#39 - 02/05/09 - Greenock Morton (h)

Thats probably quite a good spin on things though.

I would say that we have the 2nd highest bugdet in the league this season, probably behind Dunfermline who, its no secret, have players tied into contracts that they cant afford to terminate and have been running at a loss. All SPL wages.

dont get me wrong, full of admiration for what has been achieved, just my take on things. The fact is, we have escaped from this hell hole and I am bloody well glad of it!!

Dundee spent more money than us this season. Of that there can be no doubt.

Too many thoughts on the game to put them all down here in writing, but just have to say what a fantastic day - great result, great performance, great atmosphere. Days like that are the ones that make all the bad times worthwhile. The dismal days of our first few seasons back in the First Division seem like a lifetime ago now.

Every player was terrific on Saturday, but I'd have to give special mentions to Moon, Samuel, Millar and of course The Wizard who all displayed genuine, top level class. I've questioned on here in the past whether Millar would be good enough for the SPL, but if he can play like that in the top flight then he'll be an absolute gem. Samuel's energy and skill were also a delight - his cross for the header that Savo narrowly missed demonstrated some amazing ability. As for The Wiz - what a footballer. The guy's skill is just out of this world. Just about every touch from him on Saturday involved a flick or a trick. I don't think I've ever seen any sight as joyous as Paul Sheerin in full flight. A few have mentioned that it looked a bit like a swansong from him, but I can only pray that he stays on, because part of me thinks he'll be even better when given the space to play that the SPL allows.

I also hope all of Main's detractors noticed his reaction to Saints' equaliser - the guy went absolutely mental. Let it never be said that he isn't absolutely desperate to see St Johnstone succeed - a true club legend who deserves every ounce of praise he's had, and has also been a huge part of why we've gone from also-rans to champions.

Thistle's overheads are also high. But the bottom line is, our wages are not colossal as 101 Saint wants everyone to think!

I offer no apologies for your naivety or ability to apply thought to your posts. Shame your source of knowledge is a propaganda machine.

Del, as others have made very clear on here, was twisting the truth when talking about Partick. The do not have any players on a wage greater than Morris or Craig.

Dundee claim to have a club wage cap of £500/week per player. Gallagher is on £2k per week at Dunfermline (which is one of the reasons Del has stopped that enquiry, at present) and they do have others on good money.

Del is taking the Tin Dish. He had that speech well rehearsed, and worded it very well. He's might just dig his own grave.

However, the reports will be out soon and when they are Forum name caller can show me where my accountancy is failing me!

As for Hardie, he's never looked the player he was. Del is dropping him deeper to protect him, but it's a short term thing. Hards will not hit the dizzy heights of two years ago and I'm gutted to say it.

Hards will not hit the dizzy heights of two years

His age now determines that, thats not rocket science. Dundee, Dunfermline, Partick Thistle and St.Johnstone's overall spending is similar, not 'buying the league' as you suggested. That is my point. Not what individual players earn, not wage caps, none of that jargon.

You ought to study propaganda a bit further before you suggest that St Johnstone are a 'propaganda machine'. McInnes, Brown and Duff are hardly Riefenstahl, Mao and Goebbels. He chose his words carefully but can only be accused of playful 'spin' or 'symbolic state style' at worst.

His age now determines that, thats not rocket science. Dundee, Dunfermline, Partick Thistle and St.Johnstone's overall spending is similar, not 'buying the league' as you suggested. That is my point. Not what individual players earn, not wage caps, none of that jargon.

You ought to study propaganda a bit further before you suggest that St Johnstone are a 'propaganda machine'. McInnes, Brown and Duff are hardly Riefenstahl, Mao and Goebbels. He chose his words carefully but can only be accused of playful 'spin' or 'symbolic state style' at worst.

I largely agree with what you've said. I do believe that we have the highest PLAYER wage and bonus bill in the league but it's not as simple as buying the league.

My main reason for highlighting our wage budget increase is because the narrow minded forumers are lauding Del over Coyle without knowing the facts. Del has done a job where Owen failed but it ain't that simple. Apples and pears, eh?

We'd have the highest bonus bill because we paid the most bonuses... I wont be dragged down... CHAMPIONEEES!

Does anyone believe that Owen Coyle and Derek McInnes would have greatly different budgets... Owen Coyle gave us a sound footing, Derek McInnes has took that and put his own stamp on it and now we are in the SPL... get over it and try enjoy the ride instead of whining!

Marvelous stuff on Saturday, as good a performance as Saints have put in for many, many years. The midfiled were magnificent, Sammy was superb again, the defence were very solid. A great day all round really.

A word on Sheerin, what a game he had, what a player he is, every touch was a trick - if anyone has the bit with the corner flag on video then please get it on you tube ASAP. If that was his last home game (I really hope not) then what a way to sign off.

One of my best days ever as a saintee , thanks to everyone connected to the club.

Severe hang over on Sunday but it didn't hurt as i was smiling all day. Got my voice back on Tuesday and saintees songs still keep popping into my head at all times of the day.

Great performance on the pitch , loved the invasion and thanks to the club for letting it happen.

Congratulations to Geoff Brown and great decision to appoint Del and Tony.

Met a few Edinburgh saintees in the Muirton suite after the game, top blokes ,keep the faith.

Hit the 208 around 7pm ,it was electric and about 140 degrees in there , what an atmosphere.

9.05 bus down the town ,straight to the Royal,then 1 in Christies and headed to Ormonds.On the way up the high st I heard loud singing from the caledonian ,glad to say it wasnt the karaoke bt Larky leading about 30 saintees in a non stop round of tunes.Joined in for a few songs and another beer then off to Ormonds.

Ormonds was pretty quite , a few saintees around but had a beer with one of the McDiarmid stretcher barers .

Back to the Royal by which time it was rockin. Wall to wall saintees including lots of forumers. It was song after song after song ,absoloutely brilliant atmposphere ,best the Royal has been for years.Had a beer or two with Saintbear , Faircityfirm and a few others but memory is now very clouded. stayed there with hundreds of others until chucking out time then it was into the que for the Loft. Got in with my scarf and saints shirt showing.

had a couple in the Loft and home via taxi at about 2am ,or so I was informed the next morning.

Feeling really optomistic about next season,we have a realistic chance of a top 6 finish and we are capapable of beating all teams in the SPL.can't wait for it to all start again(after Airdrie that is).

Having seen your name, Ginger Baker, I now remember speaking to you at some point on Saturday. Possibly in the 208 but things are also very vague after such an exstensive drinking session. Good to meet you, fine sir.

Cheers Noose, it was just before i headed down town so I had forgotten as I had consumed quite a few by then. Good to meet you and congratulations on getting yourself in some many photso in the papers. I bought loads of papers on Sunday and monday and you were in a lot. Great souveniers for the grand kinds many years down the line.