Left Back Issue Returns

soulfulsaint

Tuomo Könönen is not coming. Stevie Smith is now our main target, although that's already been branded as doubtful. Shambolic behaviour from McInnes. We might end up paying more money to Smith than Stanic is on at East Fife.

Oh Dear 101......double standards beginning to creep into some of your posts regarding critiscm and personal attacks on players and staff at the club.....ok so the Finn aint coming - but why is that shambolic business from Del ?

No one knows the reason ( could be personal !!) and to be frank (not my real name :laugh:) i think so far we have done without him.....so lets give Del som (RESPECT) and let him get on with providing the staff HE feels we need to progress and if he gets it wrong then thats his fault.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Dear 101......double standards beginning to creep into some of your posts regarding critiscm and personal attacks on players and staff at the club.....ok so the Finn aint coming - but why is that shambolic business from Del ?

No one knows the reason ( could be personal !!) and to be frank (not my real name :laugh:) i think so far we have done without him.....so lets give Del som (RESPECT) and let him get on with providing the staff HE feels we need to progress and if he gets it wrong then thats his fault.

Havers. This is not an attack of Del as a person rather as incompetent manager. RBB ADZ has already pointed out the Finnski has promised he would come to Scotland only to renege on the deal. Del knew of that failed transaction yet still gets duped himself. He is making basic and repeated errors.

Havers. This is not an attack of Del as a person rather as incompetent manager. RBB ADZ has already pointed out the Finnski has promised he would come to Scotland only to renege on the deal. Del knew of that failed transaction yet still gets duped himself. He is making basic and repeated errors.

You really should be a professional football manager.

Yet thankfully he's the least incompetent manager in the division thus far. Christ knows what stick he'd get if he wasn't doing well.

We've waited on him since July and now he's not coming. Del allegedly told a mixture of fans and reporters that the deal was done. How much will a loan signing help us?

At the risk of stating the obvious, for as long as the loaned player is with us! Stevie Smith would be a brilliant loan signing. It's a tough position to fill (as teams bigger and better than us have found) so I don't think we need to go into panic mode just because this Finnish guy has decided not to bother.

Del is new to management & is probably too trusting. Heris making the right moves but seems to take players word that they will sign. The Fin & Dixon to name but 2. There may have been others. Del has to be tougher & say sign on the dotted line or p off.He may lose a few but at least we would not have to go a half or a full season without an important position being covered.

Tuomo Könönen is not coming. Stevie Smith is now our main target, although that's already been branded as doubtful. Shambolic behaviour from McInnes. We might end up paying more money to Smith than Stanic is on at East Fife.

Is this official or is it another of your exclusives like the mooner to be released at the end of the season one that you had.

I think you should take a wee look at a thread you started earlier in the week with regards to personal attacks. Several points you might like to bear in mind:

1. You don't know the reason for the deal falling through!

2. You don't officially know it has fallen through.

4. The manager would not have had much to do with any contract negotiations.

Your Del has done this wrong and this wrong threads and posts are becoming very tiresome and need I say boring. get a grip and stop acting like an ass hole. if the deal has fallen through then so be it there might be a very good reason from the club that this deal has did if indeed it has. As for Smith I would take him in a minute!

Is this official or is it another of your exclusives like the mooner to be released at the end of the season one that you had.

I think you should take a wee look at a thread you started earlier in the week with regards to personal attacks. Several points you might like to bear in mind:

Your Del has done this wrong and this wrong threads and posts are becoming very tiresome and need I say boring. get a grip and stop acting like an ass hole. if the deal has fallen through then so be it there might be a very good reason from the club that this deal has did if indeed it has. As for Smith I would take him in a minute!

Can't agree with 3!

The 'Respect' thread was about discussing the private lives of staff and their families over the internet. Football related criticism is absolutely fine.

I'm not sure how not signing a player can be official. The press never named him as a Saintee elect, in the way they did with Midge. I don't expect to read much about this in the press. I just cannot believe that a few days beforel the transfer window, we're in the same boat as we were in July. Five months and sod all progress. It's almost nine months since Stan advised Del to find a replacement.

The reason is largely irrelevant. It's the arrogance of Del that's astounding. He knew the player had previously teased the Arabs, he was caught out waiting on players who went elsewhere and he had the player over for a few days to get to know him.

I'm not so sure that Smith is coming. I've been told by a few reliable people to expect him, but I would have thought that if there was any substance to the story, he would already be here on Emergency Loan. Then again, I don't have a great knowledge of the transfer rules so there may be a good reason for that not happening.

I dont agree that this is Del's fault!!! However i think the point 101 is trying to make was that Derek McInnes was the captain of Dundee United in 2005 when Kononen had a verbal agreement with Gordon Chisholm that he was signing for United after 10days training with them. He then returned to home, only for a DUNDEE UNITED FAN to inform the club that they had heard he has signed for a Norwegian outfit. All of this with McInnes as captain of the club you would expect would have been exposed to it and know the guy was a t***.

However i think the player and not Del is to blame.

VIVA MCINNES!

with McInnes as captain of the club you would expect would have been exposed to it and know the guy was a t***.

Okay, so at best, Del took a gamble on him. Surely, if you were in Del's shoes, you'd have a back up plan? This is the same Derek McInnes who thought Morgs was a leftback.

Barry Wilson parts company with ICT in a few weeks...

Okay, so at best, Del took a gamble on him. Surely, if you were in Del's shoes, you'd have a back up plan? This is the same Derek McInnes who thought Morgs was a leftback.

Barry Wilson parts company with ICT in a few weeks...

And you know for sure that Del doesnt have a back-up plan ?

Managers take a chance on certain players wanting to (initially) commit themselves to a particular club at a particular time.......look at the Chris Millar scenario...Morton pulled out all the stops to ensure Millar was still at Greenock.....fortunately for our club Millar stayed true to his word.....however we could all have said...."Jeez Del you better have a back-up plan just incase Millar changes his mind" ! Infact Del - dont get rid of a player like Allan Mcmanus....just incase Kevin James or any other defender gets a long term injury !

Morgan plays on the left and was "adaptable" as a midfielder/left back.....Kilmarnock stepped in and offered a better package and he took it.....it didnt work for him so Del took the option of a loan deal and hoped he could do the LB slot......Morgan has been a disappointment in that area......Then we tried the boy Cameron from the arabs (recommended as being Good to Great) didnt show that so it was back to the arabs.

Barry wilson was with us and I didnt see much in him to warrant another chance...he was Caley through and through.

The finn has obviously decided not to come and we cant blame the fact that he did the same at Dundee Utd when Del was a blooming player.....the guy didnt fit in with the club and didnt want to play there.

He expressed a desire to come here -but not right away....then we stuck LC at left back meantime as the players that were recommended by different sources including Goran didnt satisfy the clubs desire to be a saints LB....pre season games proved that.

The transfer window is a hinderance for all clubs as they try to identify Possible replacements for certain positions.....One minute they see a particular clubs interest and tell them that they will/may sign for them when they have seen out their contracts at their present clubs......this generates an interest among other clubs + their current club....so in effect they now go to the "highest" bidder.......Not Saints fault - Not Dels fault......part and parcel of the process.

No manager can turn around and say " shit i dinnae trust that guy to come to our club so we better look at 3 or 4 more......maybe we'll get one of them.

Del knows what he wants and if he gets a LB or hopefully 2/3 (incase of injuries or dips in form) !! then that should be left up to him and GB .

I wouldnt be surprised if DEL HAS a back-up plan and that he doesnt want to say who he has in mind until the deal is done and dusted......and the guy actually starts a game.

101, I can't see where the proof of Del's arrogance is. I think its a bit unfair to have an attack on Del on something you know very little about. Ok, so Kuonnen may not be coming now but how do you know that Del believed the deal was 100% done? If he knew he was to be coming then he may have said something in the press.

How do you know he hasn't got a back-up plan? How do you know he hasn't approached other clubs re loan signings? At this stage of the season, a loan signing wouldn't be too bad to help us win the league and then it would be easier to attract someone on a permanent deal with a guaranteed place in the SPL

Luckily, Liam Craig is doing a solid job at left back.

For the first few weeks it was like outtakes from the Vinny Arkins school of heading Christmas special. However, in recent weeks I've noticed he is winning most balls in the air and his positioning has improved. I really think we might have unearthed an excellent left back if he can improve his tackling a wee bit.

It's that catch 22 situation though - he really is a better left midfielder than he is a full back (for now). I still think the best bet is to get a left back in and get Craig into the midfield.

I am a bit confused by this whole 101 business.

On the one hand he reckons he doesn't know or speak to any of the players and has no connections with the club, yet he has lots of reliable sources!!

He constantly tells us news from these reliable sources that never come about but never apologises (e.g. Mooner).

Now he yet again has another personal attack at Del (what has this guy done to you?) for not ensuring that S. Duff Esq has done his job correctly (are not all signings, paperwork etc are done by Stuart and not by the manager).

One final point, I might have missed it, but I have never seen anything from the club or heard Del say that we have definitely signed this guy, can anybody please point me in the right direction.

One final point, I might have missed it, but I have never seen anything from the club or heard Del say that we have definitely signed this guy, can anybody please point me in the right direction.

I was thinking that myself.

A few years ago we were having the same discussion about a target man. Liam's doing a cracking job at left-back so the situation is not quite as desperate as it could've been. Again, there's no point in Del signing the first player that becomes available. If we can't get our targets on a permanent deal then I'm happy for us to go and get a decent guy on loan, if anyone wants to come here.

I'm sure Del hasn't been sitting back relying solely on the chances of Kuonnen coming so can't surely blame him in this case

On the one hand he reckons he doesn't know or speak to any of the players and has no connections with the club, yet he has lots of reliable sources!!

He constantly tells us news from these reliable sources that never come about but never apologises (e.g. Mooner).

First part is inaccurate.

I did apologise about Moonergate. Can't be bothered to find it, but I'm sure it was in response to a thread by Paul Smith when there was no official site updates.

Apologies are sadly lacking on this forum. I recall posting (possibly around the second visit to NDP) that Liam may well end up as our left back and being shot down in flames...

If I explain much further about TK I will land myself in bother. Suffice it to say that the player was named by Del as arriving in late December to start training, and eligible to play from 01/01/09. I believe that at least four forumers were told this from the horses mouth. There may have been a Plan B during October, but I doubt these have been followed up in such a manner that a deal can be closed soon.

Whilst I have now calmed down, I think Del has been grossly naive in this whole affair. Had an invalid contract been signed, the finger could be pointed at Duff, but this is not the case. Further, Stewart Duff for all his foibles is phenomenal asset to our club.

Del maybe was seen entering The Fish & Chip Co. on St Leonards Bridge and thats why all the heat on Del

Best Fish and Chips in Perth. Decent, honest bloke that owns it. If I ever eat fish and chips in Perth, it comes from his shop. Del obviously recognises good quality fast food, shame he can't find a permanent left back.