Pulling power

Ray Blair

We are all in agreement that Saints can potentially take 5-6000 to Dens.

Our home crowd is lucky to be half of that normally.

Doing a rought count for every 100 of these fans who dont turn up every home

game loses Saints 1700 each game.More than enough to pay a decent left back his wages.

So why dont these people attend everyday home games?

More money=better players=better team??

game loses Saints 1700 each game.More than enough to pay a decent left back his wages.

I think at least 1000 will come from far and wide people who couldn't reasonably make McD on a week to week basis. Still count them as real Saints fans in some cases die-hards.

Singapore Saint is a good example.

Two young guys from Weston Super Mare born and bred near Bristol but their dad is from Letham and they can only come to 'big' games, went with me to the home game v Dundee and are Saints to the core.

People who work on sat! Cost is unreal,for me who has 3 boys 3 and 5,who love sainties Petrol fae dundee £8 me in £17 2 kids £20 snacks/juice £10(atleast). so not mutch change fae seventy quid, then get the misses a bottle o wine and me some cans and phone a curry thats £100 and thats only if she has no went shopping during the fitba.So only if you get a season ticket or win the lottery is it worth it. (play on a sunday and i will get a season for me and the kids and all the juiniors and amature football players may go).

People who work on sat! Cost is unreal,for me who has 3 boys 3 and 5,who love sainties Petrol fae dundee £8 me in £17 2 kids £20 snacks/juice £10(atleast). so not mutch change fae seventy quid, then get the misses a bottle o wine and me some cans and phone a curry thats £100 and thats only if she has no went shopping during the fitba.So only if you get a season ticket or win the lottery is it worth it. (play on a sunday and i will get a season for me and the kids and all the juiniors and amature football players may go).

a plan, no wine no curry no cans go to tesco before the game spend £5 on snacks!

Glory hunters?

There's always one - I was waiting for the above post. HOOK - LINE and SINKER.

Good cos it's true! Look at how many Saints had at the cup semi-finals. I know some of those that attended & they haven't been to a Saints game since (& it isn't due to lack of finances or cos they live outside Perth). Look how many Gretna 'fans' were at their cup final against Hearts.

Good cos it's true! Look at how many Saints had at the cup semi-finals. I know some of those that attended & they haven't been to a Saints game since (& it isn't due to lack of finances or cos they live outside Perth). Look how many Gretna 'fans' were at their cup final against Hearts.

AAH so there are only 250 real saints fans? them who were in vasa(finland incase you never knew)see ya tomorrow.

Good cos it's true! Look at how many Saints had at the cup semi-finals. I know some of those that attended & they haven't been to a Saints game since (& it isn't due to lack of finances or cos they live outside Perth).

So you know... You know fanny-all. You've come up with a 'Glib' one liner. If people chose to go to 'a' particular match then that's up to them. Not everyone is in a position to go to matches on a weekly basis. Perhaps you should post on here advising people that if they don't go to matches every week they are not welcome at Dens. I'm sure the club would be very impressed.

I know someone, probably the most passionate dedicated Saints fan I have ever met.

They use to attended every 1st team and reserve game home and away (a few years ago now)

But they had to put working Saturdays before club, a tough decision for them, but there was no real choice. They will maybe find a way to get a day off for one off games.

Cost is an issue i agree.

We just dont have 5-6k die hards that have the day off every saturday.

How many are there?

So you know... You know fanny-all. You've come up with a 'Glib' one liner. If people chose to go to 'a' particular match then that's up to them. Not everyone is in a position to go to matches on a weekly basis. Perhaps you should post on here advising people that if they don't go to matches every week they are not welcome at Dens. I'm sure the club would be very impressed.

Anyone is entitled to go to any match they like. Still doesn't explain the fact that the Old Firm probably have as many supporters in Perth as Saints do. I know guys who travel down to watch Man U & Liverpool. Would they do that if they were a couple of mid-table teams? A lot of people like to support winning teams & if you if you can't see that then you know fanny-all.

AAH so there are only 250 real saints fans? them who were in vasa(finland incase you never knew)see ya tomorrow.

When Aberdeen & Dundee U were dominating Scottish football in the early

80s Rangers often had poor attendances sometimes as low as 10000 so does that mean there's only 10000 real Gers?.....come to think of it, it probably does!:) I rest my case. And yes, I'll be in the East Stand tomorrow.

What a great thread. Night before the most important game for years and some of you guys are coming up with some shite.

Lets all just try getting behind each other and the team and quit the bitchin..I don't give a feck who turns up tomorrow and at Dens next week and how often they have been this season. The reason they will be there is to support saints and frankly at this time , the more the merrier..

COME ON YOU SAINTS FANS.

Right on Mr G. I dunno why people bring these attendances issue up everytime we get anywhere near a big game. If the team was winning everything in sight and playing fancy entertaining football you'd be lucky to get in the park every week. Folk are choosy - it's the way it is.