Murray Davidson

Radford 72

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be good cover especially if Gartland off.

Is there any suggestion of that, Mike? Being negative, it would then seem that Holmes, Irvine and Gartland might not sign on again.

Davidson is a quality young player and we'd be getting him for a bargain. It does seem like we're going to be overloaded with central midfielders though, especially when you add in the strong rumours about Neil Macfarlane too.

Is there any suggestion of that, Mike? Being negative, it would then seem that Holmes, Irvine and Gartland might not sign on again.

Davidson is a quality young player and we'd be getting him for a bargain. It does seem like we're going to be overloaded with central midfielders though, especially when you add in the strong rumours about Neil Macfarlane too.

Nope, not heard anything on Gartland just looking for a more positive spin on the fact we are looking at a right sided player.

Interesting Davidson is a good player and a good prospect, scores long range beauties (ive been forced to watch livi highlights on numerous occasions by my mate at uni) however Mackay is past it , not the sort of player we need and nowhere near as good as Irvine, unless Mackay is the new LB ^_^ but i actually doubt he will come Davidson i can see as we are now in the SPL, can be a stepping stone to bigger things and offer a decent/on time wage. But as stated Mackay says he isn't leaving till getting paid his overdue wages and i hope he stays there TBH. Dundee i think may get him but im more worried that Motherwell are/were sniffing about.

On a side note McLean is out of contract at Motherwell think he may be possible to get?

If that's true, I think it'd be a good signing for the future. Moon's already established himself, and this is Sheerin's last season, so Murray will probably take over in his stead, making sub appearances or starting cup games against lower-league opposition.

Why would Davidson, a rated prospect with other offers, come to saints to be a bench warmer? As good as he looks, this is the one area of the team that we're overloaded in, but I'm sure if he was to sign he would be more than a bit part player, and we'd be looking at a Morris Davidson central midfield, with Mooner benched.

I would be delighted if Davidson joined the club. Great young midfielder who I assume would join us with a view to breaking into the starting XI with pretty immediate effect. It gives Moon a bit of competition for the second centre midfield slot beside Morris. Mackay would also be useful, but the rumour of his signing spells out something rather ominous in my opinion.

In the SPL we will need a good squad:

The midfield Sheerin, Craig, Morris, Moon, Hardie, Millar

Thats only six players and Sheerin, Hardie and Morris will likely not play a full season of 90mins every week so bringing Davidson in would be a great move.

As for MacKay - I would love him here even if Irvine stays - we need cover at centre back and right back and I am not Ando's biggest fan so think MacKay could do this job.

In the SPL we will need a good squad:

The midfield Sheerin, Craig, Morris, Moon, Hardie, Millar

Thats only six players and Sheerin, Hardie and Morris will likely not play a full season of 90mins every week so bringing Davidson in would be a great move.

As for MacKay - I would love him here even if Irvine stays - we need cover at centre back and right back and I am not Ando's biggest fan so think MacKay could do this job.

This will be Swankie's Season.......

This will be Swankie's Season.......

Oh yeah.. forgot about him, wonder why? :laugh:

Seriously though, he has a lot of talent and he COULD do well at this level. However, as a fan it is painful to watch him crapping out of 50:50 balls and seemingly not wanting to run at a man when he has lots of space to do so. I just hope he is not another Willie Mclaren

Would not want mckay his attitude this season has been stinking. Davidson would be a very good signing even though we have a few players in midfield he is quite versatile and will keep the others on their toes competition wise.

MacKay would be a great signing, imo his "attitude" is result to not getting his wages on time, i'd be the same!