Scotland v Northern Ireland

Dennistoun Saint

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its really not very sporting to boo other countrys anthems no matter who they are.

I dont think we will boo the Icelanders anthem in Reyjkavik

I CANT BELIEVE we may get reported for this, its football - its turning into a right poofs game. we hate that anthem- and on a whole scotland fans are sporting and well behaved, if uefa and fifa looked at our history and the fact its the anthem for great britian they should bin the complaint. utter nonsense.

anthems get booed world wide no big deal

that was a few hundred idiots and not the TA.

The TA always respect other countries anthems and have no control at Hampden when there are idiots in other parts of the ground booing.

I'm not blaming the TA for it, I'm just pointing out the Scotland support has previous when it comes to booing anthems.

Anyway, can the SFA get done for the fans booing their own national anthem? :)

I CANT BELIEVE we may get reported for this, its football - its turning into a right poofs game. we hate that anthem- and on a whole scotland fans are sporting and well behaved, if uefa and fifa looked at our history and the fact its the anthem for great britian they should bin the complaint. utter nonsense.

anthems get booed world wide no big deal

Excuse me Noose has copyright on any statement like that. And it clearly is racist.

I'm not blaming the TA for it, I'm just pointing out the Scotland support has previous when it comes to booing anthems.

"No previous for alot of years.

The Lith anthem was not played over the tanoy system, it was played by a band on the park, the majority could not hear it and did not realise it had started, they were singing, others then tried to tell them to shut uo hence alot of noise and it did seem that their anthem was getting disrespected.

The TA had a meeting with the SFA and the Ukraine ad Italy anthems were blasted over the tanoy avoiding any repeat".

THe Lithuanian anthem was booed because of Miko's dive in the first game, it was played by a band but the big loud 'please be upstanding for the Lithuanian national anthem' was certainly loud enough over the tannoy!

The French anthem was also boo'ed by a good few thousand people.

The 'Tartan Army' always take the plaudits, they need to take some responsibility too.

Anyone offended by the line 'Rebellious Scot's to Crush' needs to get a life, it's hardly a personal attack!

'God Save The Queen' is racist (anti Scottish) and pro monarchy (the inheritance of priviege and wealth requiring docile 'cap in hand' allegiance and support). In fact why should the Scottish support sit back and accept that?

Verse 6.

Lord grant that Marshal Wade

May by thy mighty aid

Victory bring.

May he sedition hush,

And like a torrent rush,

Rebellious Scots to crush.

God save the Queen!

THe Lithuanian anthem was booed because of Miko's dive in the first game,

it was played by a band but the big loud 'please be upstanding for the Lithuanian national anthem' was certainly loud enough over the tannoy!

The French anthem was also boo'ed by a good few thousand people.

The 'Tartan Army' always take the plaudits, they need to take some responsibility too.

Anyone offended by the line 'Rebellious Scot's to Crush' needs to get a life, it's hardly a personal attack!

I cannot remember him diving in the first game, he dived at Hampden, and even if he did that was never the reason it was booed, as explained the majority of the noise was singing and then TA trying to get others to stop singing, and they were singing because they never realised the anthem was getting played, there was a few idiots booing but they are not true TA, as the TA DO NOT boo other anthems, except one.

France game, all I heard was the TA singing along with the French anthem as they always do, I have witnessed that 5 times, it is a great favourite with the TA.

as explained the majority of the noise was singing and then TA trying to get others to stop singing, and they were singing because they never realised the anthem was getting played, there was a few idiots booing but they are not true TA, as the TA DO NOT boo other anthems, except one.

agreed, it was singing not booing

Rubbish again, members of the Tartan Army do Boo other countries anthems, I have heard it with my own ears on more than just a few occasions.

Calling the UK anthem racist is a joke too!

I never knew the Tartan Army had adopted a victims mentality.

You can hear a lot of booing of the French anthem in this clip:

You can clearly hear the booing starts against Lithuania as soon as the announcer introduces the Lithuanian national anthem- 27 seconds into the clip, the singing starts when the anthem is playing but the anthem is also booed by a lot of the Tartan Army.

There was also a lot of booing of the Italian anthem before we started to clap along with it to drown out the boo's.

'God Save The Queen' is racist (anti Scottish) and pro monarchy (the inheritance of priviege and wealth requiring docile 'cap in hand' allegiance and support). In fact why should the Scottish support sit back and accept that?

Verse 6.

Lord grant that Marshal Wade

May by thy mighty aid

Victory bring.

May he sedition hush,

And like a torrent rush,

Rebellious Scots to crush.

God save the Queen!

Jacobite Scots that is, whom many Scots opposed. The 'Chip on the Shoulder' brigade don't mention that and the way they carp on about it, you'd think people were still singing it when it hasn't been song officially for near enough 300 years!

But hey, don't let facts get in the way of a good argument eh?

Rubbish again, members of the Tartan Army do Boo other countries anthems, I have heard it with my own ears on more than just a few occasions.

Calling the UK anthem racist is a joke too!

I never knew the Tartan Army had adopted a victims mentality.

You can hear a lot of booing of the French anthem in this clip:

You can clearly hear the booing starts against Lithuania as soon as the announcer introduces the Lithuanian national anthem- 27 seconds into the clip, the singing starts when the anthem is playing but the anthem is also booed by a lot of the Tartan Army.

There was also a lot of booing of the Italian anthem before we started to clap along with it to drown out the boo's.

I'll defend the TA and say that no real TA would have been booing the anthems, Lith match, you cannot hear the anthem, yes you heard the annoincement but you cannot account for a few hundred idiots.

France match, I can honestly say I never heard any booing. a few idiots again.

Italy, well we all know the amount of part timers who attended that match.

Get a clip from the Noth Stand and I am sure you would not hear the booing.

I can honestly say that the only time I have heard booing at away matches was Wembley.

Jacobite Scots that is, whom many Scots opposed. The 'Chip on the Shoulder' brigade don't mention that and the way they carp on about it, you'd think people were still singing it when it hasn't been song officially for near enough 300 years!

What have the Jacobites got to do with Racism ?

As far as i am aware "Racism" wasnt about in that period of time.

Where does it say that "many scots" opposed the Jacobites ?

You cant blame every football "person" that goes to Hampden about "booing" an anthem........if truth be told its not racism involved in the "booing" of the Nth Ireland anthem - is it.

Fact - It is officially still in the song. Just type in "lyrics God Save The Queen" into Google.

Great anthem for uniting a union of nations eh? The massacre of a less armed rebellion army and more to the point the genocide of that people after it including the banning of tartan should not be celebrated today if ever. It doesn't matter if it's the Jacobite Scots (catholics) which I know it is supposed to infer but why have it in the song of a modern inclusive nation at all? Also to take your point that it is 300 years ago, why then have it in the song of a modern Scotland currently part of a modern UK? It's not exactly 'Land Of The Free' or 'La Marseillaise', it's just total shite. In fact it's boring - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwsUWcK-PzY

If people like slow songs why can'twe have something like "House Of The Rising Sun", Eric Burden (of the Animals) was from Newcastle -

'There was a house in New-castle,

where Scottish men did drink,

They slaughtered Geordie Englishmen ,

And stopped them having offspring,

Rebellious English were so crushed,

....................................'

......... we better put that down the new anthem song a bit, maybe verse 5. However Geordies will be required to conform and accept the national anthem.

Northern Ireland look to have a better squad these days.

Team GB doing well.

If the Tartan Army couldn't hear the Lithuanian anthem then why did the booing start when it was announced then carry on along with the singing until the anthem stopped?

They were either trying to drown out the Lithuanian anthem or that's one hell of a coincidence.

The Tartan Army DO boo during anthems, no doubt about that whatsoever.

England fans use the same excuses, congratulations.

If the Tartan Army couldn't hear the Lithuanian anthem then why did the booing start when it was announced then carry on along with the singing until the anthem stopped?

They were either trying to drown out the Lithuanian anthem or that's one hell of a coincidence.

The Tartan Army DO boo during anthems, no doubt about that whatsoever.

England fans use the same excuses, congratulations.

Reasonable question (i think) How do you know that they are members of the "Tartan Army" ?

Sorry, every member of the Tartan Army were sitting on their hands when the rest of the Scotland crowd were booing then.

The Tartan Army would never do such a thing.

If you look closely at the videos, you can just make out some pigs flying over the North Stand.