Bars in Perth that have closed!!

THE REBEL SAINT

Well done Willie, I was waiting for somneone to pick that up. It had water running through it from the Lade, sold German beer and was wrecked by the SV Hamburg team one Wednesday night. I only know that because I worked in the City Mills on Saturday/Sunday mornings when I was 15 and the staff told me. Very upset Germans or something. :)

Perhaps someone mentioned "the War" Ronnie !

sure at least part of the scaramouch was the tavern, at the back there is still parts of the old building and street.

The St Johnstoun Tavern and the Scabby Bush are the same pub only thing different is the revamped interior and the layout. The building itself is the same. The old well from the Saints Tavern still exists under the current floor, and before the revamp the pub got in the late 90's where they put that stupid raised section at the front, it was only covered by a few sheets of plywood.

Out the back of the pub is still identical to the old days before the center was built, the windows to the kitchen etc is still there.

Spent many a happy night working behind the bar there!

The St Johnstoun Tavern and the Scabby Bush are the same pub only thing different is the revamped interior and the layout. The building itself is the same. The old well from the Saints Tavern still exists under the current floor, and before the revamp the pub got in the late 90's where they put that stupid raised section at the front, it was only covered by a few sheets of plywood.

Out the back of the pub is still identical to the old days before the center was built, the windows to the kitchen etc is still there.

glad somebody remembers the well.no many believe me when i mention the well.

ITS THE BIT AT THE BACK THAT IS WIERD .LIKE A TRIP[ BACK IN TIME!!

• 10 months later...
  • 7 years later...

i remember my grandad saying he used to booze in corner jocks.i wasnt around then though.

I remember after the games at MUIRTON my father and Uncle leaving me in the car  with a sixpence to nip round the corner to a chippie in Princes Street for a bag of chips while they had a pint in the Empire Bar in Canal Street.

Edited by Saintee Tam

• 3 years later...