Mo Ross

Broon

Does anyone remember maurice ross at Rangers? The Sunday Mail has us looking at him after he was freed by Viking in Norway. Seem to remember he could play left back despite being right footed. Good strong and big defender.

No idea how he's played since leaving Rangers but I would think he would do a great job. How old is he now?

I think he was the next big thing at Rangers a few years ago and had been linked with a few teams down South.

It went further than that. He played for Sheffield Wednesday, Wolves and Millwall before heading to Norway. Noose may be able to give you an idea of how he shaped up in London.

I've bumped into him a few times. Billy Big Time and coagy b****** to boot. It's not his personality you have to concern yourself with when he's on the pitch, though.

I'd suggest Saints are taking interest in him with one eye on promotion. It may be the manager's view that your current defensive pool doesn't require the sufficient quality needed to compete consistently at SPL level.

Correct. Del's got to start looking ahead and look at players like Ross to strengthen the defense

I'd suggest Saints are taking interest in him with one eye on promotion. It may be the manager's view that your current defensive pool doesn't possess the sufficient quality needed to compete consistently at SPL level.

Possibly but the left-back slot will be up for grabs either at the end of this month (if Hanlon's loan isn't extended) or in the summer (if we haven't signed a replacement). Hanlon is good but unfortunatley Hibs have realised that and we haven't got a hope of signing him permanently.

All 3 were at Millwall 2006-2007, guess the old friends act could be working here if this does happen!

You'd think it would play a part. Everyone who seems to have had any playing contact with Del has been nothing but impressed as usually, you'd think Ross would have his sights set a bit higher.

Not sure he was ever Rangers (or Scotland) class but he should be easily good enough for this level and obviously brings SPL experience with the future possibly in mind.

On the official site now, that Ross was just training with us, as his team in Norway are in the middle of a winter break. Del denys any attempt to bring him to club.

He also denied trying to sign Samuel. Expect to see him signed by the end of the month or in the summer then. If he wasn't interested in signing him, why's he here training with us?