland talks about 'sending the English homeward', we should ban that lest it upset some poor souls down south.

There are Saints fans from Dundee who have posted here and have been to games so obviously, they shouldn't have and didn't have a problem with supporting Saints.

However, if I was in the Saints end with Saints fans and was asked why I wasn't singing anti- Dundee songs then given a hard time for not joining in then I would have a problem with the Saints support.

This has happened to me when supporting Scotland!

I don't like Dundee, either as a place or a football club but am good friends with a couple of their fans, I definately wouldn't give them a hard time for supporting another team or having the audacity to be born in Dundee!

so does this mean if your wife was a dundee fan you'd be against us singing anti scumdee songs? because Dundee are our main rivals the same as England are Scotlands main rivals.

i'd like to think the lithuania game was a 1 off and the N.I game was a different story wether u agree or but i doubt this will be a problem in any of the forth coming fixtures if it persists then i'll agree with u that we have a problem

I think SJC is talking more about abuse than banter. There would no doubt be some uber-scots in the Scotland support who think that England is evil etc and take great delight in abusing an English person. As we constantly see happen whenever a major football event takes place in the summer.

Is it not strange how there is no jeering of national anthems at away games.As Wee John says apart from at wembley when ours was aswell.Was the jeering of Kenny Miller by the Irish fans because he played for hibs.Double standards by the NI fa as the last time they played the republic their fans jeered through the rendition of their anthem.You cant stop all noise through anthems unless you threaten teams with bans and if that was the case hardly any internationals would be played.Im not saying the ta are angels.

is this not a democratic country with the freedom of free speach?? 123...... ****in booo booo booo to you irish men!!! and your English anthem.

Free speech should be banned if it means folk like you get to type tripe like that. It's not an 'English' anthem - it's still the national anthem of this country, regardless of any opt-outs in use at football and rugby. Deal with it.

I also agree with Wee John that in years of going to Scotland games, you just don't hear booing like that as the norm. There have been some incidents here and there, but by and large the Scotland crowds (they're not all "Tartan Army" as John says) are well behaved and respectful outwith the 90 minutes.

Sadly if there are more people like 'keveyboysaint' going to Hampden, which may well be the case while there's an upswing of interest in the team, it's going to happen more often.

Is this like the hundreds of Rangers fans that smashed up Manchester that wern't really Rangers fans? No one's saying every Scotland support is racist, but there's a sizeable number who are.

Racist is a strong word and unless you can back it up I will not accept that.

Ofcourse there is great hatred for e***and as a country and what is stands for but not for the people or fellow football fans, just great passionaite rivalry.

If hating the e***ish rule/establisment is racist then yes I am racist but in my eyes racism is hatred for other races, other persons and then no way can you say that a sizeable number of TA are racist.

I have had bother at Hampden before for refusing to join in with anti- English songs because my wife to be is English.

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS, DID SOMEONE ACTUALLY SAY SOMETHING TO YOU, I FOR ONE WOULD NOT NOTICE ANYONE WHO WAS NOT SINGING AND WOULD NOT BOTHER IF ANYONE WAS NOT SINGING, I AM NOT CALLING YOU A LIAR BUT I DO FIND THIS VERY HARD TO UNDERSTAND.

DID YOU PERHAPS START IT BY TELLING PEOPLE NOT TO SING ANTI ENGLISH SONGS?

ANTI E***ISH SONGS AT THE FOOTBALL IN MY EYES ARE ANTI E***AND FOOTBALL SONGS AND NOT AIMED AT INDIVIDUALS.

Let me ask all Scotland fans this, a lot of Non- Scots go to the games with their partners, however I believe if my girlfriend was at Hampden we would be subjected to abuse because she was English- is this a fair assumption?

NO, A DEFINATE NO. I HAVE TRAVELLED MANY A TIME WITH E***ISH PEOPLE TO SCOTLAND MATCHES, THERE ARE MANY WITHIN THE TA THAT FOLLOW SCOTLAND REGULARLY AND ARE JUST ANOTHER SCOTLAND SUPPORTER, NOBODY BATS AN EYELID BECAUSE OF THEIR E***ISH ACCENTS.

AT MUNICH AIRPORT ON THE WAY TO GEORGIA LAST YEAR, 3 E***AND FANS WEARING DONNY ROVERS SHIRTS ON THEIR WAY TO MOSCOW FOR E***AND'S MATCH WERE TREATED TO SOME REAL SCOTTISH HOSPITALITY, THEY ONLY HAD STERLING AND RUSSIAN ROUBLES AND THE BAR WOULD NOT ACCEPT THEM, THERE WERE ABOUT 50/60 TA IN THE BAR AND THE E***AND FANS LEFT BLOOTERED, THEY HAD A GREAT TIME AND NEVER SPENT A PENNY, THEY COULD NOT BELIVE THAT WE WOULD WELCOME THEM INTO OUR COMPANY AND LEFT WITH A GREAT IMPRESSION OF SCOTS FOOTBALL FANS.

NOT THE IMPRESSION THAT SOME LIKE TO THINK HAPPENS.

IT IS ALL TOO EASY FOR SOME TO SAY SCOTS ARE RACIST, SCOTS HATE THE E***ISH, IT MAKES GOOD PRESS AND SUITS THOSE WHO BELIEVE THE SO CALLED SCOTTISH STEROTYPE.

SOME SCOTS SHOULD GET INTO THE REAL WORLD AND STOP MAKING ASSUMPTIONS ABOUT FELLOW SCOTS.

What a load of bollocks over nothing.

BOOOOOOOOOOOO!

if some people boo, so what ? it doesnt bother me. what is the problem? I personally will not do booing of anthems but love to boo players of opposition who cheat, Mikoliunas for example. You'll find the people who are blootered though doing the boo during the anthems, just showing off in front of their pals, likely to be young and not appreciating the unwritten rules of the TA.

Free speech should be banned if it means folk like you get to type tripe like that. It's not an 'English' anthem - it's still the national anthem of this country, regardless of any opt-outs in use at football and rugby. Deal with it.

I also agree with Wee John that in years of going to Scotland games, you just don't hear booing like that as the norm. There have been some incidents here and there, but by and large the Scotland crowds (they're not all "Tartan Army" as John says) are well behaved and respectful outwith the 90 minutes.

Sadly if there are more people like 'keveyboysaint' going to Hampden, which may well be the case while there's an upswing of interest in the team, it's going to happen more often.

thats a d*** taitors view if u know what i mean. You dont agree so sod what anyone else thinks eh? I used to goto all scotland home games but scince they have got a tad better its impossible to get tickets. I wasnt at th N.I. match as it was a wed night. Im taking your thinking im a glory hunter?:P

free speach is a good thing. and for the record by the way i have nothing against english people what so ever,(or irish) just hate OUR anthem thats well outdated.

Racist is a strong word and unless you can back it up I will not accept that.

Ofcourse there is great hatred for e***and as a country and what is stands for but not for the people or fellow football fans, just great passionaite rivalry.

If hating the e***ish rule/establisment is racist then yes I am racist but in my eyes racism is hatred for other races, other persons and then no way can you say that a sizeable number of TA are racist.

Maybe a bit strong, but at the best it's extremely childish, and just makes scottish people look like small minded bigots, we've already got Rangers and Celtic doing that for us quite enough already. English rule and establishment? In what way have you been oppressed by your morris dancing overlords recently?

I was at Hampden last Wednesday. I did not boo the 'British' (Don't NI have a National Anthem?:confused:) anthem. I simply stood up and turned my back to the pitch, as many other people did.

I have a bigger problem with the banner that the NI fans had held up at the bottom of the East Stand.

It read "Well done, Sir David. Our culture is not a crime!"

I'm sure the families of the 3000+ men, women and children (all murder victims of the IRA, UVF etc...) who have died as a result of this 'culture' will disagree...:evil:

Maybe a bit strong, but at the best it's extremely childish, and just makes scottish people look like small minded bigots, we've already got Rangers and Celtic doing that for us quite enough already. English rule and establishment? In what way have you been oppressed by your morris dancing overlords recently?

I don't hate the En##ish, I merely have a healthy disdain for them.

In football, it's called rivalry. :cool:

Some people are far too quick to jump on the 'small-minded bigot' bandwagon...:rolleyes: