PITCH INSPECTION AT 12.30pm

Paul@StJohnstone

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the forecast says +1... why risk it? The forecast is rarely perfect, so there would be a chance that it would be below freezing. Absolutely shocking by the club, and Dunfermline will have an advantage in the next game.

Query to all - why does this give Dunfermline any more of an advantage?

Surely a smaller away crowd, the potential for them being further behind, injuries and suspensions that may accrue before the rearranged game is played, maybe even a change of referee would all give potential advantages to us?

No?

Query to all - why does this give Dunfermline any more of an advantage?

Surely a smaller away crowd, the potential for them being further behind, injuries and suspensions that may accrue before the rearranged game is played, maybe even a change of referee would all give potential advantages to us?

No?

No Hanlon = weakened left side... Harpur fit = stronger right side for Dunfermline... smaller crowd, pish atmosphere....

No Hanlon = weakened left side... Harpur fit = stronger right side for Dunfermline... smaller crowd, pish atmosphere....

As mentioned - Harper may be back, but so may Hanlon!!! Plus Harper was in Ando's pocket at EEP was he not? If so, there is your answer to your left side problem. See, all is back being well with the world! :wink:

Also, with a week left of the transfer window then who knows what players will be playing?

I don't know...

Well his deal will end a month after he signed, which I would imagine would have been Boxing Day so he could have played against Clyde, hence why Monday was my thinking.....

As for midweek games, there is something better about going to any football match under the floodlights than a normal Saturday - we will provide an atmosphere to make up for the lower number of their supporters!

Broon said ( I forgot the quote button!)

"Not according to BBC forecast. There are lots of different weather forecasts going around. The fact was, it was a clear day yesterday from late afternoon or so onwards and it was forecast to be clear and dry up until tomorrow. That in itself leads anyone to know its going to be cold.

Clear sky in January = bloody good chance of freezing temperatures at night.

And since when did anyone believe the weather forecast? One look outside and it was obvious it was going to be a cold night."

I would agree with this. The forecast I saw mid-afternoon even said that the east of the country would be clear, unlike the west, and so would have very low temperatures overnight. As has been said, it was clear all afternoon so I would have hoped the club would have erred on the side of caution. Will they actually have saved money given the smaller crowd they'll gett midweek? Dunno what an overnight heat costs.

This is a shambles and looks very amateurish. Stewart Duff was quoted on Radio Scotland as saying they checked the weather forecast and it was +1C, when has the forecast ever been exact? I could accept this excuse if the forecast was for about 5C.Also may have checked the weather forecast but did he check the calendar? Its January in Scotland ffs the weather regularly changes in a period of hours.

To be fair the frost this morning seemed to be a bit of a sudden event, especially compared to previous nights this week.

Friday evening temperateures were at freezing:

Kinross at 8pm was atfreezing.

Perth at 9.30 was at freezing, cars had a good coating of frost on them at this time! to me it was one of the coldest nights this week.

Surely someone at the club might have seen the temperatures at 11pm? anyway, everyone makes mistakes.... cant wait for the midweek game!

The amount of disappointment is large, just goes to show we all care for the club :) Looking at grass in and around Perth at 14.50, it might of been playable? obviously the Ormond stand shade would not have helped.

i think the pitch would have been playable at 14.30, was the 12.30 precautionary pitch inspection too early? whats the difference between 12.30 and 13.30 inspection. the frost lifted between 12.30 and 13.30.

Majority of people who needed to travel will still have travelled. Including many away support.

why didnt they put on the covers that are at the back of the east stand if there was a doubt wouldnt have taken that long to do

The club obviously didnt think there was any doubt.

possibly packed up at 5pm friday and didnt think about anything else after a quick scan on weather forecast websites.... the weekend had started! oops Saturday comes in January and we have frost...

although at 9pm last night you knew it was going to be a cold one!