Weatherston has left

GeorgetheSaint

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reported in Radio Scotland today... One of QOS Goals, Dundee could not match Weatherston's run up the wing and his cross was met by Steven Dobbie who hit the back of the net.... am I the only one concerned?

believe me u aint alon on this one. i herd that too. its been a while since iv been shitting myself going into a game with qos closly followed by dundee... i recon we need to learn how to defend corners and quickly.

People talk as if it's unique to Saints to have a player move on elsewhere and do well - but it happens to every club, and it doesn't mean you should hold onto everyone just in case they come back to haunt us. If anything, the fact that the guy who was last in the queue here has gone on to immediately get a game and score goals somewhere else is testament to how much higher the competition for places is at Saints. Let's face it, if any one of our other strikers - Savo, Peaso, Samuel, Holmes or Jackson - had been chosen to move to another club instead of Weatherston, there's a good chance they'd be scoring goals at their new club now too. Does that means we need to keep all of them, just in case they do well here, even though we could never possibly give them all a game? Besides, if QoS had all of the strikers we have, there's a good chance Weatherston wouldn't be getting a game there either.

It`s hardly a testament to our fowards when they`ve hardly scored any goals now is it.Weatherson was never given a chance.Would certainly have put him ahead of Peaso,who is nothing but an overweight Corgi who needs put down

You better get off 666 posts with that post! Only part of your final sentence is true and is offfensive to Corgis.

It`s hardly a testament to our fowards when they`ve hardly scored any goals now is it.

Sure, form, performances and strike rates are poor at the moment, but unless you form your entire opinion of players over the space of a handful of games, I don't think you can say that any of our current strikers are incapable of getting goals. They've all been prolific in the past - just because they're not scoring at the moment doesn't mean they never will again. Weatherston has now been deemed the weakest of the bunch by two different Saints coaching teams.

Weatherson was never given a chance.

He was given a chance. He just didn't take it. Whenever I saw him he was half-decent, but showed nothing to suggest he should be chosen above established guys like Peaso and Savo. Saints didn't owe the guy a regular game - it was up to him to seize his opportunities when they came, just like Jackson managed to do, because Jackson's a better player. You need to earn your place in the team.

Or perhaps a manager who knows how to fit a good player into a system

These are all hindsight posts....

I've said it before on this thread but, 2 or 3 weeks ago, Davie wouldn't have been in many posters first 11 for Saints.......in fact more than a few wouldn't have him in the 16.

McInnes made the call as he saw it.

thats good as i am also. perhaps a new lease of life and change of scene will do him good. he always seemed to be missing something, plenty pace but no much guile or imagination

I think that's a good point about "new lease of life" - the move itself probably has a lot to do with the guy's sudden burst of form, because it's a new start for him, he's suddenly centre of attention and his confidence will be up again. Saints, on the other hand, could have kept him here and given him 4 or 5 games in the first team, and he probably wouldn't have shown any of the form he's now showing for QoS. I think the only way of genuinely knowing whether or not it's been a mistake to get rid of him is to see where he ends up 4 or 5 years from now, or even at the end of his career. You really can't tell anything from what he's done in his first two matches at a new club.